1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project Harbinger: Loop is Done and Installed

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by llH4VOKll, 21 Jul 2008.

1. llH4VOKll

llH4VOKll What's a Dremel?

Updates = Pump and Install

I got some more work done today pump bracket/ mount and a plate to fill in the cut out for the PSU.

[​IMG]
    Well nothing amazing here just the bottom of the PSU bracket

[​IMG]
    Gasp!!!! the secret of the floating Pump is revealed made this in about ten minutes its fastened to the radiator on the opposite side.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I ended up having to use more 90 degree fittings than I thought I would have to but here atlast it the loop only changes that will be made are the tubing is being switched out with red UV and will be sleeved, once I get a new GPU and add the rad in it will change a little but nothing major. The T-line tube is 1/2in and the rest is 3/8in works alot better. Thats it for now tomorrow I may work on the PSU bracket but thats all.:dremel:

2. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

If you take the radiator to a shop they will just use flat black enamel spray paint out of a can to do the fins. You can just use a dremel wire brush to roughen up the radiator tanks and side covers and paint to your liking. I wouldn't spend a lot of time on this.

3. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I have always wondered when someone would mount their pump on top of the CPU block lol. However I have seen people actually mount the outlet of the pump directly onto the inlet of the CPU block, it's as simple as just making a little support bar that you can attach to the extra thread on the CPU mounting bolts, saves a lot of plumbing and would be even easier these days with the compression fittings and teh small size of the DDC :D. I will post a pic if I can find one.

*EDIT*
    This is from Nov 06 lol:
    http://www.slizone.com/docs/IO/37460/rotm_november06_04_large.jpg

4. llH4VOKll

llH4VOKll What's a Dremel?

Yup I've seen this done and know that case super hornet by Titon/SuAsDu probably one of my favorite mods. Well I ran into a small problem today for the top rad the 88CFM fans are about 2mm too thick so I am gonna order some thin fans the issue lies with the inlet/outlet ports on the GPU waterblocks. I also have to figure out how to get these bubbles out my t-line is inverted the bubble are still trapped in the line I may just run the pc resting on the back panel so the process goes faster.

5. woody_294

woody_294 Wizard Ninja :P

Looking good :) Should be cool when it's all put together!

Tags: