1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

project Helios ::New pics added 10th of October::

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ReFredzRate, 4 Sep 2002.

1. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

The cathode has been slightly delayed unfortunately. However, I did order the LCD I wanted, just this one hasn't got any backlight. That's because of the problem that my funds are running a little low ;) Anyway, I also ordered a new keyboard. The one I am using normally sometimes just doesn't respond anymore. So I did order a real eyecatcher now :D L8r dudes

2. ReFredzRate

3. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

Wow, that is a sexy looking keyboard. It'll go good with your case, are those buton bit hingies on the top and side silver or whtie, I can't tell form the pics, if they're silver, then that's a perfect match, if they're white, get painting :p

Also,
    [duckman mode]
    LIGHT IT. LIGHT IT NOW. STICK IT TO THE MAN, MUWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!
    [/duckman mode]

4. ReFredzRate

Nah... they're perfectly silver just like the buttons on my case. Looks sweet together. Why is my monitor still grey? ;)

(october 8) My cathode arrived today. I'll get it from my classmate tomorrow so I can start playing with it as soon as I get home, which is 1PM :lol:

Last edited: 8 Oct 2002
  5. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

please tell which keyboard that is!

6. ChenZen

ChenZen Minimodder

you'll find its a trust keyboard, where he ordered it from, i dunno, becus it was just released, contact meh i fu want one i tell ya where to get em.

link

have fun

7. ReFredzRate

It's seriously a Trust keyboard? I just ordered the thing and found no brand or anything written on the box. It just says it's a Multimedia keyboard... :eeek:

ALright I just checked. It really looks like a Trust keyboad except this one hasn't got any silver panels on it. Thnx anyway for gicing the suggestion it is a Trust. I think you're right.
    Trust

Last edited: 9 Oct 2002
  8. ReFredzRate

Cool update for everyone thinking I acquired a Trust keyboard, including me. It's NOT a Trust board, it's an EZKey keyboard...
    This is the keyboard I bought, it's the all black version of it :lol:

9. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

Neither of those sound like very promising names......

Kinda reminds me of somethign from fisher price.

"Now you can work on the computer just like Dad!"

Hahah... Oh well, if it works for you I guess that's all that matters.

Honestly though, you should carve out EZKey onto the keyboard somewhere and light it. Not only does backlit logos look cool, but then you could prostitute your EZKey keyboard! Hahaha.. I don't htink I'll ever get over that one I'm sorry......

10. ReFredzRate

MUHAA!! Dude, that's a good one. Maybe I'll really cut the logo out... nah I'm serious... LOL

Dunno yet what I'm gonna do to molest my board, but I think this one is just to errr.... stock? hehehehe. It's not really a promising brand, just like Trust (my mouse is a Trust actually LOL). They're just crappy but cheap as hell. The board is a great purchase though. The mouse? Nah, I think I'll get a new optical one asap.

Great blooper here: blown up the invertor for my cathode which I just got earlyer today.

Made the LCD I also got today (yeah, the mailman stops by often here...) fit into a grey little casing. Think the casing will be sprayed black, or maybe alu.

11. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

I've heard of people breaking their tubes before, but you blew up your invertor?! How?!

Also, cheers on the LCD, Where you gonna mount it? Or is it gonna be free standing? If it's free standing I'd say spray it alu to match the detail on your case.

Just reminded me suddenly of my one friend who bought a keyboard (needed one fast and cheap, his b0rked after meeting his full can of coke) so he just bought the cheapest, nearest keyboard. Cost him $5 canadian.

He opens up the box.

FRENCH KEYBOARD.

Instead of esc up in the corner he has echap :hehe:

It also has a third special key, he can hold shift to get the upper characters on is keyboard or this third one to get teh bottom characters... Kinda useful in that respect, he has both $ and the pound sign (as you can see my keyboard doesn't:naughty: )

12. ReFredzRate

The LCD will be mounted standalone :lol: Thinking of spraying the front panel alu and the rest of the casing black. Maybe even a red button for backlight...

I think I shorted the invertor somewhere. Probably has something to do with the switch in between the 12V source and the invertor. Getting myself a new invertor tomorrow. Seems like I have to break everything I buy for the first time and then get myself a new one... weird me...

Also thinking of getting myself a Hercules 3D Prophet 8500 LE 64MB and 1Gb of RAM. Helios just needs some 'minor' upgrades.

13. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

Personally I'd go all alu painting, but that's my fasination with shiny silvery colored things.

I dunno about that video card, but what do you need a gig of RAM for? What do you do on that thing? My 512 does my video editing and compiling and building just fine... Do you run like 255 instances of Windows XP or something?

EDIT: Granted, I want a gig of RAM iin this beast too, but that extra 512 is mostly for bragging rights... Mostly... I'd like to be able to run UT2k3 smoothly while compiling video :lol:

14. ReFredzRate

Personally, I dont even want to run UT 2K3 on this thing. I played the demo version, which I think, sucked big time. Could be the graphics card though. I haven't got a clue what I need the gig of RAM for, but 1Gb RAM sounds mighty cool doesn't it? :lol:
    I just like to run games together with download programs like KaZaA or Direct Connect. With 192Mb it kinda gets slow after about 5 minutes gaming.

The graphics card was reviewed as a great card (for as far as I know). Seems to be more stable then the original ATI Radeon 8500, so that supports my choice.

October 10th, 2002 :lol: Working on my switches to turn on my LCD, cathode and my 2 fans. I got myself a new cathode invertor.

Last edited: 10 Oct 2002
  15. ReFredzRate

HEEEEEELLOOOOOOO :D
    Now this is good stuff... I replaced the invertor with a new one. Look at this now
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. jake^the^cake

jake^the^cake What's a Dremel?

u got a real nice case there mate, but please repaint the yellow wires...

17. ReFredzRate

Dont think so. The cables will just be stuffed together more nicely but will remain yellow forever MUHAA!! It's not that I really like yellow but they look nice in this case I think. What color do you think they should be?:p

18. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

Looking good there.

[homer mode]
    mmm... bluuuuuuue.....
    [/homer mode]

I'd keep the yellow cables, they look good withthe case, nice contrast and they glow cool looking under the blue light, in you first pic I thought you had little green men running rampant through your case :D

19. ReFredzRate

I'll be honest with you... Actually, there were 20 little green men running around inside my case. I liked that a lot, but they started getting drunk more often. After a little while they started spilling booze over my harddrives etc. This wasn't such a good idea, so I killed all the little green men. What you see might even be an old picture, where the little green men are still running around :p ;) :D

20. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Im back from france (been there since 1st Oct - no net connection :eeek:) and my case is looking shabby... need to fix it up real bad... although im being sent off to Iran at the end of next week so i think its gonna have to wait :waah:

God damn. your case is looking sweet :D respect.