1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Fury (Finished - Re-mods to start ASAP)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by blackflag, 20 Jun 2004.

1. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

I've decided to mod a brand new Lian Li PC-V1000B. It will be water cooled, have a laser cut window with a very involved etching, painted interior, UV, all color coordinated, yaddi yaddi yadda....

Here's a couple pics to whet your appetites....

This is what it looked like before I began:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is how it ended up after MANY rivets were drilled out (Lian Li got a little happy with the rivets on the V1000...):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After I dried my tears :waah:, I began to paint!!

[​IMG]

Here's a pic of me removing the hard drive mounting rails so they can be vinyl dyed. The color scheme of this mod will be black/red and as much as I can stick to this, the happier I will be.

[​IMG]

After I slapped 2 or 3 coats of red automotive paint on the case internals and PSU, I decided that I *hated* how it looked. After a lot of paint stripping, I'm back to silver. I have some metallic *ruby red* paint being shipped to me as we speak, so I should be ready to paint again midweek.

I'll keep you posted!

Last edited: 1 Jan 2006
  2. chrono

chrono What's a Dremel?

Looks sweet so far! Be sure to keep us posted and keep modding! :rock:

3. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

Give me that case quick before you spoil it!

:lol: j/k good luck with the project, keep us posted as always!

4. alonso_bistro

alonso_bistro I'm just looking

[​IMG]

imagine how it could be cool for a plexi case.. :D

good luck for your work.

5. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

good to finally see someone modding one of these
    i really like these cases, neeeeeeed one :D

6. czechmodder

czechmodder What's a Dremel?

thats the first time ive seen that case, and for a second i thought it was someone elses finished mod(they were doing the duct on the bottom). man that case is beautiful. i wish you the best of luck in this mod and i hope it accentuates lian-li's already great design.

7. Superlunchbox

Superlunchbox What's a Dremel?

Subscribed, Looks really interesting. I'm going to mod one of these myself, so let me know how they are to work with.

8. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Oooohh.. I like it already. I won't subscribe as the notices would get eaten by my mail filters :sigh: but I'll check back in all the time :D

Do you like the case on it's own so far? I was kinda thinking about getting one of the v2000's. And how does the stealther thing get mounted in that case (since you don't have access to the front side of the bezels)? Just screwed in from the back or something?

There had better be red light (or whatever..you mentioned red) coming out of every single one of those holes when you're done!

9. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

I like that layout of that case a lot. The extra drive space is very cool :D.
    TBH, I still prefer the "classic" Lian-Li look (PC-60, PC-75, etc) ;).

Black interior sounds like a great start, make sure you do a good job though....wouldn't want to ruin that purdy case :lol:.

So what kind of etch is going on the window?

10. Spy246

Spy246 What's a Dremel?

Does that lian li case come with a slideout motherboard tray. My lian li does and I was wondering if that one did.

11. ErrOnReq

ErrOnReq What's a Dremel?

Sadly no it doesn't :-(

12. toss

toss What's a Dremel?

Nice case man im thinking of modding the 65b lian li putting black mesh up the whole front lol

13. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 What's a Dremel?

14. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Speaking of internals... what's the deal with the power button? I know the few reviews I found of the case all said it was mislabelled as reset. Maybe LL is telling us to use your mobo's power management features to let you smack the keyboard and turn it on (a nice feature) and not have to find a pen to push a tiny reset button! lol.... anyways is that true on yours as well?

You do plan to cut out the fan area on the back right? That with the downwards muffler whatsit practically defeats the purpose of having the fan in the first place!

And how does this thing compare to a PC60 (or equivalent) for size?

15. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

My power cable is labeled as "POWER SW" so Lian Li must have gotten it straight by the time I got my case. Yes, I will be cutting that 120mm vent in the back because that's where my radiator will be going. I have a Black Ice Xtreme that I will be using. I will be drilling 2 holes for the barbs to run through.

As for the size, it's roughly the same. It sits a little higher because of the wheels on the bottom, but otherwise, it's pretty close.

16. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

cool mate, I knew someone would just in a matter of time with these new lian li cases.

17. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

more pics! :dremel:

18. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

I love your ideas with this case. I would love to sell my Yeong Yang cube and get one of these puppies too.

On a side note, you seem to have a lot of techy kit layin around. I saw an antec/cheiftec case in there and a rackmount setup hiding in the background. got any pics of your other stuff? im just a lil curious.

19. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

Sure, go to www.fury-pc.com/mods/index.html . All my stuff is there. :D

20. Madyeti

Madyeti Supermodder & sig shrinking victim

I loved your matrimony case! I'm going to be watching this log with interest...there may be a PC-V1000 in my future :D