1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project H-Bomb Working LCD pics added 9/12/02

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Hiren, 20 Aug 2002.

1. Asphix

Asphix What's a Dremel?

That really sucks that the power supply is in front of the CPU. Kind of defeats the purpose of a window mod.. i mean you can still do some stuff with a window mod, but the fun part is seeing the fan spin on top of your processor!! Is there a way you could mod your case to the power supply isnt located wehre it is? or maybe relocate the power supply so its an external power supply, or mounted on the back somewhere?

Your lucky your dad encourages you to explore your artistic/modding tendencies.. my dad yells at me every time i touch anything.. probably because ive destroyed my car over the years of doing small interior mods.. but the car was a piece of **** to begin with.. so what do you expect. Anyway, when he saw what ive done to my case so far, he liked it a lot.. even though he complained constantly while i was doing it saying i shouldnt be doing it and should leave things the way they were meant to be or somethin like that :).

Looks real good. A tip to getting those fron LED's working.. try just flipping the connectors where you plugged em onto your motherboard. Gotta make sure you have the positive to the positive and the negative to the negative.. but that case does look like a complete pain in the but to work in.. expecially with small little connectors like the ones that go to the power switch/led/resetswitch/hd activity light!

As for the drives, i would stealth them. Stealth your 2 cd-rom drives, and then for your bottom bay, stealth that as well so when you need to use those connectors you just pop off the plate.. im sure you could be a little inovative and make it so the door swings down.. depends on what kind of imagination you have :) but after stealthing it all, i would make a stencil of say a dragon or something, or a viper (keeping with thw whole dodge viper theme) and put the stencil over all the bay covers and paint it red.. that way not only does it look like you have no drives, but there is also a nice design there! Red/white/blue go well together.. and will keep on the whole "sporty" feel.

One thing you really should do is go over the pain job with another coat.. the paint changes from a lighter blue to a darker blue in areas meaning the paint is thicker in certain areas. Did you use primer? if not go out to K-mart or your local hardware store and get some primer and prime that sucker first.. then spray your metalic blue spraypaint and finish it off with some clear coat (for a nice shiny finish). When painting though, make sure to keep the can at least a foot away.. and start spraying off of the thing your painting, then slowly swipe your hand across the object form left to right or right to left in smooth consistent strokes.. you will get best results that way!

Anyway, great job.. you really spiced that case up!

-Asphix

p.s. yes i always have a lot to say.. im an art student and go to school for art.. im used to critiquing peoples work constantly.. theres always something to say about everything :-D

2. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Asphix - Thanks for your input. The paint job is a little uneven in places that's because it was the first time I had ever used spray paint. :eeek:. I would repaint it but it looks ok and I can't be bothered to do it all again!

As far as my dad goes I think he thought I was a little crazy when I started he got in to it and thought it looked good when I had finished.

I won't be stealthing my drives or the transfer panel as I like the look of the white on blue.

3. Hiren

Quick update for you all, I've hooked up the LCD display now but am having some trouble configuring it (see my post in the electronics forum). Will post some pics when I get it fully working.

4. bAnTAi

bAnTAi What's a Dremel?

a custtomised plate on top of the panel? made with that clear film stuff...

5. Hiren

Big update!

Ok, haven't updated you guys with newss recently so here goes:
    > The rounded cables have now been put in so the first stage of Operation tidy the H-Bomb is complete!
    > Finally replaced the old TNT2 graphic card with a GeForce 4 Ti4200 :lol:
    > The silent cooling fan didn't fit so it's back to a nosiy system
    > The contrast control of the LCD fell off and requires resoldering which I'll do when ever I can be bothered to do it.

I think that's about everything. Oh yeah I will post some updated pics soon.

6. Hiren

Ok another small update for you all. I've now put in my old 15gb Maxtor Hardrive and have tidyed up the insides a little more. Will post some pics whenever I can get hold of a digi cam.

7. Hiren

Yes another update with no pics :rolleyes: but good news at last. The LCD is finally in it's custom box and sitting quite happliy on my case also the insides have been cleared up considerably thanks to some rounded cables and spiral wrap.

8. Samiel_6

Samiel_6 Samiel_6

I do like that. Very nice case there m8. Simple yet afective. Good job.

I cant spell by the way.

9. Hiren

Another update

LCD pics as promised:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry about the quality of the pics I used my mates digi cam which came free with a mobile :sigh:

10. Adam

Adam Minimodder

Looking good H-man! I like the shape of the box.

11. Hiren

Some more working LCD pics for you............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

Looks good. Shame about the blob in the middle of the facia though :(

13. Hiren

Yeah, that blob is the only problem with the setup. Might see if I can mod it in some way over christmas.

14. Deymos

Deymos What's a Dremel?

You could cut the box to the sides, and put a piece of clear plexi onto that to resolve the blob trouble.

I like your rig, good job:clap:

Where did u get the box?

15. Hiren

The box was stolen / borrowed from my dad's work place. My dad is the one whole has full creadit for the mod. He set the LCD in their for me. I just added the finishing touches.

16. Kevin

Kevin What's a Dremel?

why don't u use a piece of acrylic and do another front cover
    i'm sure it'll look nicer

17. Hiren

That's pretty much what I'm think I'll do over the christmas holiday. Get some plastic and cut out the middle bit and replace it.

18. Kevin

Kevin What's a Dremel?

yes

and GOOD JOB!

19. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

damnit
    why cant i get good pictures of my LCD :(
    nicely done btw

20. Hiren

Thanks bee2643. I've found it preety much impossible to get a good shot of an LCD in action.