1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project Evolution by PEXON. 13th Jan 2K13 - FINAL (nearly) photos!!!!!! OMG1337SAUCE

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by shrop, 4 Nov 2011.

1. shrop

shrop El Jefe of Sleeving

Not an update, but I've got some more stuff coming tomorrow/wednesday, just a rad and some more tubing, so all I need is to complete the paint work, a few panels need neatening up and then order a 7970 block and I'm ready to rock and roll! Hopefully, by the end of this month, right as I predicted. Thank god, its nearly been a year!!! :O

2. shrop

Mainly been doing some touch up on the paint front, I've painted all the rads, 90% of the fans, done all the carbon wrapping, all I need is a 7970 block and some cooling liquid, most likely some Mayhems I think. I might go for flat black or a dark blue/ nearly black, similar to the dark metallic blue the exterior of the case is painted. I think its gonna look ace with the fans matching the case and the rads matching the interior! I can't wait to get finished, its been nearly a year! :O

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. shrop

Mounted a little blanking plate on the top and front panels today, they have been laying around in my room for a while and need a little clean up.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rad sandwich nearly complete, just waiting for some fans to dry to finish it off.

This is how they are piped up, I think it looks pretty rad :epiccoolface:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also test fitted the top rad and fan grill. Need some more bits from Nils at MDPC like the caps for the bolts and a little more sleeving.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. shrop

Nearly there! I'm getting a 7970 block and back plate for my birthday and that and some coolant is all I need to finish. I am STILL working on the paint job, I'm not a professional paint sprayer so its taking much longer than I expected, I should have got it powder coated in the first place, anyway, you live and learn! I've also been tidying up the PSU cables and sleeved a few SATA 3 cables.... so, I'll see you chaps in about 2 weeks, with hopefully a 95% finished system! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also sorted out the paint on all the radiators and fans, all sleeved etc, ready to go, I must admit they look pretty.. heres a sneak

[​IMG]

I'm also trying to start up my own little PC company, so if you guys would be kind enough to give me a like I'd be very grateful... here is a little snap of a low end budget system I am building for my friend.

www.facebook.com/computers4allUK

[​IMG]

5. ziza

ziza What's a Dremel?

wow those Enermax fans look really sweet.

6. shrop

Thanks very much man! :)

7. shrop

Well chaps and chappettes! I'm getting there, slowly but surely! Its been a mental week, my keyboard and headphones died... my beloved DT770's died, the sounded delicious, they had over 2000 hours burn in on them :( Oh, plus I'm typing on a 5 quid ASDA keyboard; BUT onwards and upwards, EVO is finally getting there! Mostly this week, I've been tatting downstairs where the light is good, in the conservatory, chilling with the dog and putting a good few hours tidying up the little nicks in the paint work, a little bit of sleeving and etc stuffs.

[​IMG]

WORD UP DAWGGGGGGGG!!! (Ruby the little helper, namely stealing all the boxes and packing material and ripping them up! :D)

[​IMG]

Right, ripped off the stock 7970 cooler and cleaned up the mountains of paste covering, well pretty much half the GPU!

[​IMG]

I also got my hands on a 7970 backplate... I sanded it down, primed it, wet and dried and sprayed it, the holes dont line up..... must be for the V2 vanilla 7970... :(

I gave the 7970 block a little clean, just to ensure the pads sat nicely and the GPU core gets nice contact. Good old tomato ketchup!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Beware... NSFW

[​IMG]

Here comes the fun bit!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh and the coolant of choice... Mayhems 'Oil,' Black.... Looks more purple to me, but I bet getting a pre-mix proper black is damn hard work... it still looks cool and fits the build nicely.

[​IMG]

This is the last photo I got before my camera died... half way through filling... more to come tomorrow! Thanks for looking as always peeps! Love, Pexon... :rock:

[​IMG]

8. Fuganater

Fuganater What's a Dremel?

I think that is the thinnest GPU block I have ever seen!

9. shrop

Seems to be working fine, went up to 42 degrees C last night on Red Orchestra 2 maxed out, that was with only 2 fans on the top rad, never mind the fans on the rad sandwich.

10. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

you have a chocolate lab called Ruby? I want a choc lab and currently have a snake called Ruby :)

PC's looking really good too ;)

11. shrop

HAHAH!!! Choco labs Cheesecake!

12. shrop

Sorry for the lack of update... window will be in tomorrow, then just get fan controller sorted then 100% done! WOOP!!!!

[​IMG]

13. shrop

Got the window acrylic chopped up to size, but I dont want to mount it with tape. I was thinking of bolting it one and using some MDPC nut-caps to finish it off... what do peeps think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. KoSoVaR^

KoSoVaR^ Professional Sleever & Modder

WOW !
    Thats an awsome looking U-Channel, Where did you get that small one ?

15. shrop

Sorry for the late reply, its from Kustom PC

16. OcSurfe

OcSurfe Uber Noob

get the window in brah!

17. shrop

Waiting to order some more stuff from MDPC, which will be this week, most probs, I need the fastener caps to make it look all bossin'.

18. OcSurfe

OcSurfe Uber Noob

It always looks bossin' bro!

19. shrop

[​IMG]

Little teaser shot, system nearly done!

20. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Looking good dude! :D