1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

project Helios ::New pics added 10th of October::

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ReFredzRate, 4 Sep 2002.

1. Reaper_Unreal

Reaper_Unreal What's a Dremel?

mmm... tasty... that's a very nice looking case! The only criticism (not even) that I have is that the blue doesn't look very bright up top, so you could add in a second cold cathode up top to give the case a better overall, even glow. Otherwise I'd say that it looks drooleriffic! (terrific + I'm drooling!) :eeek:

2. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

Dudes? I am proud to present my new graphics card: Geforce 4 Ti4200 64Mb 500Mhz DDR :D WOOOOT!! :eeek: It goes so fast it crashed windoews 98 when playing UT... So I installed XP. It's really amazing what a new graphics card can do.

I am not going to stuff in a second cathode. First of all I dont think it is worth the investment, because I will buy me a new computer anyway when I get of school and get a job. Will probably be my new modding project... :p But my opinion is that it is bright enough as it is, so I dont even need a 2nd cathode. I am working on getting an lcd running as well. It is nearly finished but I am afraid to have it screwed up already (again?) or if not, I will probably burn it anyway. I'm a mess with electronics I guess...

3. ReFredzRate

Didn't get the LCD running yet, because I had to replace some fans first. A few days ago my CPU fan seemed to be too noisy suddenly, it turned out to be my PSU fan in the end. At the point I discovered that I already had broken my CPU fan while testing it :sigh: So I ordered a few fans. I now have a YS-Tech fan running in my PSU, still waiting to be connected to my motherboard. Also, there's an YS-Tech fan running on my old Coolermaster heatsink, which I broke the fan from :eyebrow:
    So now, I'm running at 24 degreed Celsius stable, but when I shut my door and close my case, I can still here the thing sucking my case clean (and that's OUTSIDE my room) But hey, who cares as long as it's cold :)

4. Sh00ter

Sh00ter What's a Dremel?

5. ReFredzRate

Yay... These stupid cases are sold by thousands a week here in the Netherlands... crappy case :(

6. Sh00ter

Sh00ter What's a Dremel?

hey, its cheap and its served me fine, also something to practise on until i can afford a nice aluminium one! in fact the only negative thing is that i heard that pc world are now selling them! :waah: :waah: :waah:

7. ReFredzRate

awww don't cry... The case works for me as well, it's just too damn noisy. Could be the fans as well though :eyebrow: It works anyway, next time I want a schw33t big tower to stuff under my desk

8. Sh00ter

Sh00ter What's a Dremel?

yep noise is a killer all right, i got a volcano 7+, 7x80mm fans 3x40mm fans, but with them all running on 7v and the 7+ on low it aint too bad, but with everything on full.......
    do u think that the exaust fan on the psu is the loudest?? thats next on the cards for mine, get a nice quiet one in there and i think it will make all the difference:D

9. ReFredzRate

I got myself a new CPU fan and a new PSU fan. Those are the worst in my case. The 8x8 fan in front is very quiet though, just as the 6x6 in the back :lol: My Ti4200 doesn't make any real noise as well...

10. Sh00ter

Sh00ter What's a Dremel?

11. ReFredzRate

Finally!! Helios is finished. I know she will never be finished, but she is able to do everything I want her to do. There's nothing left that I can think of now...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Note the extra LED on the baybus housing, just behind the window. Right now the baybus has 2 audio output jacks, 4 switches, 1 master switch, 2 fan switches, 1 cathode switch. The wires inside are all wrapped except for the CPU fan wires. I think she's perfect. I want to marry her :D

12. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Think ive seen this case progress from the start... and its now finished :eeek: looking sweet :D

Well done :clap:

13. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

Quite. Agreed.

:clap:

Also, SAMURAI PIZZA CATS!

I LOVE that show.

I just wish it was still on......

14. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Yeah it was the best, i got all the episodes on VHS, currently ripping them to the PC ready for when i borrow the DVD Writer from work :D :naughty: :rock: