1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PROJECT: Green Dragon | major delay | Updated 10/2

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Acid Burn, 12 May 2004.

?

Should I Insert an engraved window in my front door?

Poll closed 7 Jun 2004.
  1. Yes! Yes! Yes!

27 vote(s)
    61.4%
  2. No... just bondo the door smooth

17 vote(s)
    38.6%
  1. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

yeah i was thinking about checking the lokal hardware store :) thanks for the tip :)

2. -Enforcer-5716M4

-Enforcer-5716M4 What's a Dremel?

Cool! I also thought about mounting the rad in the bottom of my computer with the fan under it. That way the rad gets cold air from the outside of the case, right?

Since you're a Norwegian, and I am too, could you please tell me how you cut the hole?

Brukte du stikksag, eller brukte du dremel? Hvordan markerte du opp hvor du skulle skjære og borre (grunnen til at jeg spør er fordi jeg hadde et mislykket forsøk med å feste noen 12cm vifter oppå et annet kabinett. Jeg endte opp med at hullene ikke var riktig plassert i forhold til hverandre)

3. Sclodion

Sclodion What's a Dremel?

I'm cooling a 6800GT (overclocked to 6800 ultra specs) and an Athlon 64 3500+ (also overclocked) using a single 120mm RAD & papst fan @ 7v so I think your dual system will be well able to handle adding in the X800.

4. Acid Burn

ok thanks for your info! then i think i will go for watercooling on the x800 aswell :)

5. Acid Burn

Beer mat

A couple of days ago i made a beer mat out of plexi which lights up when you put your glass on it. I will probably file the edges a bot so they will be a bit smoother.

the legs of the leds touch the battery when the glass is placed on top of them.
    [​IMG]

day shot
    [​IMG]

night shot
    [​IMG]

the leds have the same color as the leds in the top and front window of my case.

This is a good time to say my favorite quote:
    "You are not drunk, if you can lie on the floor without holding on"
    - Ernest Hemingway.

Cheers :thumb:

Last edited: 18 Jan 2005
  6. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

Looking at metku.net have we? ;) It looks nice, and you're right, the edges do need filing.

7. Acid Burn

yeah. i saw it on metku.net :) it's a great web site :)

8. deadly-app

deadly-app What's a Dremel?

and you arent afraid of shorting it out with condensation? :)

9. Acid Burn

hehe no. first of all it is close to water tight. and second... i don't really care ;) I just made it to see if i mannaged to make it work. and because i liked the idea :)

10. Acid Burn

Dragon side door

Today i ordered the water block for the x800 and the rubber gasket for my pump.

yesterday i put the plexi glass and the slightly modified green cathode inside the dragon door. The pic has quite bad quality, but you get the picture... have in mind that i took the picture against the light so the dragon head won't be as pale as it looks in the pic it will be almost as green as the rest.

[​IMG]

11. AutoExec

AutoExec What's a Dremel?

dudes.. no feedback on this door? :eyebrow:

that must be one of the best back door of a case I've ever seen. Still great work.. :dremel: did you get the waterblock and the rubberthingie yet?

12. Acid Burn

no the parts from germany haven't arrived yet. i hoooope they will arrive this week! :naughty:

thanks for the response on the door :) i wonder if the other guys here don't like it 'cause, I've gotten downgraded to 4 stars.. but i know they'll like what I have in store for them when the parts arrive :thumb:

13. Isuo

Isuo What's a Dremel?

Great work! Keep going.

14. Sverdfisk

Sverdfisk What's a Dremel?

Still great work there my fellow viking :rock: :rock:

Are you coming to TG05 with the Green Dragon btw?

15. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Voting for you Acid, look forward for the block arrival :D Aqua Computer = :hip:

16. Xarig

Xarig What's a Dremel?

Hey Acid, looking sweet dude :rock: you get my vote

17. Acid Burn

hehe thanks guys :D

Sverdfisk; I am affraid i don't know how to get there... since I live in belgium and all. the computer is already very heavy without the hardware installed. so when I fill it with water it's going to be Really heavy ;) so I don't want to bring it on the plane. I brought the case i use now to a lan, by plane once, and the chipset heat sink got nocked loose on the in the plane and got thrown all over my motherboard, destroying it ;) So I'll be a bit more carefull with this one :) but maybe on lan later on :thumb:

hehe and btw, i didn't mention the stars to make y'all vote for me, i just mentioned it to say that many might not like it :thumb:

18. Acid Burn

Almost finished

OK guys! it's time to finish this baby!

When I came home from school on tuesday, a packet with this, was lieing on the kitchen table.
    [​IMG]

now.. All of this
    [​IMG]

pluss the x800 block
    [​IMG]

and my hardware
    [​IMG]

was going inside my modded chieftech dragon
    [​IMG]

so i put the watercooling together and filled it with water.
    [​IMG]

I decided to install the parts whith the water still in the tubes. It took some time to build up the courage to install all the parts though :thumb:

I started by removing the NB fan, and install the mounts for the water blocks on the mobo.
    [​IMG]

Then I removed the fan on the X800 gfx card.
    [​IMG]

and installed the water block.
    [​IMG]

then I installed the waterblocks on the mobo.
    [​IMG]

I attached the mosfet heat sinks to the gfx card instead of on the mobo, since they didn't really fit on the motherboard, and the graphic card will need them more.
    [​IMG]

After inserting the gfx card, I installed the hard drives, psu, floppy, dvd rom, etc. the case is ALMOST finished.
    [​IMG]

Now I just have to hide the ide cables better and connect the wires from the leds in the front, top and in the buttons on the side (will show you in the next update), before I'll post my finished mod.

Let me know what you guys think :)

19. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Speechless :jawdrop: I'll be sad to see one of my favourite projects coming to an end :sigh: Now just for the finish touches and the photoshoot, keep it up Acid, you're an inspiration to us all :D :thumb:

20. KAMIKAZE-FREAK

KAMIKAZE-FREAK What's a Dremel?

I think you need to use some more tie-wraps on the watercooling connections
    like on your tdx block
    and those Y splitters
    like you did with your x800 waterblock

and is it me? or is the above right screw missing from your reservoir mountingplate..

and maby its a suggestion to use instead of Y splitters a Z patters
    IN from below right out below left to above right and out above left to the rest
    or IN from below right out below left to above left and OUT above right to the rest