1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress [Project] :::Flow::: (SNiiPE's V2110) - 22, August - Video, finishing off :)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by SNiiPE_DoGG, 14 Apr 2009.

1. Floyd

Floyd Wire Twister

Haha told you the mods on that site a wacko.

Sniipe are you going to show me what you are doing with your wiring?

2. SNiiPE_DoGG

SNiiPE_DoGG Engineering The Extreme

very humbling remark Sni9er, thanks very much :thumb:

it will all become apparent in due time, I spend about 4 hours last night dealing with wiring and crimping pins on wires :duh::lol: the wire management is made and ready, I just need to finish the PSU :)

3. Floyd

Floyd Wire Twister

Ok, I was just wondering how your blue wires were coming. I have all my modular cables done up in red so far. I just have to do the few hardwired connections that are on the HX1000W.

The only thing I didnt like about your wire is that the text is very clear and visable. My red wire still has the labeling but its faint and barely visable.

4. skullen

skullen Minimodder

Nice one SNiiPE-DoGG,very nice :thumb:

5. SNiiPE_DoGG

thanks Skullen

@Floyd - part of that very visible text is the strobes I use for shooting + the 22mpixel camera and the sharpening added in lightroom post processing - in real life the wires just look straight blue unless you have bright direct light on them where you can see the grey/silver text.

6. Floyd

Floyd Wire Twister

Oh ok. Like I said I only have like what, 2 pics to see what you are doing with them?

7. Teknokid

Teknokid Minimodder

wow stunning build and stunning photography.

*subscribed*

8. SNiiPE_DoGG

K guys, currently I am up in Maine sailing but I dropped the parts off for powder coat on friday. The accents will be done in candy blue (chrome powder + candy blue clear coat) and the exterior and all other parts done in black chrome :D.

Painted parts will be done next Friday and this week will be all about the PSU and wiring + mods that don't concern the exterior shell of the case like the granite floor, res testing, and radiator setup

9. DonT-FeaR

DonT-FeaR I know what a fk'n Dremel is ok.:D

amazing

10. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Now that is one of the best side panel designs I have ever seen, very cool mate.

11. chumbucket843

chumbucket843 What's a Dremel?

were you fighting with zucker b/c thats what it said on XS in forum talk. they need to focus on banning the real a-holes. your photography skills are awesome

12. Thatguy119

Thatguy119 Minimodder

Oh fight, point me towards it. Saw the thread on xs, but did not see what happened, can you enlighten us?

Last edited: 20 Jul 2009
  13. Floyd

Floyd Wire Twister

I got banned from XS for posting a PM in a forum. Great mods over there...
    Any updates sniipe? I still want to see those cables!

14. SNiiPE_DoGG

Just arguing in xtreme News, apparently there is a "crackdown" going on in the news section - by crackdown they mean "we ban dedicated long time members for telling people who dont know what they are talking about to shut up" :lol:

I have all the cables to the PSU sleeved (even though the sleeved cables will be invisible/hidden) and I will have pics of that tonight along with radiator/fan pictures and maybe Blu ray drive pictures.

The 24-pin visible wiring will commence tonight and those pics should either be up tonight or tomorrow night - sorry to make you wait but its going to be tough to do it right.

Last edited: 21 Jul 2009
  15. SNiiPE_DoGG

So I got an email from Lamptron today that my Fan controller is finished and about to ship! here are pictures from My contact at Lamptron :clap::clap:

[​IMG]

This design is based on the Lamptron FC3 fan controller which can be found at many fine retailers:
    http://www.lamptron.com/product.php?p_id=58

The funny thing about this is I made two designs, the first was originally deemed un-manufacturable, but they have got some really Smart engineers and machinists over at Lamptron and they pulled off BOTH faceplate designs!

This is just one example of the extremely high quality milling and manufacturing coming out of Lamptron - Definitely give them a look for your next fan controller :yepp:

Design 1:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Design 2:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seriously I cannot thank Lamptron enough for their receptiveness, great communication and most of all the High Quality Custom parts they made for me! :D:D:D

Last edited: 22 Jul 2009
  16. Sheldog23

Sheldog23 What's a Dremel?

Those are freakin sweet! I really like the second one a lot!

17. SNiiPE_DoGG

PSU Pics: dont mind the cluttered look, I have about 800 P-clips of various sizes to make these wires straight as a ruler and very very hidden :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

PSU looks great. I love the black sleeving with the blue heat shrink and the blue fan. Both fan controllers also look great, very unique and awesome designes on their fascia.

19. SNiiPE_DoGG

Update:

[​IMG]

Hank Baron of Performance PCs was kind enough to sponsor me with this lovely Black Ice GTX 420 radiator; Following is the Unboxing and pictures of this masterful work of a radiator, it may have tight fin spacing but it sure does make the jaw drop.

The Box, nice to see something other than plain old cardboard on the outside
    [​IMG]

The Radiator Arrived in pristine condition, not a bent fin in sight with all accessories included
    [​IMG]

:eek:
    [​IMG]

The included BP fatboy 1/2" barbs installed :D
    [​IMG]

The first fan with its extended wire and counter bored screw holes - I did all six fans on the drill press tonight and the wire extensions for all the fans should be done tomorrow ;) so I will have pics of them all installed.

[​IMG]

20. Bad_cancer

Bad_cancer Mauritius? 2nd speck east of africa

those fan controllers are swheeeeeeet!!!!

Awesome enermax mod there too! Looks better than stock!

Is it me or is everything in ur case friggin huge? 420Rad :jawdrop: and that huge res too!