1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PROJECT: Green Dragon | major delay | Updated 10/2

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Acid Burn, 12 May 2004.

?

Should I Insert an engraved window in my front door?

Poll closed 7 Jun 2004.
  1. Yes! Yes! Yes!

27 vote(s)
    61.4%
  2. No... just bondo the door smooth

17 vote(s)
    38.6%
  1. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

The door is still stiff as a... *insert word here*. :D

I'm really looking forward to start etching! I'm going to look for windows tomorrow :)

2. TheDon

TheDon What's a Dremel?

Nice window. How long is it going to take you to file all those edges... Personally I would leave them sharp so if anyone tried to play around with it they would get a rude surprise..

3. Acid Burn

hehe :hehe: well I just wanted to unsharpen them a little bit :) just so they looked nice. I'm done with that now, but you cant see any diffrences unless you're up really close, so I won't post a picture..

Today I went to the car styling shop... and I didn't find anything of interest, so I went to the local hardware store and bought some bondo (a crap verson suposed to use on holes in the wall'n'stuff. I have to make the bondo myself... I just got a packet of powder. I hope it will turn out nice :)

Ah! I'm kind of depressed because I have realized what a c*** country this is (Belgium). It's SOOOO hard to find what I want!

4. Hacker2B

Hacker2B What's a Dremel?

If that is an Abit KV7 SocketA ATX Motherboard, then do you like it? I'm considering getting one from Directron.com .

Your project looks great!

I think you're one of only four LOTR themed case modders currently posting on bit-tech! :rock: :rock: :rock:

5. Acid Burn

It's an ABIT AN7 socket A... I haven't tried it yet. I'm going to try it when I have got all my watercooling components (I'm going to order them in aproximately 3 weeks).

Hehe, this case isn't inspired from LOTR ;) I Just like dragons :D

6. bamsefar

bamsefar What's a Dremel?

Ahh, another Norwegian.. Soon we will rule the world..
    Maaaybe not :D

Love the dragon, and color choices. As you might know (seen you at hw.no and ok.no forums) I love everything that is green.
    Will be paying attention to your project.
    Enhver nordmann fortjener det ;)

7. Acid Burn

HEEEY! Bamsefar!! thanks pal!
    I am wondering if I'll start a thread a the norwegan forum aswell (overklokking.no). But then I have to write everything in both norwegian AND english, so I'm not sure... Do you think I should?

8. Poggie

Poggie What's a Dremel?

Why not make a link at the norwegian forum. I'm sure that most of the norwegian modders speak and understand english. :hip:

9. Acid Burn

experience tells me that links to other forum projects are usually little read... and if they are read, the readers never look at the updates... (man I have a feeling I'm writing baaaaad english now... but I hope you get my point ;))

Well.. it never hurts to try, right? :thumb:

10. bamsefar

bamsefar What's a Dremel?

Well, if you really want to show the norwegian modding community your work, go ahead. If not, don't bother..
    The only reason that I'm about to post my log here, is that I want more people to have a look at it, and because im not completely finished of course.

Over to the topic at hand, you going to do something with the front?
    Don't know why, but I really dislike the Chieftec front. It gives me chills.
    Every god damn gamer in this world has one, and at the last LAN I participated in, about 3/4 had a Chieftec. So common if you know what I mean. I don't have any good ideas what you could do with it (don't know what to do with my own yet, but it will happen someday), but it looks like you don't have any problems getting ideas. Maybe removing the whole thing, and replace it with something else. Think it would look great if u removed the bars, and replaced it with plexi with a dragon engraved, maybe some airholes.

The possibilities are endless.. Cary on moddin' :dremel:

11. Gizmo

Gizmo What's a Dremel?

Well dude. I am not english but I think you write better than me.

And Acid Burn. I really like your project and those dragons and green color combination are really SWEEEEET :clap:
    Looking out for your next update :brrr:

12. Acid Burn

Hey thats a great idea! I totally agree that the front HAS to be changed! I was wondering if I should just replace it with a large plexi plate, which I could paint black, but I decided to till the gaps with bondo and make a 120mm fan hole in the bottom for an extra radiator (hope it will fit ;)). But I have measured the width of the gaps and They are 93 or 93mm so maybe I have to insert a 80mm fan duct instead. this will reduse the air flow dramatically though... The best thing would be to find a 92mm fandukt (i think I'm going to buy a standard 92mm PVC pipe and cut it up so it will fit :))...

Lots of plans, but low on patience and money.... Right now i have 240€ and I need 320 for my order from the US... :rolleyes:

Last edited: 26 May 2004
  13. Acid Burn

thanks pal! since there will be a while till I order the stuff from the US, the next updates will mainly be paint joibs, and maybe a lot of updates if I find plexiglass (because thn I will start etching :D)...

14. Hacker2B

Hacker2B What's a Dremel?

Ok, maybe your right.... I think i was looking at sumthing else right before this. But still, it's LOTR themedish! If not, then I'm afraid the name "Green Dragon" is a trademark of "The Green Dragon" pub in the Shire. :thumb:

15. Acid Burn

Oh! I had totally forgotten that pub! The only pub I remember is that horse pub ;) :sigh:
    I love the movies but do not know very many details ;)

Some day this week I will go and look for a 9,5cm PVC pipe to use as a fan duct:) (I just hope I dont have to buy 5m of pipe... :rolleyes:

16. Goblin Tinkerer

Goblin Tinkerer What's a Dremel?

You can buy etching solution from any hobby store. I wonder if that works on acrylic or plexi. Hmmm. Well anyhow as an aritist i am really looking foward to your etching. The jagged cut looks cool to me!

17. Acid Burn

Thanks. well.. by etching I mean engraving with a dremel. there will be lots of pics when I get my hands on the plexi :)

18. Acid Burn

Minor Update on the front

Hi!
    Today I bought a peace of PVC pipe, to use as a fan duct :)

I'm going to cut it (of course).... just 2,5 cm so it will fit the hole I'm going to cut out in the front (going to cut out some of the bars in the front...). the pipe has an OD of 10cm and an ID of 9,5cm (or OD 100mm and ID 95mm, if you like;)). I know this will reduce the air flow quite much, but I think it will be ok :)
    [​IMG]

Here I cut away the plastic wall on the back of the front.
    [​IMG]

This is where I'm going to fit the fan.. the fan duct will of course sit in fornt of it :)
    [​IMG]

I'm going to cut away some of the case wall so I can have the fan as close to the radiator as possible (I have decided to buy a second radiator to cool off my hard disc blocks.
    [​IMG]

19. AlaskanModder

AlaskanModder What's a Dremel?

Have fun cutting that plastic. its really a .... :thumb:
    I will post pix on my thread soon of the damage i did to my plastic
    dragon =-)

20. Acid Burn

hehehe sorry about your plastic mistake :D