1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: ELITE (Watercooled Rocketfish) 4/16 Better pics (finally)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by cheezeit, 15 Aug 2008.

1. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

cheezeit,
    Do you think I could do this with a Palm Lifedrive? The one with the HDD in it. Very good idea by the way:clap:
    John

2. cheezeit

cheezeit What's a Dremel?

Boy 4rm Oz: Thanks for all your encouragement, it was really nice throughout the mod!

Big-Dog: Thanks bro!

Jegerjon: Thanks. I have completed actually everything that I planned for this mod. So far I'm just waiting for a usb bracket from a friend so I can plug my lcd in from the inside and close my right case panel. However, I may add bits here and there as time permits. :) Loved your NLM mod by the way, I even pmed you about how you got the brushed look if you remember.

jhanlon: I know the program is supposed to be able to run on all palmOS pda's above OS3. For example, my pda is OS5 and it runs perfectly. Does that help?

Okay, so school has started again for me, and that means its back to hitting the books and less time for modding. :sigh: However, I definitely listen when you guys suggest adding something, so if you have any suggestions or comments, please post them! I'll consider adding anything to the case :)

3. Teknokid

Teknokid Minimodder

Wow... Lovely stuff going on here, Looks so clean and profesional

*subscribed*

4. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

No worries mate, I know how much good encouragement means lol.

5. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

that is well swish, I'm not too keen on the silver on the front side, but other than that. really nice.

6. cheezeit

Teknokid: Thanks :)

Boy 4rm oz: your LEXA is looking good! If only I had more time to read and drop in comments on other threads :/

keir:Thanks man, for now the silver has to stay because its how the front fan breathes.

7. jhanlon303

My quotes to anodize the silver to matching black was more than the $42 I paid for the case. The silver stays on mine.:wallbash:

John

8. jhanlon303

A little off topic maybe but does anyone know which REAL Lian-Li case is closest in size to our Rocketfish? For things like side panels?
    John

9. yeknom

yeknom What's a Dremel?

Updates?

John, dunno if you care after 3 months, but I think a Lili A-70 works

10. Neji

Neji What's a Dremel?

Well, I really enjoyed reading this log. Great work.

11. OutKast

OutKast 4

Amazing work, I love the recycling of the palm unit! Can't wait to see your next project!

12. psychoti

psychoti What's a Dremel?

good job m8!

13. NysoO

NysoO Handcrafted

Really nice looking case. Simple and elegant in it's complexity. Nice color scheme.

14. ChetUbetcha

ChetUbetcha What's a Dremel?

An aquarium filter bag for the charcoal.

15. cheezeit

Update 4/16

yeknom, neji, outkast, psychoti, nyso0:
    Thanks alot guys! I really appreciate the kind comments.

chetubetcha: Haha you got it! Somebody on Hard recognized it almost as soon as i posted it :eyebrow: How does the internet recognize these random things....

john: More than the case?? Well it's hard to beat $47 i guess. Whatever happened to your rocketfish:thumb:

Ok, so it's been a while and i realized i never took any decent pics toward the end. Life got in the way haha. Anyways, I'm on spring break and the sun was out today so I decided to see if i could get some nicer pics. All i have still is my crappy point and shoot but i busted out the tripod and messed a bit with the settings. Oh, got a new motherboard too (Abit-IP 35 PRO) for all you haters of my gigabyte rainbow colored board :D Here's what i have to show you guys from that:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As soon as i get time I'll be cleaning up the wiring sleeving (need some decent quality sleeving, not the crappy xoxide stuff) I'm also going to try and make a plug on the back for the palm, right now it is just a wire leading out the back like you can see in the last pic. I also have some black spray paint so I might see if i can paint the silver parts on the front black

What do you guys think?

16. jhanlon303

Really looks nice. I like it a lot. Not too much of anything - just a good balance. :thumb:

My Rocketfish sits on the floor beside me and serves as my Iced coffee cup holder in the day time and a great beer can rest in the evenings - just the right height and properly protected of course. I think I must have one of the last virgin un modded cases left.

john

17. Voluntary_Pariah

Voluntary_Pariah a Real Man™

REALLY like what you are doing! Especially the way that you stealthed the DVD drive :thumb:

Keep up the good work, and I'll just keep planing to steall all your good ideas (with your say so, of course)

P.s: I think that the watercooling tubes would look really good with some blue or black Anti-kink spring stuff on (do you know what I mean??) Just my £0.02

18. Geowal19

Geowal19 What's a Dremel?

Drawing cold air from outside the case will give you better temps than drawing partly warm air from inside the case.

19. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Are any of these cases still available? For non-astronomical prices?

20. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Dude, it looks awesome, really nice work.

Please please please replace the CPU block top with a Delrin one, my GTX alu top started corroding after 2.5 months of use, if I didn't strip my loop down when my mobo died I would be in big trouble, just a little heads up.

Tags: