1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

project Helios ::New pics added 10th of October::

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ReFredzRate, 4 Sep 2002.

1. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

So this is my project, called Helios. It's not too special at this point. I've got a 6x6cm fan placed in the back and an 8x8cm fan in the front. I rounded the cables and improvised an easy power source for the fans ;) I'm planning on spraying the case black with aluminum accents. Some of the stuff on the front already is painted aluminum as you can see. What could I do next?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 10 Oct 2002
  2. Slink

Slink B7

get some blowhole trim on the front intake, watch your fingers when doing it

3. ReFredzRate

Err... Would you want to stuff in the trim when the fan is spinning? Nah, that's what I thought. It's a good idea by the way, I'll do that tonight when I shut Helios down :lol:

4. Stu

Stu What's a Dremel?

Think he meant watch your fingers on the jagged edges whilst putting the trim on ;)

5. ReFredzRate

What jagged edges? Does somebody think I'm a disaster with a dremel? ;)

6. Slink

Slink B7

:rolleyes: :D:worried:

7. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Spray the F***er! :D

Beige is such a foul colour.

8. ReFredzRate

I know I should paint it, just havent had any time to go for it yet. So I'm waiting for the paint proces another month. I'll get to that next month that is... Coming up soon: fan grille, fanbus (kinda)

9. Reaper_Unreal

Reaper_Unreal What's a Dremel?

You should put in a 120mm blowhole on the top. You can never go wrong with big fans! :D No, but seriously, you need some trim on that. Black trim + black case = quite cool. A window is also good too, but those fans are a pretty good start, that's how I got started.

10. ReFredzRate

The window is waiting to be fit in, but there's a paint job to be done first.
    I am not really sure what to use for trimming the holes... I thought silicon gasoline tube might do the trick. I can't find anything else that might be as useful for trimming. Any suggestions?
    Gonna be cutting in the budget for modding soon by the way. My home built mp3 player (yeah, the one with the blown up psu) is waiting to be fit in a car. So I'm thinking of going for the license soon, ASAP that is.

11. Qbank

Qbank What's a Dremel?

spray it with
    and than put four 3500 milli candela leds in on the sides , make the blow hole a lotle nicer maybe a ruber edge helps put a nice fan gaurd up
    et vaiola then you got somthing to show that dsoesn't cost much

12. ReFredzRate

Today the mailman came to deliver my stuff, but he threw a note in the mailbox that nobody was home... Stupid ******* :grr: I made a phone call about it and tonight he will deliver the stuff instead of Thursday evening. Gonna kick him in the nuts when I open the door :D

13. ReFredzRate

So the mailman stopped by today... I made myself a nice simple rheobus/fanbus wuh'evah.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 16 Sep 2002
  14. Reaper_Unreal

Nice job, minimalist/stealth approach, nice...

15. ReFredzRate

not really... The dark gap is just the result of a missing 5.25" bay. Top is a removable harddisk rack. Under that is a 24x10x40x disc rewriter. I added a fan guard (or finger guard ;) ) a few minutes ago. Tomorrow I will get you all some nice daylight pics. These are too dark :baby:

16. Qbank

Qbank What's a Dremel?

spray paint the fan and put some leds on it it wil take you're case to a next dimantion and it doesn't cost that much 4
    45000 mcd leds 1 resistor one can of primer (paint on plastik) and one can of paint (White or chrome)
    but in you're case i would go for white , then wen the leds are on yo got such an iontense glow coming out of you're case trust me you're gone love it

and spesialy for you i got an old project that I stoped ,this was to be HD cooler for to hd's it coverd 2 bays and was to be completly made ouit of plexy as you see the protection foil is stil on the plexy
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

the digital came makes it look more pink and yelowish than in real life , in real its a havy realy intense red nothing pink like real red

17. Reaper_Unreal

wow! that's bright! sorta reminds me of my own self-made HD cooler, except that I'm using 2x 40mm fans instead of an 80mm. I like it though, prefect for blinding the people looking at your computer face on!:lol: Maybe you could stick your fanbus on the side of that cooler, as it looks to have lots of empty space on the back. Oh, but BTW, you might want to cut those bolts a bit shorter, as they'll probably interfere with the look.

18. Qbank

Qbank What's a Dremel?

its an old project it has no use any more

19. Reaper_Unreal

Oh... well I still think that it's a great idea... I think I've seen something like that done before with an outdoor intake valvle or something... nice job anyways

20. ReFredzRate

Why the **** is everyone posting **** about some project that has nothing to do with Helios?