1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - Complete Project "Genesis" Extreme Mod (client build)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Y.G Casemod, 21 Nov 2018.

1. Y.G Casemod

Y.G Casemod Extreme modder

Yes, I also use the cutting plotter, but I have no problem even cutting the stencils by hand with the surgical scalpel.[​IMG]:rock::dremel::cool:
    That said, we must keep in mind that in any case both the stencils must be designed on the software and it must be very precise in this phase.
    It is not as simple as it seems, the machine is only the last step.
    In conclusion I also tell you that there are particular stencils that the plotter is not able to realize and must be cut by hand, and here the margin of error is 0,especially when you have to cut the stencil on a painted surface and that should not be ruined, worth doing all over again.

Last edited: 26 Dec 2018
    kim likes this.
  2. Y.G Casemod

Update.[​IMG]

Also realized the midplate with tangential lighting with the Mayan Pattern and the logo.

The sequence of the photos starts from the finished piece which is composed of several parts.

Stay tuned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Y.G Casemod

Update.[​IMG]

Creation of the right cover of the MB tray.

Also here the Mayan Pattern with the ROG Eye and tangential lighting.

In the photos, in addition to the process of making the parts, we can also see the final assembly of both the back cover and the backlit cover on the right.

Stay tuned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Y.G Casemod

Update.[​IMG]

Final assembly of the midplate and realization of the front cover psu (the various phases).

It should be noted that the stencil with the Mayan Pattern of the front cover psu was cut and modified with the surgical scalpel once applied to have an even more aggressive design and so as to house the Genesis logo in the right and more "bad" position.

In the photos the original Mayan Pattern print on the software.

Stay tuned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Y.G Casemod

Update.[​IMG][​IMG]

Customize the Thermaltake Riing Plus 14 fans with ROG Eye airbrushing.

The process is very cumbersome so I will list the phases with numbering and the explanation of the executed works that go in order with the photographic sequence.

0) Stencil creation.

1) Thermaltake adhesive logo removal and surface cleaning.

2) Masking (1). The stencil is precise measurement with the outer core of the fan.

3) Application Transparent primer for plastic and matt black application.

4) Masking removal 1.

5) Masking (2). The stencil is slightly smaller and consists of 2 parts, the first contains the vacuum and the second filling with the ROG Eye, which is cut out and removed with a surgical scalpel.
    In this phase only the vacuum is positioned making sure that it is perfectly centered with the core and then with the relative car body tape the masking of the parts not to be painted is completed.

6) Positioning of the full with the ROG Eye and sealing of the circular cut to prevent the paint from going where it should not.

7) ROG Eye airbrushing orange fluo.This phase is carried out with 2 varnishes, first with the white base and then to follow the fluo orange up to color (airbrush paints).

8) Masking removal 2. In this phase only the fluorescent orange ROG Eye should remain.

9) Masking (3) and opaque transparent finish. The empty stencil of the masking size 1 (with the nucleus) is returned to give protection to all painted parts.

10) Final result.(photo 1).

The fans are crazy and very aggressive.

NB. All this procedure will be repeated also for the 3 Thermaltake Riing Plus 12 that will be mounted on the radiator of the ROG Ryujin 360 that will be placed on the front

Stay tuned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. kim

kim hardware addict

your work is remarkable, surgical...:wallbash: that's a delight to see every part coming to life...

Y.G Casemod likes this.
  7. Y.G Casemod

THX Man,:dremel::rock:

8. Y.G Casemod

Update.

We start to get serious.[​IMG]

Even if there are still a lot of custom parts to be created due to the need of sequence jobs I have definitively mounted the motherboard Asus Maximus Hero X with attached Intel Core I7 8086K already deliddato, the ROG Ryujin 360 and the three fans Thermaltake Riing plus 14 (one in exaust / ejection on the back and 2 in intake / entry on the top) previously customized.

Note the finishing detail of the exposed fan holes that have been closed for a better aesthetic effect with screws, orange ergal washers and blind nuts in chrome-plated stainless steel.

Stay tuned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Y.G Casemod

Update.

Mounting psu and wiring.

The saints have all come down.[​IMG]

After mounting the psu, the wiring had to be "fairly normal", but I had to make everything stand in one cm thick and then mount the cover backlighting definitive view seen in the posters.

I'm almost finished, practically the sleeves are missing, and a control unit for the fans that due to a drawback in the contents of the box of the fans of 12 must arrive, and they send me the whole new package.
    To fix everything so that the cables do not bother when the cover is assembled, the slats have not been counted (even those invented at the time).

Stay tuned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Y.G Casemod

Update.

Here is the summary video that contains all the processing steps of step 2.[​IMG][​IMG]

Stay tuned.

11. Y.G Casemod

Update.[​IMG]

Painting and final assembly of the internal airbox.

