1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: "G5 Retaliation" March 19th. Alive and kicking! Happy days!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Angel OD, 18 Sep 2007.

1. Cyprio

Cyprio G5 Supermodder

To be honest Angel AppleCore pretty much bankrupted me and took up all my spare time. Im finally getting back into photography and have little time (or space) for more modding right now. That's not to say i wont be back at some point though... just need to find a project that's worth it. :)

Cant wait to see your final case. The way your window attaches is much more sophisticated than mine and the waterblock is pure genius!

Cyp.

2. headala

headala What's a Dremel?

It looks unbelievable; have you thought about cross-drilling the block in places where it won't affect chip contact or internal channels? It could reduce the weight a lot.

3. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Cyp <-- I believe you... It sure looks like there's a lot of money and time put into that thing... You never imagine how much blood, sweat and tears it will cost you to create the case that you want! :)

headala <-- It only weighs about 400 gram so It's no problem! :thumb:

And... I left you a long time ago, with the view of the window. A bit of water has run under the bridge since then, and I've got a bit further.

Some of the pics might be on my other computer, but you will have to wait for those, as I've been lured in to the demonic arms of the flu... Hence I don't feel like crawling on the floor and changing cables right now...

But, the progress so far: Ask if you wish to know anything, I'm just gonna throw in pics for now... My bed's calling for me...

Usb cables sleeved:
    [​IMG]

Ye olde livingroom while modding:

[​IMG]

Traded my E6420 for this Q6700, and just had to lap it:

[​IMG]

Aluminum blocks:

[​IMG]

With the GFX block:

[​IMG]

In progress:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Assembled, side open, power off, no flash:

[​IMG]

Assembled, side open, power off, flash on:

[​IMG]

Power on, no flash:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got a couple of ideas still to come, but time will tell if I ever get well again.. :p

Hope you like it guys! :thumb:

Last edited: 8 Oct 2011
  4. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

In that last shot... will you you add more LED to the MB blocks?

Looks awesome by the way.

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Curse you and your mirror floor. I got really confuddled and thought that there were two full size PC's in that there G5. :lol:

7. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Yeah, I had to pick up the monitor and turn it a few times to figure out what the things floating over the motherboard were.:hehe:

The LEDs behind the curved block covers worked well.:thumb:

-Get well soon. I want to see a mirrored motherboard cover.

8. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Man, that's really slick Angel. The LED's really work well, especially that color and the type of metal used for the blocks. It really works. I'm curious what your temps are like! :D

Get well soon, mate.

9. Mino

Mino Ganzerli Mino

The mirror effects turn me crazy :)
    Anyway, the leds under the blocks looks incredible, the "wow effect" is incredible!
    We're hoping that your flu go to the hell in less than a second, we would like to see this nice project completed :)

10. Addie

Addie What's a Dremel?

Spent the last few days slowly going through this log and I have to say it's totally awesome those blocks are very wow!

11. Spyrious

Spyrious Modding all the Time

Incredible.I was looking at the pics and i realized just now that the mobo is mirroring.First i thought you had 2 mobos.

12. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

beautiful!! makes me wish i had aces to more tools

13. ModMinded

ModMinded Are you throwing that away?

Man...

Oh Man...

You made that?
    :thumb: Eh! :thumb: (that was my Fonz impression) :lol:
    Seriously, Angel OD, I think that looks (can't think of a superlative good enough)! :D
    From the blocks to the mirror floor, to the H20 and LEDs, and the tubing mgmt... oh yeah, and the rez with the little bubbly brain inside! :clap::clap::clap: I think I missed the update on the tubing mgmt, got any closeups handy?

Know you will feel better, and you will! I look forward to the final photoshoot once you're feeling better!

Last edited: 27 Jan 2009
  14. fflow

fflow What's a Dremel?

:) So nice

15. headala

headala What's a Dremel?

It's a beaut, a beaut!

16. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Sorry for the late reply guys, but I'm all better, and thinking about the next move I'm gonna make on this thing. :)

I'm in the process of getting another gfx to go SLI, and that will ofcourse mean another Gfx-block! :)

Other things beeing considered, but I'll get to them, as they come along! :)

perplekks45 <-- Yeah, I will at some point, when it's ready to be taken apart again. I had no idea how much light it would give, and I would agree, it simply just needs more in those blocks! :thumb:

Mankz<-- My work is done! :lol: I figured it would make you guys confused, at least I hoped for it! :hehe:

Cheapskate<-- Thx M8. I hope you enjoy the lights in the holders for the hose. That's for you, thx for the idea! :thumb:
    I might be going with another mobo, and I don't know how to make it look nice, with a mirror cover... Got any examples of a cover you can show me? :)

E.E.L. Ambiense <-- Thx a lot! :) I was worried/looking forward to the temps too, and actually, they're not half bad. I might need to switch to a larger rad when I go for the second Gfx, but time will tell.

Ran Orthos for 5 mins, and got this:

[​IMG]

The gfx has not hit 50 yet during gaming, and it topped at about 75 with the stock cooler! :thumb:

Mino <-- Thx. Completed... That's gonna take some time... Dunno if it ever get's done! ;)

Addie<-- Thx a bunch, pretty cool to read the whole thing! :thumb:

ModMinded<-- Almost everything but the case and the hardware! :p
    Don't think there was an update on the tubing... Don't really know what you mean, it's just... well, put together... ? :)

fflow , headala <-- Thx guys! :)

17. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

beautiful waterblocks, I haven't looked through the whole log yet, but what I have seen is great.

18. Dark~3nergy

Dark~3nergy what was dat sandvich ?

nice work !! really beautiful waterblocks !

looks like your hdd needs a water block too :hehe:

19. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Hall of mirrors in an art gallery. Just sweet. :jawdrop:

john

20. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

That is one impressive mod. Great use of a regular green pcb and black heatsinks. I have a gigabit lan card that would match perfectly.
    I think the white gives it a "clean" look.

Tags: