1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress [Project] :::Flow::: (SNiiPE's V2110) - 22, August - Video, finishing off :)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by SNiiPE_DoGG, 14 Apr 2009.

1. Floyd

Floyd Wire Twister

Haha my PSU in my PC is more modded than the PSU in your Flow project. I hand soldered all the wires in the PSU, you just sleeved yours and then added extensions. Dont even get me started on my water cooled HTPC. It has more mod time than your whole project with me fitting a 240 rad in a Qpack case. That and the other many mods that I havent flashed around on the internet.

2. SNiiPE_DoGG

SNiiPE_DoGG Engineering The Extreme

lol floyd, you must be hella ****ing slow if it took you more time to do that weak **** putting a 240 rad in a crappy case than it took me to make flow :lol:

3. SNiiPE_DoGG

4. Floyd

Floyd Wire Twister

Who said how long it took me to put it in there? And what does mod time have to do with modding?

5. BuissonVert

BuissonVert What's a Dremel?

(Lol.)

(Yes, I registered just to say this - human stupidity never stops astonishing me)
    (Needless to say, I probably won't ever come to this thread again, so no need to waste your precious time insulting me)

(and, nice work, Sniipe)

Last edited: 27 Aug 2009
    Bad_cancer and Cookie Monster like this.
  6. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

Well I'm going to exit this thread with one last post.

Regardless of anyone's opinion on CNC v.s. handcrafted I think that you're kind of acting like a duesch Snipe_DoGG. I really don't care how good a mod is, if you're going to be an ass to people then I'd just prefer to not look at your worklog. peace.

edit: This guy puts machining to shame

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=134230&highlight=Tribal+overkill

7. SNiiPE_DoGG

Like I have said before, my hostility towards floyd has nothing to do with you or anyone else here on bit. It extends beyond this forum and I will ream him for being a snyde bitch to me in my own work log.

dont confuse my dislike for him with dislike for you or any other.

8. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Fantastic first post!

I really don't think it matters who did what to what, the thing is that they are doing it (God I sound like a tree hugger). I'm my book if you cut a hole in a case then fit a fan and grill you have modified it (yes I do realise not modified to the extent of some)

So it doesn't matter how heavily you change your PC, how much you overclock it or how cold you get your CPU because someone isn't going to like it. Hell I thought Orac was too cluttered inside with all the hose going everywhere, but it doesn't take anything away from the fact its an amazing piece of work.

You both may have a history but there's no reason to come on here and crap in the lad's thread.

Back to the topic though, love the case (I may even steal the idea for putting the PSU wires through the mobo tray), congrats on the feature on casemodblog.com

9. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

SNiiPE, just saying this, I think your mod is amazing, you have done a very good job with the tools you have at your disposal and the degree of perfection and care you put into this project is astonishing. Congratz on the feature on Bills site, I have one to :D.

With that said I do agree with some of the principals Fozzy stated. Yes a CNC machine will make perfect pieces of work and yes some people think it's kinda like cutting corners (I do when I see awesome work like this lol, makes me jealous hahaha) but what they don't realize is how much time it takes to write up the code for the CNC run, generally takes much longer than it would to make the part by hand. Personally I get a buzz from seeing a perfectly handcrafted piece, that's why I love Tribal's work, that said, I also get the same buzz from seeing a beautifully machined piece (like yours). Handcrafting and CNC work are each very different skills and deliver different results. I believe you chose the right method for this mod. You were under time constraints so cutting all the pieces by hand would have been torture plus you would have to worry about accuracy of your hand cut pieces. You went about this mod the right way, you finished your mod within your time constraints and got a stunning result, don't let anyone lead you to believe any different, although everyone is entitled to their opinions. I guess what I am trying to say is that I believe different methods are suited to different situations and you chose the best method for your situation :D.

I really want you to know that I am not having a stab at your work, no way in a million years would I be able to recreate the awesomeness of this build and I respect you as a modder because of it. This is just my 2c.

Bad_cancer likes this.
  10. Bad_cancer

Bad_cancer Mauritius? 2nd speck east of africa

Totally agree with you and with bodakker. Im not going to add anything cause you said it all.

I still think that a worklog is not a place to fight.

I don't know what your problems are and seriously i don't really want to know. Comeon guys everyone has his own opinion and you are only cluttering up the thread with futile fighting and silly words.

Snipe your work is awesome, if somebody doesn't like it then they should say so politely.
    If you need to be a douche when disagreeing with someone's point of view, D'ONT POST.

end rant.

11. Floyd

Floyd Wire Twister

By "mod time" in my first post I meant its been modded more, or spent more time under a dremel. Not really in a time form though. Sorry if some of you took that the wrong way.

12. SNiiPE_DoGG

I would love it if there was no more bickering in this thread ;) I have put floyd on ignore and he wont be acknowledged or responded to here anymore.

Put the system up in the TPU case mod gallery :dremel: I love the function and system this uses :thumb:

http://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/2315.html

13. TheGovernator

TheGovernator What's a Dremel?

Man. It's not just the case or the design. The photography is just awesome. I think you do Flow justice here.

Anything less is, well, less.

Cheers on a job well done!

14. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Hey SNiiPE_DoGG check you PMs:D

15. themcman1

themcman1 is now 110% win

Readers drives? :eyebrow:

16. SNiiPE_DoGG

17. ry@n

ry@n Minimodder

The video is looking really good, still can't get over the awesomeness of that res :D

18. Mach

Mach What's a Dremel?

Awesome, awesome mod! Love the video also. Any advice for shooting and editing final mod videos?

19. Bad_cancer

Bad_cancer Mauritius? 2nd speck east of africa

Just checked the video, does it really make that water noise and that loud? if so thats really cool.
    Might be a weapon against Lan opponents. Making them run for the WC!

20. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

I was trying to find some words to express myself but..... damn!!!! Thats UBER SEXY man!!!!
    Holy Maoly brother!!!!