1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PROJECT: Green Dragon | major delay | Updated 10/2

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Acid Burn, 12 May 2004.

?

Should I Insert an engraved window in my front door?

Poll closed 7 Jun 2004.
  1. Yes! Yes! Yes!

27 vote(s)
    61.4%
  2. No... just bondo the door smooth

17 vote(s)
    38.6%
  1. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

Yeah i hope I can pull it off to :D but it will take some time (about a week?). and by that time I think I will get my parts from the US :D

2. SFOD-D LoneWolf

SFOD-D LoneWolf What's a Dremel?? :p

Hehe...a paint job can make or break a mod, so be carefull.

Cheers,
    Mike

3. Acid Burn

awww... I though if I messed up, I could always sand it down... :sigh:

4. Zogthetroll

Zogthetroll What's a Dremel?

lol, sanding will work, i think he was just referring to the look of the finished paint job. just take your time and don't try to rush things.

5. Acid Burn

hehe I understood what he ment :thumb: But it won't be easy to not rush things.... cause I have such a baaaaaaaaad patience... :blush:

6. SFOD-D LoneWolf

Me too.....that sucks does'nt it?

Cheers,
    Mike

7. Acid Burn

Indeed, mike! indeed!

8. Pov

Pov What's a Dremel?

Nice! :D

Veldig bra utført!

9. LucSkyywalker

LucSkyywalker What's a Dremel?

Pictures, Pictures, Pictures

I needs me some pictures..... :D

10. Acid Burn

hehe I haven't done much the last days because of my exams... exept priming the edged door and wet sanding it... what I reall ywant now is some putty so I can get started on the front.... but damn... I have seen a guy on this foru that did EXACTLY what I planned to do with the front! and he did it well too!! So.. no one will get very exited if I do a good work... (which I probably won't since I have never worked with putty or any other kind of filling compound..).

Withing the next 5 days I willl probably start cutting the top. I think I will leave it on while cutting because I dont know how I should put it back on, since the top is now mounted with pop rivets. When I start the cutting I will probably post quite a few pictures :) (so give me a couple of days Luc :p).

I would appreciate any hints and tips on how to mount the top it I decide to drill out the pop rivets.. :)

Peace out!
    Stian

11. Acid Burn

hehe yes I should... but it's raining... :( and I can't spray inside... I have sanded the edges on the dragon now, but the dremel slipped and i got some deep scratches... so now I'm sanding it down so everything will get flat ans smooth for the morror finish :) I have asked my aunt to bring some polyester putty for my computer front, when she comes to visit us from norway. she is also going to bring some sandpaper with the highest grit she can find :)
    I expect my parts to arrive during the following week. so then there will be some nice updates :D

I'm just waytong for my dad to come home with out digital camera so I can upload some pics of the cut plexi.. :) so stay tuned :)

12. Acid Burn

Drawing the top window

Hi y'all, here's a little update on the top window. Now I am drawing the jagged edges in the top.

Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

Here are the plexi windows (finally)
    [​IMG]

As you can see the dragon I'm going to egrave in the top will be much smaller than I had planned, because the 5,25" rack inside the case is in the way for the with of the window... if i extend the length of the dragon, it looks crazy, so I decided just to cut the size of it..

13. SFOD-D LoneWolf

More goodness!
    HORAH! :clap: :clap:

Cheers,
    Mike

P.S.
    Sad thing my new Antec 1000AMG won't be as cool :p

14. Acid Burn

Thanks mal :) I hope it will turn out cool but for the time being I'm not sure.. The jagged edges are going to be quite small so it will be harder than when I cut the ones in the door...
    Where are you from? "HORAH!" sounds awfully like norwegian :)

hehe I bet it will turn out evern cooler :) all you need is some good ideas ;) I'm looking forward to your log ! so hurry up! :thumb:

15. SFOD-D LoneWolf

Well, I spent a few years in Oslo, Norway is my favorite Scandinavian country.

Hehe...I doubt it, my case will be kept simple, only cuts to it will be for a 120MM rad on top, full WC and sound dampening.

Cheers,
    Mike

P.S.
    I'm veeeeeeery sleepy, good night everybody!

16. toss

toss What's a Dremel?

Nice the modding goes on :p cant wait to see the beaty all done and spanking

17. Acid Burn

hehe I still wan't to see a log lone wolf :) so where do you live?

Top window drawing is finished!

Now... I have finished the drawing for the top window... I haven't decided where I shal place the etch yet, though...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's all for tonight guys...

18. grandmasterp

grandmasterp What's a Dremel?

Great job, great job! :thumb:
    I love everything about your project so far, there is not one bad thing!! :rock:
    You say this is your first time, your work is like a pro, and all your ideas are great.
    Keep up the work, im looking forward to the final result :thumb:

19. alianyn

alianyn What's a Dremel?

LOVE IT!

love the jagged edges, love the dragon cut on the side panel - i meann REALLY love it, i think you should sand the plexi going behind it and illuminate it - should look awesome! and i love the top window with the planned dragon etch (which should go in the middle ofcourse ...)

as for the front - definittely get it bodon`d - u can work the bondo however u`d like to even get texture that would fit the whole jagged/dragon theme. and it would it give your custom look.
    also u can put that dragon grill in there and bondo that so it looks as if it`s part of the case.

but you are definitely doing some excellent work with that dremel. it`s a hyundai/wolf one right? (we got them on sale here @ homedepot all the time...)

20. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

For what it's worth i recon you should put the etching square in the middle of the window...