1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: F.E.A.R. (SFF) - December 20, 2007

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by HourBeforeDawn, 7 May 2007.

1. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alright the people have spoken and what they want to see from me is a SFF (Small Form Factor) Case build themed after the ever popular and one of my personal fav games F.E.A.R. so here it is and here it will begin.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The case in which I will be using as the foundation of this build will be the Thermaltake LANBOX Lite as all the compartments are modular which will help reduce some of the construction time on some of the housings for the computer parts.

[​IMG]

Once I get my hands onto this case I will be able to examine it further and then start sketching out some possible themed render for the build.
    Update August 21: Check post #12 for some pics on the case.

Hardware:
    (The hardware I plan to run in this build)

CPU: Intel Q6600 G0 SLACR
    PSU : OCZ GameXStream 1010w Power Supply // Sponsored By: OCZ Technology
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-G33M-S2H LGA 775 Intel G33 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
    Ram: SUPER TALENT 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
    GPU: Radeon HD 2900 XT
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3750640AS 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive // Sponsored By: Geeks.com
    ODD: LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model LH-20A1L-06

Cooling:
    Swiftech H20-120 Compact Water Cooling (Used to cool the cpu) // Sponsored By: Swiftech
    AlphaCool Cape Bullseye Reservoir (placed in-line with the H20-120) // Sponsored By: ArcticMOD.com
    Feser One - F1 - Cooling Fluid - UV BLACK / RED (custom mix) // Sponsored By: Feser-One.com
    All other hardware will be cooled with the stock or aftermarket air cooling.
    All fans used in this build was Sponsored By: AcousticPC.com

Case Lighting: All case lighting used in this build was Sponsored By: CoolerGuys.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 20 Dec 2007
  2. itsjustacompaq

itsjustacompaq Minimodder

wow, man, that sketchup must have been a lot of work! it looks really cool, but i wonder what the outside shell will look like?

3. HourBeforeDawn

ya so do I, lol well Im still in the design phase on how I want to take this project but thats also why I started a discussion thread as I would like to see what people would like to see and try to incorporate it into the project.

Oh that scetchup did take hours but not in drawing all that just figuring out how I would place it all, all of those images have already been pre-rendered.

4. HourBeforeDawn

updated the above images.

5. HourBeforeDawn

Well the case is on the way so when I get it I will post some pics and start figuring out how I will cannibalize it to work with what Im aiming for on the internal design.

6. x06jsp

x06jsp da ginger monkey!!!!

this looks very promising!

7. HourBeforeDawn

Hardware List Added :thumb:

8. Noobkiller

Noobkiller What's a Dremel?

OMG! About time!

BTW! Did you know that the sequel won't have FEAR name?

9. HourBeforeDawn

well it keeps going back and forth but its more then likely have FEAR in the name but have a sub name like they did for Extraction Point.

Im hoping to get the TT Lanbox Lite in by the end of the week.

10. KaotiK

KaotiK What's a Dremel?

There was a competition running for people to decide the name of the sequel. The three best have been picked and you can vote on what one you like best. The 3 are Dead Echo, Project Origin, Dark Signal

Edit : Just realised the voting for these stopped on the 10th of this month :(

11. HourBeforeDawn

huh well I guess mine didnt make it lol thats okay couldnt really think of anything well I like Project Origin or Dead Echo.

12. HourBeforeDawn

Here is the box that the case came in.
    [​IMG]

The Case itself and all its glory.
    [​IMG]

The case versus a screw driver... the case didnt stand a chance.
    [​IMG]

What will be painted Red.
    [​IMG]

Here is a pic of what came in one of the boxes, ya I know its not much but its important none the less. ^_^
    [​IMG]

Here is an image of the LS DVD Burner that will be used and the X-Box HD DVD drive not sure how I will mod this just yet.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And in this next pic, I will be using one of those style Res in this build, it will be installed in-line with the Swiftech H20-120 Compact Water Cooling
    [​IMG]

13. x06jsp

looking good.

now get modding!!

14. lisimengok

lisimengok What's a Dremel?

so good...i will waiting your CaseMOD,hehe

15. HourBeforeDawn

Alright at first I thought I was going to have to mount the Res outside of the case as I wouldnt have room for it on the inside, well after staring at the case for a nice long time, I figured out how I can have it installed on the inside and make it so that I could slide the top panel off still to get access to the system.

[​IMG]

It will make more since when I cut it and upload that image ;)

Also by relocation the lower HDD rack, I am able to keep the extra storage location but still be able to mount a longer graphics card.

[​IMG]

Also by removing the top 3.25 bay location, frees up room for me to be able to install the Radiator from the swiftech kit, now I just have to decide if I will have the fan flush with the outside of the case and the rad inside or have the fan inside the case and the rad mounted flush to the outside of the case.

[​IMG]

Alright Im going to pick up some paint and cutting wheels after work today and start cutting some metal tomorrow. ^_^

16. HourBeforeDawn

Picked up some of the supplies today, like the paint for one.

I cleaned and prepped half of the items I plan to paint, the other half I have to do some modding on.

Alright after two coats of primer.

[​IMG]

Here is the first coat of color, after it cures I will wet sand and then apply the second coat, let it dry and paint the other side with the same process.

[​IMG]

17. x06jsp

the work looks good so far. keep it up :thumb:

18. HourBeforeDawn

well its 1:35am and I just got done putting on the second coat of color, ya I know I could have waited until the morning but at least this way Im a head ^_^

19. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

Cool mod! Look forward to your updates!

20. Teyber

Teyber ******

this should be in the project log section, anyhoo nice work! where abouts in cali are you from?

Tags: