1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

-::Project Ground Zero::-

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by KrazyIvan, 18 Jul 2003.

1. KrazyIvan

KrazyIvan What's a Dremel?

Thanks! :lol: Someone replied! Woo Hoo! :clap:

2. Murdoc

Murdoc Gas Mask..ZOMG

I will reply too :) them speakers look good, might do that to my creative 4.1's wud look gud in black baby <---- ok gettin carried away.
    Murdoc

3. Hyjnx

Hyjnx What's a Dremel?

haha i was plannin on getting those grills too...what are u plannin for the window? im still stuck on that part for mine...where did u get the LCD from cuz i wanted a red readout too..that or yellow

4. KrazyIvan

Murdoc: I checked out your printer mod yesterday! Nice work! I have an HP dekjet 895 that is going to have to be modded to match Ground Zero. :D

Hyjnx: I am still undecided on the window. I want it to be something original but am fresh out of ideas. There is only so much you can do with a window. :lol: I got the LCD on eBay a while back. I did find a place to get yellow/green LCD's for cheap and I do beleive the guy ships just about anywhere. It can be found at http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=9802451. I bought from this guy just recently. GOing to use that LCD in another project that is still in the planning stages.

5. Hyjnx

Hyjnx What's a Dremel?

keep me updated cuz i am lookin at the same grills only in yellow or red...probably yellow cuz thats a color not many people do...so just lemmie know what u decide maybe i can get some ideas...unless ud wanna share with me what u had in mind

6. KrazyIvan

As soon as I come up with something I will have it posted. :D

7. Hyjnx

Hyjnx What's a Dremel?

nice acctually im gonna start a thread...cuz i should be getting some pictures soon of my case...and ill just throw out the floor to people

8. Murdoc

Murdoc Gas Mask..ZOMG

kewl will love to see the results, printers are over looked when modding.

9. KrazyIvan

10. Hyjnx

Hyjnx What's a Dremel?

AHHH thats so nice...time go through corel draw and see what pops up...

11. KrazyIvan

Solicitating Window suggestions...

okay, I can't decide what I want to do with the window except that I am going to use the gas mask as a cutout. I was thinking cutting out the window then reataching it with glue to the plexi. I would outline the gas mask with sort of an etch then use some blue or red LED's to light up the window like some of the acrylic mouse pad mods I have seen. This would make a sort of a diffuse glow outline of the mask, kind of like the mask is glowing.

The other idea is to do something like Macroman's black case with a tinted window and chrome gas mask etch.

Or i could do a combination of the two ideas.

12. Snitch

Snitch Supremodder

Nice!
    I love when u put the lcd between to driveslots!

13. KrazyIvan

Nice to see someone is still looking. :D I still have to post a few more pics of progress. I worked on cleaning up the wiring and finally used some blue flex loom tube to get it all tidy. I am also working on an LED fan mod (Yes, a hand modded LED fan) that is a lot quieter than the stock PSU fan. Finished it last night, just have to put it in the PSU.

14. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Cool! That's the exact same grill and fanbus that I used :D :rock:

I'm about ready to strip my gMono back down and redo it. I figure that I spent a good $120 on the case (with a 430w PSU) and I'm not using it. Not really sure what I'm going to do yet, but I feel that I have to use it for something ;)

15. KrazyIvan

Dad: I know it is exactly the same. :lol: I saw your post on your project about 2 days before I was about to receive my shipment and just about died laughing. I know I am not being overly original with the mods I am doing but hopefully my window mod will make up for it. At least I have not seen anyone do exactly what I am trying to do.

Besides, the gmono case rocks! :rock:

16. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Okay, now you've done it. I just bought some fans and stuff to get my gMono back running again. :D

What make is the fanbus? I'm wondering if it's the same as mine...

17. KrazyIvan

Hehe.

Well to be honest, If I remember right your is a vantech, mine is a no name :worried: . I am not into name brands as long as the stuff works and mine has worked fine. Got it from SVC.

If it makes you feel any better, I am also working on another case for my server that looks just like your Project Retribution. That was another case that I had laying around that needs some major help with airflow.

18. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Copy cat! :D

Yea, mine is a Vantec. Was thinking about the no-name brand, but believe it or not, when I bought it, the Vantec was cheaper. I think it was on sale or something. I got it from SVC too. That place rocks!

19. KrazyIvan

You are lucky. Now go mod that gmono! What more do you plan to do with it? Last time I saw it it looked pretty well finished.

20. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

It's been stripped as I got tired of the blue lights and I used some of the parts in Retribution. I now have enough parts to build 2 more computers (an AMD 1700 & 1800) and want to make the gMono case my main rig.

Not 100% sure as to what I plan to do, but I do know that I'm going to use my LanParty board (UV reactive), aluminum fans and ideas from G-Gnome's mod. As soon as I get my mind straight on what I'm doing, I'll start a project log.