1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: FullMetalBox (FMB) UPDATE: 6/19/06: Window Complete

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by HapeMask, 31 Jan 2006.

1. HapeMask

HapeMask New Member

I might not be updating for a bit this week as my 7800gt is arriving tomorrow :D and it might be difficult to tear myself away from it (and homework) to work on the big window, but if I can I'll at least start.

Last edited: 20 Jun 2006
  2. HapeMask

HapeMask New Member

Back from the dead! (along with this project), and exactly 4 months after the last post too. Sometime between my last post and today I finished the etching of the window, now all I have to do is wait for my blue CCFL to arrive and the design should pop right out. (I ditched the white LEDs because they weren't doing a good job of ighting at all, but they'll be used somewhere else, as well they should since I got a bag of 50 :)

Full View. You can see how feeble the light from the 9 white LEDs truly is, even running at a fairly high current (unless I screwed up the circuit, which is altogether possible.)
    [​IMG]

Side View, shows some more detail.
    [​IMG]

3. scifi3018

scifi3018 Member

nice etching, what else do you have planned for the case?

4. HapeMask

HapeMask New Member

I'm going to replace the 3.5in drivebay covers again, and this time I'm going to just put the etched small plexi bit on the front, gonna make the red glowy room somewhere else, a friend gave me the crazy idea of taking some thermite to the side panel for some sweet burn marks, but I'd like to be able to remove most of what I do :D Also might sculpt something out of sculpy perhaps.

5. Caliber Mengsk

Caliber Mengsk New Member

The case itself may look better if you were to give it a mirror finish instead of the brushed aluminum look. There are a few sites that tell you how to do it, but it takes a lot of effort to do, but it is really nice. O-o takes a lot of coats of paint(metalic) and clearcoat, as well as at least a month to do (to let everything cure correctly.)

The frosted glass does look nice, though, I have found that online you can get frosted glass vinyl now... (I am cutting out a 14in model of the FMA Human Transmutation Circle right now) so you don't have to perminatly make your case glass that way... But meh, you already have a design done on it, so.... Anyway, it's lookin good.

6. Heero195

Heero195 New Member

I don't know about doing the entire case in a mirror finish. But a mirror inside the case along the bottom would be pretty sweet.

7. Muon

Muon New Member

FMA is awesome, but i think it would be stellar if you showed a transmutation circle (like the one they used in the beginning) with blood on it somewhere (like paint the circle on the drive bays, then put blood-spatter looking stuff on it) so it was like, a reminder of the mis-use :D