1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Frodo's Wavemaster

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by frodo, 25 Dec 2005.

1. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

hello all

and welcome to my 3rd running project (triathalon maybe?)

i havent been updating adamantium and server due to the fact ive been busy with real life commitments (or lack of real life commitments)

im starting another project to go alongside server + adamantium

the name for this is totally unknown, give me some suggestions (adamantium2 is tempting)

the case for this project is a silver Wavemaster

the plans... you shall see as i progress, but heres a guideline for what will be happening:

colour change
    shiny stuff
    mad loop.......................s
    lots of acrylic...
    lots of modding

so onto the story

it was a warm sunny day, the sun glistened down on the alp's like nothing before....

wrong story...

i was talking to nyzrox - when he said he needed a new case, i promptly offered to buy his wavemaster off of him

after some deal making we said £40, after 2 weeks i finally managed to get the cash to him (thanks for understanding nyzrox) and then, yesterday (christmas eve) i woke up after some well earned sleep, to find a wavemaster sitting on my bedroom floor

i quickly opened the box to find out the real buety that is the wavemaster!

the build quality is absolutely STUNNING - its sooo sturdy and well made, even after nyzrox's butchering (no offence to nyzrox)

i had a look around the case, and it hit me that it was in relatively bad shape, but it was safe in the area's it needed to be :p which is the most important part isnt it!

so here some some pic's of the case as it arrived

[​IMG]

^ teh buetiful!!!

[​IMG]

^ mmmmmm its soo nice! i can see why people love them

[​IMG]

^ i love the sleek look of it with the door closed

[​IMG]

^ sleek....

[​IMG]

^ FINALLY a removable motherboard tray... adn another bonus a removable psu plate! sexy!

[​IMG]

^ damn strong motherboard tray - notice the notch missing cause of nyzrox - will be cleaned up at a later date

[​IMG]

^ the butchered internals

[​IMG]

^ alot of work needed here - no problem for teh freddeh man!

[​IMG]

^ seriously mentally butchered front end

[​IMG]

^ where nyzrox finished the cutting... ill have to finish it

[​IMG]

^ out of boredom i sent a pic to stuu (sc4mpi) and he started to draw some stupid wacky stuff all over it... yeah, its funneh :p you may see more of afro man in the later plans...

so the plans for today - christmas - heck its 1:30 in the morning - is to goto grandparents after doing some work on the case... then ermmm, get back, do some more work on teh case

plan is to get it all ready and sexeh so i can start painting it :p woooooohooooooo

ohh yeah

and polishing begins tomorrow :p go me!

cutty cutty cutty cutty cutty

ok im bored as fook!

2. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

Project: Frodo's Wavemaster Discussion

hellloooo alll

comments in here if you could be kind enough!

**look at my sig for a link you lazy ..... i will restrain from saying anything rude**

3. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

"yo homie whats up" XD ill do a proper plan for you in a couple of days,

4. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

good man, i appreciate your help :p

5. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

As you well know - looking forward to this ;)

6. Arkuden

Arkuden mow?

oh noes!!!! theres a shark in your bix3!!! runzors!

j/k Im looking forward to this as well.

7. skeletor

skeletor modder in the making.

lol you like to stay busy don't you :clap:

8. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

i work best when ive got more things to do! it means when i get a bit bored painting i can do some polishing and vice versa, plus its more of a challange... i like a challange...

9. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

ummh.. I hope I won't piss you off this time as badly as I did last time I posted something in your log-discuss ;)

It's too early to give any comment to the project itself, but I think your way of modding is weirdo! I dunno how one can have three projects running at the same time :F Or then I'm just too lazy and poor to do several projects simultaneously :D

10. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

ermmm

i dont mind you saying that at all

im unorganised

im un-determined

im a crap modder

but i still do it because it keeps me happy and stops me thinking about how crap my life is, when i start to feel down due to the fact i have no life, i just goto the garage, and do some manual labour....

im not rich, i have to save up for all of the crap i buy, which normally takes ages, and you'll see in my next update why i am slightly pissed off today... you'll see why.....

well... merry festive day to you.... i hope you all got something you wanted... i for one know i did not.... ohh how i hate christmas and all things that make me stand back and look at how crap my life really is.....

good day, good bye, and i love you all....

11. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

ok

so its christmas

woohooo go crappy christmas

another time of year for me to stand back and realise how crap my life truely is... go christmas! for it has made my day... bollocks

ok, so yeah, its christmas, what better time to spend half the day modding...

ok, so onto the story

i wake up at 10:30, get some clothes on, get on my bike which mysteriously starts 2nd kick and runs relatively well (bar the fact i cant get into 4th due to the fact i dont have a big enough main jet, therefore it cannot get enough fuel in to run full throttle, therefore meaning i can only go 35 bloody miles per year)
    i get to my grandparents slightly more awake (it was kind of cold riding 4 miles in the mornign when youve just woken up!) and sit around most of the day talking about crap and stuff

so i decide to leave after some munch, hopped on my bike for a festively shite ride home, on the way home i managed to lose my tax disk (along with the £15 holder for it) therefore pishing me off even more....

but when i got home, i sat down, in my nice comfy chair... relaxed for a bit, talked to the good man sc4mpi on skype, and then decided to start modding

first up, the motherboard tray.... woohooo

it was in a bit of a state from nyzrox as he hacked part of the corner off, but in a very un-tidy fashion

[​IMG]

^ nyzrox's haxor of it - it didnt look neat enough for me, nothing in my eyes is neat until ive had a go at it...

[​IMG]

^ a different angle to show how i went to cut it - i started the cut with a dremel.... but now listen to how my bad christmas got worse... the damn fake crappy dremel clone bloody broke, like the first one, the crappy plastic gearbox's just rip to shreds after a bit, so there goes some more of my bloody christmas money down the bloody pan just because i chose to buy a cheap imitation... ffs - notice, the dremel broke on the lower, longer cut, therefore i had to do the rest by hand...whooop!

[​IMG]

^ so i decided to get out the trusty saw.... its never let me down, i dont think ive ever changed blade on it (neither has my dad, i use it now though, its about 10 years old)

[​IMG]

^ using the blade got me here, of course that just looks silly now...

[​IMG]

^ so using my trusty file that ive had for a while now, i decided to attack it....

[​IMG]

^ after a few minutes of rampaging attacking, i got a nice clean curve.... damn i miss multi-tools, i need a dremel, i can work so much faster...

[​IMG]

^ another angle - i by far prefer the way it looks now, it flows alot better, pretty weird that i bothered to do it as it will never be seen :S

[​IMG]

^ onto my favourite part - polishing the billit case piece - i love this damn friggin' thing! i absolutely LOVE it, it makes the case stand out, so basically, the whole case is going British Racing Green, but i thought as a whole if the WHOLE case was BRG it would look a bit odd, so ive decided to liven it up a bit im going to polish the front parts up (not the big parts - such as the door and the lower section) but all of the supporting stuff - like the top brace and the centrepiece

[​IMG]

^ in my vice after i attacked it a bit, i was soooo bored that i decided i couldnt wait to get it shotblasted and just sat there with a piece of sandpaper... it tooka' da' pissa! i now understand why leeum and others say you should just shotblast it to get rid of the anodizing, it is a pain in the arse!

[​IMG]

^ using my magical skills at wet sanding i attacked it with 600 grit - VERY bad move on my behalf, i ended up just scrapping it and attacking it with 80 grit, which worked alot better

the result you see below is after an attack of 120 grit, its getting there

[​IMG]

^ when the shops open again im going to go get a new dremel, and a range of sandpaper, seeing as i only currently have paper in the forms of 60/80/120/400/600 and i really need some more in general, plus 2000 grit would be lurvely

might also invest in a polisher, depends what mood im in....

so, basically, today was kind of a nightmare, but i got some work done so i dont care!

tomorrow i plan on doing alot more, also need to start planning the window, and need to finalise the plans for the insides....

12. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

:eek: So I'm not the only one who keeps his head together via modding. That's good to hear...

13. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

ok, so i guess i best start this update.....

well i wasnt tired last night (about 12) and was talking to sc4mpi on skype after the first modding session, so i got a bit bored and went to the garage to do some work, main aim was to finish atleast one of the drivecages....

soooo heres the update

[​IMG]

^ the bottom of the case - i need to do a HELLUVA lot of work on this

[​IMG]

^ Rivets be gone!!! thats what happens when you get in the way of the freddeh when hes pished!

[​IMG]

^ the offendingly damaged drivebays - they didnt know what was comin' to em!

[​IMG]

^ bottom plate awaiting its well needed redo

[​IMG]

^ the next offender on my list - the goddam fugly mofo that is the psu bracket, in nearly every mod ive seen, ive never seen the case without it, i bloody hate it, its big, its clumsy and it just doesnt flow! so out it must go!

[​IMG]

^ i got carried away :p

[​IMG]

^ de-riviting a bit

[​IMG]

^ :O where'd that go!

[​IMG]

^ never leave a pished freddeh with a drill for too long.... may result in totally stripped wavemasters

[​IMG]

^ i was in a very weird mood last night and had to listen to some badly drawn boy, but it didnt stop me being hyper and dancing and singing around while working...

[​IMG]

^ freddeh with hax0r Vs psu plate - you know who won!

[​IMG]

^ freddeh 1 - psu plate 0

[​IMG]

^ guess where im going with this

14. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

^ PWN'D!

[​IMG]

^ freddeh 3 - psu plate 0

[​IMG]

^ after i attacked it with the file and some sandpaper the edges looked like they were meant to be like that - perfick!

[​IMG]

^ didnt do much work on this corner, but did some...

[​IMG]

^ b-e-a-utiful

[​IMG]

^ mounted back in the case, now you see why i did it, it flows much better

[​IMG]

^ with a psu in there it wont be seen at all :p

[​IMG]

^ the next offender - o' how they were damaged.... poor things

[​IMG]

^ I HAVE NO MERCY!!!!! murdered the drivebay!

[​IMG]

^ first part of the cut cleaned up...

[​IMG]

^ jagged edge....

[​IMG]

^ while i was dancing and singing too....

[​IMG]

^ finito!

[​IMG]

^ have that mr coolermaster!

[​IMG]

^ mmmmm corner!

[​IMG]

^ the next item on my list for later today....

15. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

^ where the rad will be - its damn close

[​IMG]

^ see

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

^ theres not much clearance between the mobo and radiator

[​IMG]

^ due to this i may have to sell my dfi nf4 ultra and get a dfi nf4 sli-dr expert - due to the fact it uses the top slot for the gfx

[​IMG]

^ if i have the gfx in the 3rd slot from the top (dfi nf4 ultra) it means the block will nearly touch the rad and fan assembly

[​IMG]

^ another angle to show the clearance

[​IMG]

^ great song....

well thats todays update bout finished (finally)

im bored, tired and sc4mpi is nagging me to play some soldiers heroes of ww2 online... cya people round!

16. Arkuden

Arkuden mow?

nice update, you made lots of progress.

sorry bout your dremel clone. I got a clone last year and it took a dump on me too so i saved up from work and got the new model that came out later. More than I wanted to spend but hey beats the hack saw in getting things done a little faster

17. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

Yeah im stuck using a goddamn hacksaw and file!, which means that everything is going to take 3x longer to do!

but actually, last night, it only took me about 5 seconds per cut on the cage, which was weird, because with the dremel normally to cut that sort of thing it would take a minute or 2, then again, i was going bloody mental with the hacksaw

18. FanatiK

FanatiK What's a Dremel?

Good luck with this frodo. I love the attention to detail so far. You have a lot of time to tackle 3 projects.

19. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

i actually dont have that much time

when college starts again i have about 7 hours a day (sounds like alot - but when doing alot of planning it isnt) when i get bored working on the wavemaster i do some work on the cheiftec, and vice versa.

i dont really call it attention to detail, im a natural born perfectionist, if it takes longer to do it properly, well i guess it will have to take longer, shortcuts are great, but only if they dont affect the final product.

20. Klekkus

Klekkus What's a Dremel?

Looks great :thumb:

What about polishing the whole case with autosol? Nice work with the radiator :)