1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project GT500 Mod 09 mom nomination!!!!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Degenerate83, 27 Nov 2008.

?

What should the final colour sceme be?

Poll closed 18 Feb 2009.
  1. Candy orange with black stripes

41.0%
  2. Classic white flames going to black

15.4%
  3. All back the lightning and horse

12.8%
  4. Black with blue real flames and grey stipes

30.8%
  1. Degenerate83

Degenerate83 What's a Dremel?

cheers for coment fatality

well hopefully will be getting the motherboard back in day or two so we can then start on a full leak test maybe and start getting things plugged back in!!!

next main job is to sleeve up all the connectors and sensors on the tbalancer.....theres about 15 sensors or something daft... and to do the fans as well. if board is here by weds i'll tube uo graphic cards and chip set.

no more pics just yet but no doubt be end off tomorra... well here's hoping that this week is going to be alot more productive and not as destructive as the last!!!:eyebrow:

cheers untill tomorra

Degen

2. Han$en

Han$en Skulltrail!

Looks awesome

3. Degenerate83

well today wasnt as productive as i hoped managed to get a few more cables sleeved up using the murdermods sleeving....

sata cables for example

[​IMG]

now there really is not much more i can do untill the board is back :eyebrow: which really is annoyin as i wanna get this baby finished.......

oh handles should be here tomorra or weds 2!!

when i have a decent update i'll let you all know.....hey mod off month soon...fingers crossed for nomination :D

degen

4. La carotte d l'o

La carotte d l'o What's a Dremel?

Are you still planning to make that mustang in the front?

5. Degenerate83

hey

yeah im still planin on putting a mustang logo on the front. i'm not sure what one yet as i really need to check the size of the actual logo!

but it will be the last thing that i put on :D

6. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Hmm. Is that individual cable sleeving harder than the usual?
    I've only ever sleeved the entire bunch, never single wires.

7. Degenerate83

morning

well its not that its difficult its making sure you have all the correct tools your going to need, atx pin remover, molex remover things like that. what ive found is that even then you can still damage some wires so make sure you have pleny off spare pins and plugs, they are cheap enough on kustom pc site which has a quite a nice selection

for the actual sleeving ive used a few in my time but im gonna say for the price the murder mod psyco pack is the best by far... looks and acts like it was meant to. get that nd you'll be happy! the american site also now does different colour sleeve so doesnt have to be just black.... was looking at orange myself

stonedsurd likes this.
  8. Degenerate83

Well havign spent the morning doing the last off the sleeving ive come to realise there really isnt alot more to do on this now. still awaiting a delivery for the handles to arrive fo can put them on but in honestly thats almost it . finished sleeving the t balancer's sensors and all the cables i will need.

and untill i get the motherboard back (there awaiting a new capasitor still :sigh:) it loks like a rather mad jungle off cables :eyebrow:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

obviously there are a few things like placing the cathods but need to lenghen the wires on them so need some more solder

fingers crossed i'll be able to give you all a decent update soon. but its lookin like slow going!

cheers for now

Degen

9. Degenerate83

ok well its saturday morning. sun is shinning beers in fridge.....but i gotta go to work...it sucks i know

very small delivery this morning...very small

handles for doors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

still waiting to here back from foxconn regarding the motherboard and dangerden also regarding northbridge.. so bit slow still

when i have more will let you all know!

degen

10. llH4VOKll

llH4VOKll What's a Dremel?

Where did you get the handles those things are badass. The build looks amazing.

11. Degenerate83

cheers

believe it or not i got them off ebay!!! £2 was well impressed. there just design handles for kitchen cupboards nd draws lol... just gotta figure out where to place them on the doors now :D

update tomorrow on that one. also noticed interesting thread about extending cathode cables in modding section...as i need to do this as well but unsure whever or not old psu cables will work???

12. Degenerate83

well its been a while!!!!

yes were back to the old grind stone! motherboard arrived back from foxconn so i really wanna thank carl for doing the repair (life saver!!)

ok so as soon as i got it back i put the water blocks back on to get ready for a leak test next week

[​IMG]

and its now back in the chasis, we managed to fit a few tubes in this morning but i thought 2 nd half meters woul be enough but allas no!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

no it really is all a tight squeeze and trying to make things look really neat is proving difficult! but its getting there!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so need to order some more tubing and some right angle barbs next week

well i recently spoke the guys over at overclock.co.uk whould agreed to give me a small discount on my processor when i buy it
    [​IMG]

the intel i7 920

so as soon as ive done some more work i'll post it up!!!

cheers degen

13. Degenerate83

ok managed to tube up some more on quick brak and also took a quick night shot!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more again soon

14. Mino

Mino Ganzerli Mino

good job, mate!
    I've just take a look at murdermods, I'll buy the sleeve, it's a super mega big pack!

15. Degenerate83

yeah that pack is really good and yes its quite a large pack 2!!

well i need to place an order for some right angle barbs and some more tubing next week. but being bank holiday its mad at wok so not much done this week end.

on another note, im really having issues with the case colour the more im working around it the more and more i find that i dont like it.......... i could really do with other peoples opinons on it. good or bad, or another idea, but it must be orange and black due to motherboard colour sceme. i'm happy with the chasis colour and the orange mobo tray but not the side panels, front and top.:confused:

let us know what you think

cheers

degen

ninja edit!! maybe i could do this http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o8/rrrcobrasc281/PICT0056.jpg

Last edited: 12 Apr 2009
  16. jegerjon

jegerjon What's a Dremel?

you might want to go red and black? It would also make your lovely GTX's fit in the case. Just my 2 cent.
    Everything else look good :) Waiting for you to finish her up ;)

17. Degenerate83

well im not happy!!!

last off the water cooling equipment arrived today so set about getting everything plumbed in..... all fine everything nice and tight...test... every seems fine.....

second...... small leak on pump... tightened

third small leak on front rad..... another test 10 seconds.....all fine......20 second...... Failure

there seems to be a major problem with the bottom rad! it literally dumped out a whole litre off my fluid all over my garage floor:waah::waah::waah::waah::waah::waah:

so untill i get that fixed i want be updatiing for a while. as you can all guess im not a happy man right now! bad day should have named this project doom instead or what that steven king book with the killer car!!!! sure this build is cursed!

untill next time!

18. Degenerate83

ok

after an epic night off taking out the entire water cooling loop........ i found the issue.

one off the barbs i used in the bottom rad had a dodgy thread! dont ask how or why... so replaced with a dd fat boy and now seems ok. cant fully test untill i get some more fluids tho... but least its better than a buggered rad!!!

laters all

19. Sni9er

Sni9er Ermmmm 42 ???

for this you must remove some of the protective etch (use a stanley blade carfully) and also remove from the grounded area around the switch, as that is how it will make contact, tack a small blob of solder and some wire on to the swich trace and the ground and your good to go, really though you need to get at the boart to make a good connection, failing that you could always go for a mechannical approach ?

20. Voluntary_Pariah

Voluntary_Pariah a Real Man™

tough luck about the watercooling gear.

When I finally get round to upgrading my rig, I want sorely tempted to go for watercooling. But I a VERY worried about leaks and bad assembly causing my board to be flooded with coolent, and shorting the whole thing (i know that you can get non-conductuve coolent, but try telling my paranoia that)