1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project F.O.B. T.C. (FINISHED: 18. jan. 2012)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Nutman, 21 Sep 2011.

1. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

This looks so awesome!!! Bravo buddy you pulled this challenge perfectly!!! BTW you were right so I fixed that and posted some pictures!! :p :)

2. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Thanks for the comment - oh, and I'm glad I could "assist" you ;)

3. Nutman

Part 6 - Final pictures

Alrighty then - it's done!

So, let's get this final update up and runnin'.

I made a video that (hopefully) puts a nice end to this project.

I'll just put the 2 best pictures into this update - here they are:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rest of the high res batch can be downloaded here.

I hope you enjoyed the ride - I'm about to embark upon a new one pweeeeeeddy soon. :dremel:

Stay tuned. ;)

4. quizz_kid

quizz_kid Squid

Oh... Missed this one. Nice work Nutman!! Love the antenna box.

5. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Really nice work buddy and very very nice photos!!!!!! Mod on my friend!!!! :)

6. Nutman

Thanks. Better late than never ;)

I like the antenna box, too - however, it could have been nice to see how good (or bad?) it is at picking up WIFI signals, but that still remains to be seen. ;)

Thanks, my friend. I will mod on and next time I'll try to shoot pics in better light. ;)

7. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Wooow! This is really cool!:eeek: I've never seen a case with carry straps like that, brilliant mod, man!
    I remember I had a military backpack with straps like these.
    I love it:thumb:

8. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

That's really nice! And yes, the carry straps are a very nice touch.

9. amagriva

amagriva Minimodder

All the mod seems centered on that antenna that hm...erects? Problems down there? The ramboesque theme and shooting the case with a Beretta (and show it to us too) seems to suggest it...I also enjoyed the engineering in automating the antenna. You built a box thats almost big as the case: brilliant!

10. Briaireous

Briaireous What's a Dremel?

Cant believe i'm only seeing this now. Very well detailed and great job following through with the theme. Awesome job! :dremel:

11. fr0Zen

fr0Zen back i guess

high res nr.33 is genius:rock::rock::rock:

12. Nutman

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. I've always thought that a frontline PC should be easy to transport, so that's why I did it. However, I have a few military-themed mods that used carrying straps and antennas, but I do blieve I'm the first one to use an automated antenna that also doubles as a WIFI antenna, so I'm quite satisfied by that. ;)

Thanks, man!

LOL, excellent comment! The shooting of the case was just so much FUN, you know? We were a bit worried about those 9 mm bullets bending the side panels, so my gun-owning friend donated a sidepanel from a Thermaltake Armor case - turns out it doesn't quite live up to its name, as the bullet went clean through. ;)
    Oh, and concerning erection problems, my wife read your comment, laughed and shook her head, so I guess I don't have any problems "down there". ;)

Thanks. I DO, however, regret that I didn't start earlier, as it would have been awesome to have added some weathering effects (wear and tear, rust, etc.) to the paintjob.

Thanks. ;) I thought I had to show everyone that the straps actually work, but since I don't own any military uniforms, the best I could do was to dress up like a south state hillbilly who probably would like this case, too. ;)

13. Sn00k3r

Sn00k3r What's a Dremel?

Love the Detailwork here ;) especialy the LC1 Suspenders and the Paracord sleeving..! Nice job done here mate, Thumbs Up!

14. Nutman

Thank you very much. ;)

Waynio likes this.
  15. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:lol: This one skipped my attention :D.

Awesome videos filled with great tips Nutman :D.

When I used metal lacquer I found using a heatgun helped to prevent drips & made it so it could be handled as soon as it cooled down without problems so I'll do the same with paint work from now but won't go expecting to handle as soon but am sure it would speed up the process a good bit :D.

Paracord Cheesecake :rock: I am so converted after looking at a nice range of the stuff :D.

Nice project mate & with real bullet holes :rock::D. 5 stars & rep

Man theres some trolls on this forum bumping awesome & informative projects down on the stars :grr:.

16. Nutman

Thanks, Waynio. Always a pleasure. ;)

I got the "heating up cans" tip from Bill Owen's "Modmen" videos and the "heating up subjects" from a fellow danish casemodder (HardstylerDK), so I thought I'd combine those tips into one video. It certainly helps heating up the cans - the paint flows MUCH better. It's easy to tell the difference from an un-heated and a heated can - just listen to the paint flow as it passes through the nozzle; the un-heated can sounds very un-even, whereas the heated can clearly has a much, much better flow.

However, the nozzle also has a LOT to say - I tried switching nozzles and the angle in which the paint is spreading out varies quite a lot from nozzle to nozzle. So, I'd recommend that you keep nozzles with different characteristics and use those for your specific painting needs.

Paracord is very, very nice, but sadly, it can't be applied to everything... ;/

17. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Great job Mads!

Anymore pics of the finished build? Shots of the system without side panel on?

I love the contrasting color of the shed, for your backdrop

[​IMG]

18. Nutman

Hey Bill

Thanks for the kind words - as usual, one might say... ;)

The guy from modmycase.dk did send me some pics with hardware installed, but they were out of focus and pretty bad, so I chose to not post them. However, let me see if I can dig one or two up....

19. Nutman

Ok, Bill - here are some pics of the system installed. And the lucky winner.
    I think they somehow ruined the theme by plastering that ugly OCTDK.DK logo on the antenna box. And the cable management also isn't done to perfection, but the installer DID have very little time on hs hands, so maybe that's why. Also, I chuckled when I saw how they put the straps on the wrong side, haha.
    And, it doesn't look like they attached the power-wire to the antenna, so it won't be able to work :/ - still, one could argue that since there's no WIFI card in the machine, the antenna is pointless, but I still think it's a cool feature to show off at LANs and such...

Also, I've talked to the lucky winner and apparently he was going to replace the wheels for the standard feet, since the case didn't fit in his cabinet - sigh.... I guess I will have to get better at "letting it go", once I've delivered a finished project, but right now, I just can't help feeling a bit disappointed at what has happened to the project I spent so long time with...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mnpctech likes this.
  20. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Yeah, it can be a weird feeling seeing these changes, after you spent soo much time working on a project. You just have to develop a thick skin :D

Hes a very Lucky Guy!