Painting and mounting of the GPU support bracket.

After realizing the custom detail (seen in previous posts) it was painted, airbrushed and finished with opaque transparent, finally the honeycomb mesh was applied and then finally assembled.

The same goes for the support bracket of the GPU that has to support the heavy Asus Strix GTX 1080 TI that given its weight had a slight slope.

Also for these 2 details, orange ergal flared frogs were used together with black-burnished steel screws as fixing system.

In the photos the various phases of painting and assembly.

Stay tuned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Y.G Casemod

Update.[​IMG]

The first goodies.

Made the upper flap of the internal airbox.

This particular gives an even more aggressive line to the mod combined with the rest of the interior details.

Also here tangential lighting.

PS.The photographic sequence starts from the piece installed and in the photos we will also see the manufacturing process.

Stay tuned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Y.G Casemod

Update.[​IMG]

You work on the cover of the top.

I work quite complex in the realization of the parts and in the cuts but especially in the painting (which we will see later).

Meanwhile, let's start with the first photos where we will see the parts made, their test assembly and the first painting with the opaque black base.

Stay tuned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheapskate likes this.
  14. Y.G Casemod

Update.[​IMG]

Work on the top cover (second phase).

Airbrush.

After having applied the guidelines to define the design, the definitive demarcation lines were applied for the painting of the fluorescent orange stripes.

On the trapeze in the front I created a stencil with the ROG Eye, but with a particular plot that I passed through the head and in my opinion very aggressive.

Finally, after the total masking of the parts not to be painted, the color is changed.

In the photos we will see the partially painted piece (missing the opaque transparent finish).

As always, the sequence starts with how the piece is presented and in the photos and we can see all the processing phases.

Stay tuned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Y.G Casemod

Update.[​IMG]

Work on the cover of the top (final stage).

Here's how the cover of the top is completely finished and ready to be positioned on the mod

After giving the opaque finish to all the parts and having polished the parts in transparent orange plexy, the final cover of the top is assembled.

Note the perfectly shaped metal honeycomb grids, fixed with two-component epoxy resin and the application of anti-vibration foam strips.

The sequence starts from the presentation of the finished piece and in the photos we can see all the phases of processing and assembly.

The cover is very aggressive and the result is how I wanted it.

Stay tuned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Y.G Casemod

Update.[​IMG]

Front cover.

After having mounted the other three fans (Thermaltake Riing 12 Plus) for the push / pull configuration and arranged their wiring for good, we proceed to the custom modification of the front cover.

In the photos we will see the realization of the two flaps to complete the changes previously made.

In the photographic sequence we will see, as always, the finished parts with the pre-assembly test, and then the whole sequence of the manufacture.

Everything is already ready for painting.

Stay tuned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Y.G Casemod

Update.[​IMG]

Front cover (finished).

Here's how the front cover is completely finished and assembled.

As always, the photographic sequence begins from piece finished followed by photos of the entire process of realization.

The custom modifications on this piece have been particularly difficult to realize starting from the cuts, the shaping of all the honeycomb grids made to measure for the openings made, the flaps with the supports and the painting itself.

The working hours are not counted to finish it perfectly.

To complicate it all I had to remove and cut perfectly the adhesive foam of the front panel which is present as standard and then reapply it after fixing the metal honeycomb grids with the epoxy resin.

As we can see from the photos I also realized an over-cover in the lower part of the front with tangential backlighting with the name of the mod and the relative power cable of the LED sleeved because when front is open can be seen.

The result is how I wanted it, extremely aggressive.

Stay tuned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 18 Jan 2019
  18. Y.G Casemod

Last update.[​IMG]

The mod is practically over.

These are the last photos regarding the worklog which will be followed by the third and final video of the work.

Soon the final photos and the final video with the mod on and operational with all the parts mounted that you have not yet seen.

Well, after mounting the video card I completed the wiring with the assembly of all custom sleeve cables and mounted the back cover that hides everything.

Finally as the last work I also mounted the ROG addressable led strip and cut, shaped, polished and mounted the orange plexy detail for the inner frame of the front to close the space between the fan and the top of the frame (from the photos you understand well that I mean).

Stay tuned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

kim likes this.
  19. Y.G Casemod

We are in the finishing line.[​IMG]

Video worklog step 3.

And here is how promised the third and last video regarding the worklog of the mod in which all the processing steps of step 3 are enclosed.

Soon the video and the final photos.

Good vision.

Stay tuned.

HuguesP and kim like this.
  20. Y.G Casemod

Well here we are at the end of this worklog too.[​IMG][​IMG]

It seemed like a simple job, but it was very demanding and an extreme mod came out (even if without the custom loop) very very aggressive as it is in my style.

We close this work with the final video, the photobook and the technical sheet of this beautiful mod.

We'll talk soon with new mods and as always stay tuned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]