Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Excalib12e, 27 Oct 2006.
that thermal plug thing is a very good idea. I have to remember that one.
All thanks to the jack socket and the barb happening to be next to each other on my messy table.
Only issue is the goop wont cure properly if the barb is filled completely at once..I had to do it in 2 parts, and even then there were air spaces. But its all watertight now..
Should be fine actually.
When the contractors did up the tempered glass panels at my new branch, they just pumped a big load of silicone into the "guide rails" (basically just U-shaped aluminium brackets) and let the outside cure. If you prod it, you can tell the insides are not cured but it holds the big chunk of glass in place nicely.
Pro tip: Wash the mobo with rubbing alcohol (it evaporates faster), let it sit for a few days, and it should work again. Unless it was running when it leaked.
I couldn't follow which material you used for the front, could you name it please, I like it.
Thanks Dreamslacker, the barb must have been a slightly different case though, as air bubbles would get in. But its fine already
Afraid is was . But its ok, ive gotten most parts replaced under warranty, except for the graphics which will take a while more.The parts were quite truly dead.
Do you mean the black acrylic plastic?
Optimal realization dude
I like your style
I like this, look forward to seeing it come together!!
its nice. the black acrylic on the white case looks just owesome
i wanna see more
I can't believe I missed this one for all this time. I really like the covers and the lasercut parts.
Continue making quality stuff like this
god dam thats a clean mod.
Hi all..Now i know its been a whole month since ive posted anything, And im really sorry for the long long wait. All the parts have thankfully been replaced, and im all set to continue with finishing up this project. Just got to work out some odds and ends.
In the meantime heres a teaser pic of the mother covers somewhat installed (this was before i destroyed the hardware)
several things will be changed,like the rear plate, as one month has brought some new ideas to mind.As you can see the 4 LED holders are not exactly in order.So the whole plate will be redone and something else installed.Will be back soon.Cheers..
Damn sorry about the damage from the water. Thats why in my build I am building a pump housing with its own PS. That way I can run the water pump filled and watch for leaks prior to adding the motherboard and vid cards. I have too much at stake with dual 8800 GTX vid cards and a SLI motherboard.
Nice touch with the temperature probe in the 1/2 inch barb. Gives me an idea to use a "Tee" with a temperature probe. Thanks
Well was pretty much carelessness on my part.. Glad everythings replaced..Your welcome bout the temp probe..
I like that you created the temp probe. That's pretty cool. You may want to look into some of the professionally made ones for innovatek or aquacool stuff though. They look a little better.
Thats ok for me, itll be kinda hidden so it really doesnt matter much.Thanks for the suggestion
apologies.Been struggling to get this project done amidst my work, so far ive been able to do a little, so here goes another update :
Now I realised that the HALCYON cut out on the pci cover wasnt doing a very good job of providing ventilation holes. Plus I started to find it a bit ugly.So away it went, and in its place, a simple but functional grill, laser cut of course. A large rectangle portion of the cover was also cut away.
I forgot to get the mounting holes lasered too, so i had to carefully drill them myself. Luckily the acrylic didnt crack..much better ventilation im sure.
The temperature display on the rear plate had screwed up (digits only half displayed), plus the previous LED misalignment had been bugging me.So a whole new plate was made, and a proper backlit temperature display ordered from frozencpu.
Now with the LEDs gone from this arrangement, they had to go somewhere else. Oh if i hadnt mentioned this before, the LEDs serve to indicate which temperature the probe is currently measuring. I decided to mount them on the top mobo cover
The 2 new added sockets on there are for the LEDs. Plugs from the PCI cover below will connect to them. I kinda wanted the added cabling for looks too.
Here you can see the plugs...
Im almost done with fixing things up motherboard covers wise, so i hope to update soon.till then..
holy **** doesnt even begin 2 describe it. speechless.....
omg... That's some clean work! Very well done
Can't wait to see this finished
Separate names with a comma.