1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project: HourBeforeDawn, 10 of August

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by HourBeforeDawn, 27 Oct 2006.

1. ArcAngeL

ArcAngeL What's a Dremel?

Great work, Im envious... i think the phase machine would look great uncovered, if it just had a decent clean, it looks dusty... or perhaps cover it with soem mesh x and some perspex, which will semi hide it but at the same time keep it visible. Nice work, cant wait to see it all plugged up, ive been considering buying a phase unit for my future mod, but i think it might be out of my price range, and a bit of a risk, cause of condensation. which ill be looking forward to see how you get around that problem.

2. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

thanks everyone well from the responses I got from the various forums I will be going with the half window panel for the side of the case and I think I will be doing a mesh like cover for the phase cooler as well as do some paint touch up work to the cooler itself to make it look better as well, just to let everyone know Im taking a semi-break until the beginning of the year so you may not see to many updates until then.

3. Klekkus

Klekkus What's a Dremel?

I love this cube! Great work ;)

4. HourBeforeDawn

Alright here is a draft of the mesh cover that will be fitted over the phase cooler to give it a cleaner look, it will then be back lit with mini red cold cathodes.

[​IMG]

Also I got my custom etch done from HyperKore for the top window and well I am very happy with it, here are some quick pics ignore the fine dust and finger prints lol once I get it mounted in the side panel I will take some better pics. That will probably get done this upcoming Saturday.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

when there is a light source underneath the etch everything can be easily seen and read ^_^

5. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

ooo love the etch, did you design it yourself?

6. HourBeforeDawn

partly the angel is based off of someone else's work that I redid for this case so I added my own tweaks to it so I would say its like 70/30, 70% my work, 30% borrowed ^^

7. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

I know you have been working on this project for a few months, but I just discovered it.. Looking good.. I almost went with a Mountain Mods case for my current project, they are very-nice..
    How was your ordering experience with HyperKore ?
    That etch looks great.. !!
    Keep up the great work HBD..

8. HourBeforeDawn

oh hey modsquad woot I feel honored ^^ you posted in my thread hehe, my experience with HyperKore was awesome we worked on that image for about a week, the guy was great and overall well worth the $80.00 that it ended up costing me, I plan to do much more business with them again.

9. zhangmaster12

zhangmaster12 What's a Dremel?

WOW!!!!! i love that etch!!! great etch and cool writing too. keep it upp.

10. HourBeforeDawn

Alright repainted the outside of the HDD Brackets to red, the inside of the brackets are still black but wont be scene because of the HDDs, I think this will work better with the color theme.

[​IMG]

11. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

You have done great work here!

Keep up the good work! :thumb:

12. Heero195

Heero195 What's a Dremel?

This is shaping up to be one badass case. :rock:

13. Damouse

Damouse Thats no moon!

im sorry if i read over it, but what hardware are you gonna run on the build?

14. HourBeforeDawn

hardware at this time has not been chosen, That will happen when the case modifications have been completed.

Also folks sorry for the lack of updates but I have a lot of bills and school stuff that Im trying to get taken care of so because of that I havent had the funds for this case so thank you for those who are patient I promise the project will not be forgotten, I just need to take care of a few things first.

15. Edvuld

Edvuld Minimodder

This is looking great, hope you get time/funds to continue soon!

16. HourBeforeDawn

thanks, ya Im going to be getting some of the grill designs I did cut out and some other accent parts done hopefully this week, but ya I should be back full blown on this project in May/June.

17. zhangmaster12

zhangmaster12 What's a Dremel?

yay!!! woohoooo!!! yes im so happy project back on track : )

18. HourBeforeDawn

yes this project is back from the dead hehe, I will be able to start working on this project again, right now I am in the process of getting some grills I designed and accent pieces cut but that will be a little bit as I am going through my brothers high school which have a plasma cutter to do the work but getting access to that isnt easy its always in use >_<

Also Im going to start making the attempts at getting some sponsors who want their products shown off in this case, Im looking for hardware and water cooling material such as rads and the likes as well as lighting, I am also looking for a 22/24" LCD to then mod and go with the project so if you know a company or someone interested drop me a line, also a website will be going up for this build to further promote those who sponsor my build as well as those who helped and supported me through this project.

Oh and those who are curious to what Im getting cut, I did post a few pics earlier in the thread but lets just say they have been tweaked and greatly improved upon. ^_^

Last edited: 24 Apr 2007
  19. mario_cell

mario_cell What's a Dremel?

Wow u got a plasma cutter at "SCHOOL" :jawdrop:
    well, i also have access to 5 lathing and milling CNC machines at school, but a plasma cutter :waah:
    Do u have to control it manually or is it comp-controlled?

20. HourBeforeDawn

its an automated plasma cutter for 2d work, so I just make the image and it then plots it out. ^_^