1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress [Project] :::Flow::: (SNiiPE's V2110) - 22, August - Video, finishing off :)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by SNiiPE_DoGG, 14 Apr 2009.

1. TheGovernator

TheGovernator What's a Dremel?

I must say this: bit-tech is going to get me institutionalized if I don't take precautions.

I mean, awesomeness like this souldn't be placed in one place. It's just dangerous. And the photo skills..... And the equipment....... I don't think I will ever have the funds to get a 1Ds MkIII during any of my 4-5 next lifetimes.

I think I speak not only for myself when I state the following:

PermaFrost fully and wholly earned its place at MDPC. I propose the creation of a new site, the BDPC, where pure win like Flow can be revealed to our planet. Because us poor sods that browse MDPC will soon think that the time when we actually could aspire to have our work posted there is over and will never return.

Seriously. Epic.

Last edited: 23 Aug 2009
  2. Boddaker

Boddaker Still hangin around

Ahhhh, much better! Ok, my work here is done. :D

3. SNiiPE_DoGG

SNiiPE_DoGG Engineering The Extreme

lol - fail stars are fail

its ok, I could really care less about it :)

4. ednismod

ednismod Minimodder

This mod deserves five stars. :thumb:

5. Floyd

Floyd Wire Twister

Your my bro and all so I gave you a one star ;)
    Nice photo skills though.

6. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

That's nice of you :)

7. SNiiPE_DoGG

you not my brother retard, I know your a proud card carrying member of the sniipe_dogg fan club but seriously, keep it in your pants.

8. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

people give you less than five stars because 99% of this mod is CNC/Expensive components. Not a whole lot of "modding"

I still think it's sexy though.

9. SNiiPE_DoGG

definitely didn't cut the granite, make all the wiring/stealthing plates by hand, bond the res, mod the fans or design any of this myself did I? please :rolleyes: try maybe 30% and youve got the number of the portion of this mod accredited to CNC machining.

I didnt maintain a log with detailed work pictures because I didnt have time and I try to maintain a certain level of quality photograph, which requires the studio.

sorry if you dont know the history between floyd and I, but trust me its not a story worth hearing.

10. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I just noticed your avatar SNiiPE - Pike? Which Univ?

11. SNiiPE_DoGG

Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Gamma Tau Chapter :)

12. themcman1

themcman1 is now 110% win

A great finish, amplified by the photography. :thumb:

A question though.

The PCI-E power cables... could you have used a similar method to what you did for the ATX power cable, or would the larger distance from connector -> plate mean that they would have been more difficult to look uniform?

13. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

I'd like to know this too.

14. Floyd

Floyd Wire Twister

I just like bugging you is all.

I called you an idiot and you retaliated tada end of story.
    Dont know why your still butt hurt about it. Guess someone can hold a grudge lol

15. SNiiPE_DoGG

thanks mcman :)

it definitely can be done with the PCIE the same way as the 24-pin, would be difficult but possible. I will do it for all the power wires in my next build, I just chose a different strategy this go around :)

16. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

Honestly not trying to offend. But my opinion is that the hardest part of any mod is the measuring and the cutting and getting perfect angles and such. All of that was done by cnc.

The sleeving is tedious yes but I also believe it's not something to be focused on.

If you want to think that your mod is amazing beyond belief then go for it. Not gonna stop you. I do really like the way it looks.

I guess I'm just oldschool and I just don't like the fact that so many modders are "dropping the dremel"

and p.s. I've designed 6 or 7 mods on sketchup that would be awesome if I sent them out but I just never feel it would be right.

If you send it out it's not a mod. It's a reproduction.

17. Floyd

Floyd Wire Twister

I agree Fozzy.

18. SNiiPE_DoGG

@ Floyd: When was the last time you did anything innovative or made anything significant on your own? yeah thats what I thought

@ Fozzy, I suppose it would be better if I mode stuff on my own CNC mill then eh? instead of paying to use one at a shop?

funny because I am getting my own cnc router in the winter... there is no difference between using someone elses and your own so I dont really get why you think there is. if you think anyone is capable of cutting the designs I use to the precision I use by hand than please show me, if I did it by hand the mod would just be boring.

19. Boddaker

Boddaker Still hangin around

Personally, I don't see any difference between dremeling out a design by hand, or drawing it out "by hand" in a cad program. You are still creating something original and unique either way. And it wouldn't be a reproduction unless you produce more than one.

My .02 :)

20. TheGovernator

TheGovernator What's a Dremel?

I probably shouldn't make a statement, especially since I'm not an accomplished modder, but I have to agree with Boddaker. As far as I understand modding is about creating something original. There is no limitation as to what tools are used, and it should matter even less who owns them.

I mean, it's like saying that sending case parts to powdercoat them is not modding whereas doing the powdercoating yourself is, despite the fact that very few people have the money, tools and skill to powdercoat anything.