1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Dont Touch MY Computer Woman! Update 7/19

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by phantomxc, 3 May 2005.

1. phantomxc

phantomxc What's a Dremel?

Well since I am very anal about people touching my computer, especially the woman. I decided its time for her to get her own. So now she has no reason to touch mine and magically mess it up. ^_^.

As for the hardware she is getting all my old stuff and some scraps lying around. All she does is read email and junk like that. Anyways My last project didn't turn out so well as it was my first time using a dremel and anyting of that sort so this one im going to spend alot more time on to hopefully create something worth looking at. So here it is.

Athlon XP 2700+
    512 pc 2700
    Msi k7n2g-ilsr
    350 watt ps
    20 gig HD laying around.

As for the case....its from my first computer, a 650 k7 o something. So its pretty hidious. So lets start with the pictures.

[​IMG] thats the actual case, yes sry for the bad picture.

[​IMG] the front panel

[​IMG] after the first hack at it with the dremel and lots of sanding.

[​IMG] front panel on the case....that metal back there doesn't look too good.

[​IMG] ahhh metal free....

[​IMG] well my first hack at bondo and like an hour of sanding. Wish i had more pictures of how much bondo i actually put on ^_^ Oh ya cut a little fan hole.

[​IMG] showin some upclose of the bondo.

[​IMG] some more close ups

[​IMG] you like that workstation dont you!

[​IMG] not sure which one this is....I think its where i placed the outside of a regular 80 mm fan as the base for the circle and added bondo around it to make it look more natural.

[​IMG] or maybe this is the one that i was just talking about ....cant tel from the thumbs ><

well thats it for now. I actually am alot farther then this but i have no digital camera....borrowed a friends for these. Im on primer for the paint and some putty stuff but i'll update it with more pics as soon as i can. I also cant seem to find the side panels as they are lost in the garage. But I have some pretty cool ideas that the wife and I came up with for the side panels as she loves stars. Enjoy

Last edited: 19 Jul 2005
  2. KodiakStar

KodiakStar What's a Dremel?

Very interesting... good luck with it :)

3. otispunkmeyer

otispunkmeyer What's a Dremel?

lol those hand me down parts for her computer are pretty uber for just web surfing and emailing!

but good idea...

i look after the computers in my house, and after i just fixed the family PC, my mum uses it and the screen turns off inexplicably and i spend the next hour fixing it lol women have that magic touch with technology

4. PretendR

PretendR What's a Dremel?

AAaargh feet!!! :) just joking.. starting to go the right way. are you going to paint the skeleton?

5. TTmodder

TTmodder Hammertime

spray it pink :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. BrokeEnthusiast

BrokeEnthusiast What's a Dremel?

nice workstation! very professional

7. phantomxc

lol no its going to be metalic black with silver highlights and maybe some purple lights.....or green not sure...up to her. That workstation is uber right there. :hip: thanks for the comments...off to job interview then work ><

8. disco volante

disco volante What's a Dremel?

Heh, I did a similar mod on a similar case. Click the second link in my signature if you care.

This one looks like it has potential, I like the look of that window thing on the front

9. Xarig

Xarig What's a Dremel?

The UnPC PC interesting idea. Daren't think about such a thing here, my mrs wouldn't allow it :hehe: :hehe:

Hey have fun, looking good so far.

10. phantomxc

Thanks! I wish i saw that earlier ! that is a sweet paint job...im only hoping mine will be 1/2 that good lol. kinda funny someone else has that same case....its soo old.

I'll try and post some more pictures this weekend and work on it some more! as i just got all my stuff together!

11. BrokeEnthusiast

BrokeEnthusiast What's a Dremel?

12. jetsetjimbo

jetsetjimbo Up-up and away

If I was you I'd have some shoes on when doing that kind of work. :D

13. St3alth

St3alth What's a Dremel?

looks good so far :rock: o and you should put an xconnect uv green power supply in there if u go with green looks really nice.

14. Redwolf

Redwolf Supermodel

"Well since I am very anal about people touching my computer, especially the woman. I decided its time for her to get her own. So now she has no reason to touch mine and magically mess it up. ^_^ ."

Yeah I hate that too, I have 5 computers in the house and for some reason every one likes to use mine. Thats why I am building me another one so they can play with the other one.

15. koola

koola Minimodder

Nice start!

PS: Don't let foot fetish people see those pics!

16. phantomxc

Im sure it would but this project is minimal $$ project, as i just spent $600 on upgrading mine. Anyways i got this puppy up and running....had to steal a power button for now but it is working....Im looking for a digital camera to steal from one of my friends so hopefully more pictures....

thanks for all the replies

17. phantomxc

oops.... ^_^ no body saw that :hip:

Last edited: 19 Jul 2005
  18. phantomxc

Yes im alive but im sure no one cares so its all good :p I just moved 2,500 miles away so ive been pretty busy for the past month. So i think its time for an update..how about you....?

First off is the side panel which i didn't find until the 2nd day before we left hidden in the garage. So now that im kinda unpacked and know where things are I could finally continue this mod. So ya 18 disc later i got this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

yes i know its crooked i was trying a new disc which didn't work out too well *tip* use the smaller disc....its easier to go straight */tip*

[​IMG]

so here is the front finally painted. painting is not my thing...im the most impacient person.

[​IMG]

heres the top of the computer with some plexi im holding up. Its going to use some defyant style lights maybe?

[​IMG]

blurry pic showing my crappy paint job.

[​IMG]

heres the front with the plexi put in. you can kinda see the stars i started to engrave (first time trying that)

[​IMG]

closer version. Yes i know the circles are crooked...did that all with sand paper...which isn't very easy. used some wire to hold them up.

[​IMG]

and a final from the front with the front on... yes its uneven on the top i know but its not worth fixing. there are dings all over on the paint from moving it so dont point all those out. Hope you likey...will update wen ever i get more done.

19. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Yeah another barefoot-modder :D Looks like everyone has atleast one footshot in their projectlogs :)

IMO paintjob looks all ok, I don't understand why are you whining it so much :)

20. Wicked looking mate, those cuts look sweeeet! :thumb: