1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Foolish

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Foolio882, 5 Nov 2003.

1. Foolio882

Foolio882 What's a Dremel?

I couldn't think of a name, so if you have one, lemme know, Foolish will do for now :)

Anyways:
    Last night I decided to switch from my boring old Red Maxtop case into my Blue Maxtop case. This case has a black chassis and Blue side panels, with a boring Round window on the side. Some pictures:

[​IMG]
    An overall view
    [​IMG]
    Looking in the window
    (Sorry about the quality, I didn't want to take it out to my normal picture spot, so I kinda screwed up)
    Heres what I definately plan to do to it, in no particular order....
    • Clean up that wiring!
    • Add in 2 Blue Cold Cathodes
    • Add fans to where the fan holes already are
    • Stealth both CDRoms
    • Install and stealth floppy
    • Build/Buy a BayBus
    • Recut the side window
    • Redo all the current paint
    • Paint the PSU
    • ┬┐Watercool? (If I get the money)

There is probably a whole bunch of things I forgot, but I'll add them when I think of them. Any comments, suggestions, ideas, or criticisms welcome!

I think today I'm going to install the cold cathodes and install the floppy. Maybe if I have time I can stealth the CDRoms, if not the floppy. :)

Here is a running tally of all my updates.....
    1. Update #1: 11/05/03 Cold Cathodes
    2. Update #2: 11/06/03 Trip to the store

Last edited: 7 Nov 2003
  2. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

Boring is different. It all depends on whatever YOU want. Besides that, I would clean up the wiring first, and then install the cathodes :)

3. Foolio882

RAMeLaiR: I was thinking about doing that, but I won't for a few reasons.
    1) I want to get everything that will be using wires, well, wired before I start cleaning, hiding, and snipping wires, it justs makes it easier on me.
    2) Depending on my window design, I might want to use different places to hide wires
    3) When I have to take everything apart to paint it, I dont wanna have to redo all my hard work with the wiring. :D

And finally, I want to use shirnk wrap, Split loom, and electrical tape on the wires, of which I have NONE! :)

4. Hallq16

Hallq16 What's a Dremel?

I really like shape of the window, keep up the good work :)

5. Foolio882

That's the old window, and I hate it. I'm gonna recut it. Round is boring :p

6. Foolio882

Update #1: 11/05/03

Here is a very small update. I got the Cold Cathodes installed and I mounted the switch in the lower 3.5" Bay. The switch is a little off center so I think I'll redo it tomorrow when I have daylight (This sunset at 5:30 stuff has to go!)
    On with the pics!

[​IMG]
    This is the switch installed, I think it'll look better oriented vertically, so once I redo the hole to center it I'll put it in turned 90 Degrees.
    [​IMG]
    Heres a picture with the Cold Cathodes on and the lights in the room off. You can see how much work the case needs here.

Tomorrow is fixing the switch, then installing fans in all the holes that are just empty right now.

Last edited: 5 Nov 2003
  7. Foolio882

Update #2 11/06/03

I was busy today, so I didn't have time to do any work, but a quick trip by home depot got me....

[​IMG]

That's a can of dark grey primer (For painting the chassis black,) A can of light grey primer (for the blue pieces,) and 2 bags of 40 4"(102MM) Zip Ties for some wire management. I looked for some shrink wrap, but they only had small pieces in small quantities at high prices. I'll stop by radio shack sometime and grab some decent Heat Shrink this weekend.