1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PROJECT: Green Dragon | major delay | Updated 10/2

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Acid Burn, 12 May 2004.

?

Should I Insert an engraved window in my front door?

Poll closed 7 Jun 2004.
  1. Yes! Yes! Yes!

27 vote(s)
    61.4%
  2. No... just bondo the door smooth

17 vote(s)
    38.6%
  1. AlaskanModder

AlaskanModder What's a Dremel?

no mistake.. it was planned... just harder then heck to do anything with
    dremel alone on it =-)

2. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

hehe :D

well the operations I will perform are very very small (just cutting a couple of thin plastic "holders" in the back of the front panel to remove some of the bars. I think it will be ok if I just run my dremel on the lowest speed. :) if not, you and the rest of the guys at the forum can laugh your asses off :D

Ooooh! Page 5 :naughty:

3. modwizard

modwizard What's a Dremel?

acid....im lovin this mod, i hope the etch works for you.....i am doing etches on mine too.....but i lack the ballz to do it myself.....so im ordering it from koolpcmods.net. its my first mod....and i know im way over my head. but anyways i am watching this thread closely. gl

4. Acid Burn

Thanks pal! This is my first mod too :) In my opinion you should try etching it yourself... Like me :) I'm realy way over my head too, but I want to give it a go :) :dremel:

5. Acid Burn

Have cut the hole for my fan

Hi!
    Here's a little update on what I did today after school... I have now cut out the hole the 120mm fan in front is goint to sit in.. I chose to cut out the hole to save space.

well... enough talk. on with the pics :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This picture shows my HW-labs Xtreme PRO radiator... This radiator is the one going to be mounted in the bottom of my case. The one I'm going to use is a DD PRO (120mm).
    [​IMG]

And I've got good news! I'm maybe going to order the rest of my modding and cooling parts sooner that schedualed!! :clap: :clap: :clap: (because my mom and dad will leand me the money if I want to :D).

Yesterday I intalled my new mobo (Abit AN7), and I didn't have to reinstall windows!!! :D Man this mobo ROCKS! :rock: (ohhh... I dislike that smiley...) :hehe:

6. ColD_FusSioN

ColD_FusSioN What's a Dremel?

Frosted

I Like the idea of the frosted window, and placing the buttons in the door is cool and Original :thumb:

7. ColD_FusSioN

Logitech

I also have that keyboard, is excelent for a gaming PC

8. Acid Burn

Thanks pal :) Yeah.. I'm really a smart, cool and original boy so... *cough* :hip:

9. Acid Burn

i know! I luuuuuuv my this keyboard! but the buttons are placed kind of slantwise, so when I use other peoples keyboards, I allways hit the wrong buttons :p

10. ColD_FusSioN

All i can say is you are doing a very good job man!!! keep up like that :rock:

11. Acid Burn

thanks mate :D

I'm quite nervous for the next thing I'm going to do... cut away a few of the bars, insert the duct and fill the gaps with bondo... :worried: I hope I mannage it :dremel:

12. SFOD-D LoneWolf

SFOD-D LoneWolf What's a Dremel?? :p

I also have that keyboard, and I also can't wright well on other keyboards :p

What's wrong with this smiley? :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Cheers,
    :rock: Mike :rock:

13. Acid Burn

hehehe :hehe: well... I just find them annoying :D but I have found out that I think they are ok when they are used to describe my project :p

14. Acid Burn

Last night I was just testing out some ideas in my case... then I mannaged to cut myself on one of the jagged edges..

[​IMG]

I connected the fan to my mobo.. here's what it's looking like beforw I have cut avay the bars :) (the green color is really not like in the picture... it's the exact came color as my catode fan grill (the light behind the mup flap girl fan grill)
    [​IMG]

15. Hacker2B

Hacker2B What's a Dremel?

Looking good. I'm also planning on putting a fan in the front, good luck. I guess the edges will work as a theft/touch deterant, Mwhahahaha :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

btw, ColD_FusSioN, don't quote the image tags, it just takes up space.

16. TheDon

TheDon What's a Dremel?

There is nothing like a homemade security system.. Altho I guess its not that good when it attacks the owner.

17. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

DX Cases

I picked up a dragon case because I'd used them at work (a certain uk computer manufacturer who I won't mention), and when I saw that I could get more colours that the boring grey I decided I had to have one (in blue for some reason I've now forgotten). Now I come to bit-tech and find that everyone seems to have one, so now I'm going to have to do some interesting modding to get it to stand out.
    I'm liking the mirror black finish Acid, it'll definitely go well with some chrome finishings.
    Do you have more plans for the front of the case, I think by bamsefar's right, changing the front will make a big difference.
    (hmm, I was just going to add an LED spectrum anlyser to the front of mine, maybe I should think of something more adventurous...)
    keep up the good work, I'm interested to see where you're going...

18. Acid Burn

Thanks mate. As I have written previously in the thread, am I going to cut out a 120mm fan hole and insert a small (in depth) 120mm fan duct in the bottom of the front. then I'm going to fill all the gaps between the vars with putty or some kind of bondo. Since my mind always is on my case, I got a lot of ideas about the front... I'm wondering if I shall insert a plexi glass in the door in the front, engrave it with a dragon (a dragon head preferably) and paint the backside black, then illuminate the plexi with a couple of LEDs.. I have never seen anyone pant the backside of the plexi when it is engraved, and iluminated from the side... I whink it would give the plexi a cool effect :idea:

Sounds cool :thumb: but I don't know what an anlyser is :rolleyes: some people insert a el-wire inside the gaps between the bars. :) hmm.. what if someone insert leds in the gaps on the side of the bars, and connect them to a special pcb (with a chip of some kind) so the leds show the memory use, speed of a fan by lighting up (from the bottom to the top) :naughty:

Can you do something like that in a project sometime Zap (if you read this post)?

Hehe.. I think the only one who's going to want to tuch my components is me... :)

Sorry I have not answered this question before..
    Yes, I have, but when mounted in the top, there will be lots of bubbles on the glass (unless it's dead full). and it will be seen through the side window aswell... :thumb:

BTW: I found a glazier (misspelled?) and going to buy some plexi or acryl on tuesday (because they are closed on tomorrow, sunday and monday)... Does anyone know which of kind of glass/plastic is the best to engrave on?

19. Acid Burn

Hi!
    Can someone tell how i start a poll? :blush:

20. Thom!

Thom! What's a Dremel?

Huhh. Acid, is a very very great mod, but how cut :jawdrop: you the left and top side og the case??? Good luck, and we wait the news!
    :rolleyes: