1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Green Dragon

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Archtronics, 9 Oct 2006.

1. Evil-Inc-UK

Evil-Inc-UK New Member

Yes i do live in the uk lol

im a little confused when u say xfire are u talking about the case i have on the forum at the moment maybe im just tired and its not filtering into my head. lately i havent had a lot of time to work on it but should have some new picture updates next week if all goes well.

what model dremel you going for?

As always good luck with the mod

2. Archtronics

Archtronics Well-Known Member

xfire i mean the in game messenging tool

I plan to get my dremal from maplins update very soon

3. Archtronics

sorry ment to post an update yesterday but my sound card broke so i spent all day trying to fix it

4. Evil-Inc-UK

Evil-Inc-UK New Member

So can we expect any updates over this weekend?

5. Archtronics

small update pics soon today i fix my sound card and modded my graphic card heatsink to except a small fan I began cuting the back off the case and measuring up everything my dad also welded a hardrive cage for me which i intend to put a 120 fan stuck 2 92mm fans to a pci back plate to act as a cooler dremals coming soon and I just preordered battlefield 2142 thanks for everyones input so far

6. Archtronics

sorry iv been busy so i havent been able to do any work on my mod however today lots of parcels have been delivered I got a copy of the new battlefield 2142 which im enjoying also im pleased to say im now running linux on my pc back to the mod today i got a sander and polisher from halfords and got rid of the paint on one of the side panels[​IMG]

The sander
    [​IMG]

7. Archtronics

oh yes comments are very much appreciated whatever you want to say please do more updates tommorow

8. Archtronics

hi my dad finaly put a new plug on the jigsaw so i cut a window out of the side panel and sanded it so its ready for painting[​IMG]

9. Evil-Inc-UK

Evil-Inc-UK New Member

hows it going with the mod dude no updates lately really want to see what ur gonna do with this case who knows maybe it will give me a few ideas on what to do with mine when the time comes lol

10. steelyglint

steelyglint Member

It does look a little similar. One way to tell....if it takes two people to lift it then it's the same :D

Looking interesting...will be keeping an eye on it :worried:

11. Archtronics

12. Evil-Inc-UK

Evil-Inc-UK New Member

so if ur planning on airbrushing it i take it ur leaving the side panels intact or at least one of them?

tell me your secrets what is the plan for this case what should i be expecting to be up against in the near future lol

seriously tho good luck with the mod and finding a stencel big enough for one of those panels lol

13. Archtronics

alright i will tell you as i said i will be airbrushing the one panel the other one will have this dragon ecthed on it like this

[​IMG]

the front will have a modded coolermaster musketer and a big grill on the bottem layered to look like flames blue/green and will have a 15inch screen above it maybe.

inside i planing to cut out the centre partition and replace it with plaexi so you can see both sides of the case it will be inverted atx and will have quite a few fans.
    Also i will be taking apart an old ide harddrive and encasing it in plexi and some really really strong glue so u can see it working.
    There will be two triple 120 fan radiators and one 120 radiator to cool most components.
    also while were on the subject of cooling I will be making thick copper to be attached to the hard drives then I will have a maze of heat pipes leading to either a cool looking tower on the outside of the case with fins or to a cpu heatrsink inside the case.
    finaly there will be a window in the top of the case with 2 140mm fans to draw out hot air.

so as you can see my plans are rather costly and kinder insane :naughty:

14. Evil-Inc-UK

Evil-Inc-UK New Member

I didn’t know my brain had Bluetooth as u have obviously hacked it lol half theses plans you have I had in mind for mine. Weird.

Anyway good luck

15. Archtronics

well dont worry im sure they will both come out quite different went to b and q to get a dremal today but they were sold out then some old woman thought i worked there and started talking to me :eyebrow:

16. Archtronics

hey everyone Im afraid im moving my worklog to tech extreme forums the one in my sig sorry any one that was following as the new forum needs help it to get running so Admins please could you lock or close this thread as there will be no more updates thanks

17. Evil-Inc-UK

Evil-Inc-UK New Member

what is the link to ur work log? have u set it up yet email it to me if this thread is closed b4 it is ready i wanna keep an eye on the project

18. TMM

TMM Modder

pfft i found it in about 45 seconds
    http://techxtreme.jconserv.net/viewtopic.php?t=121

19. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

ya me too ^^ and why not have the work log in multiple forums, I have 4 forums total that I post my worklog in for people to enjoy ^^

20. Archtronics

as i said this forum needs more members and is my main concerern I will post the finshed worklog on here after christmas though