1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PROJECT: HypErActiVE CrEEpY ThiN GuY

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Twunka, 12 Feb 2004.

1. Twunka

Twunka What's a Dremel?

hey all this is the first post of my first project log anyway on with the MODS

AIM: to make a Xaser2 5000 cool (again as this case was the shiznit when i first got it)

Design:
    [​IMG]

Front And top Views

anyway i will make a whole new front pannel and i'm not 100% sure if i will use my xaser (prolly will) or make a whole new case from scratch let me know what ja'll think

Edit: i've now decided to make my own custom xaser2k4 as the xaser is too big for me to use but it'll have alot of features that xaser's do :lol:

Last edited: 3 Mar 2004
  2. Cyberbob:-)

Cyberbob:-) Minimodder

First off, welcome to the boards. Hope you know there is no turning back now.... :dremel:

Now the only thing is why do you need 4 Drives? I'd remove the CD first off and maybe CD-R you can use the DVD-R to burn CD's. It will make it look less cluttered. Plus it will give you more room inside your case...

Can't wait to see some progress pics... :thumb:

3. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

Yeppers, I would keep the CDRW and DVDRW. I like to have a CDRW in addition to a DVDRW b/c my DVDRW only burns CDs at 24x whereas my CDRW burns at 48x :D

4. Twunka

Twunka What's a Dremel?

yep i have one question how much wattage will i need for 2 cd's 1 hdd and mobo (amd not Pflaw) and 1 fan (and possably 1 LCD

5. Twunka

Twunka What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

this is a plan of my case now (i had to change a tad) :dremel:

[​IMG]

this is my work area :naughty: all kinds of cool stuff i picked up a $2 jigsaw which rules the tools and i'm picking up my brand new dremel tomorrow for $40 aus from big W yey

[​IMG]

and this is my customised (brushed aluminium) PSU :lol:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this is the old side pannel from my old xaser and front door (this is why i like them) and that is just old warhammer paint (done by brush) and tin foil

6. Twunka

Twunka What's a Dremel?

ok i got my dremel today (soz bout the delay now onto some cutting of metal tomorrow

just a Q how many cutting disks does it take to do about a 50 cm cut in 2mm thick aluminium

7. Lordkronos666

Lordkronos666 What's a Dremel?

depends on the quality but of the thick red ones 3-4
    black fiber glass reinforced wheel: 1
    diamond wheel: like new after a complete modd of one of my tower

8. Twunka

Twunka What's a Dremel?

ok some cutting :dremel: started today but i run into trouble about 1/2 an hour in i only had 6 cutting disks and only managed to cut about 50cm (they were crape' cutting disks that came with my bodge dremel) but i had fun and all was good as i have now got some more disks (one of those 20 packs from dremel of the heavy duty ones) and with this i shall recommence cutting tomorrow.

now just a question if anyone knows of anything that i can use to make a bezel to go on the front.

also i am changing the name of the project to project hyperactive creepy thin guy. you'll find out why in later update but i'm sad as i have posted the most posts in my own thread :waah: and i never get any attention :waah: :waah: :waah: :waah: :waah:

9. Twunka

Twunka What's a Dremel?

Update time

ok now i have cut the bottem of the case today and the top just needs folding. tomorrow i am starting to rivet the bottem and drill some holes i also picked up a bunch of peices today from PC shope. i picked up my components for this PC

list as follows:
    2x 80 gig maxtor dimond 9 plus hdd's (one used as removable)
    1x 68x CD rom drive
    1x 48x24x48 burner
    1x floppy drive
    1x athlon XP 2100+ tbred core
    1x soltek 75drv5 mobo
    2x 256mb ddr 2100 RAM
    1x FX 5200
    4x ATA 133 cables
    1x floppy cable

i also picked up some parts for my chix PC
    DVD drive (i'll swipe that and swap it for the 68x cd)
    same burner as mine
    and she scores my old old old (hasn't been used in years) p3 933 and mobo

also i have the paint i'm gonna be useing. SATIN BLACK (you can get much classier (xcept brushed alu))

also 2moz i'm stating on the beziel :D post pix tomorrow :brrr:

10. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Wanna know why? No pics, no progress and its an Xaser case too.

11. Melov

Melov What's a Dremel?

Hey, nothing wrong with Xasers (cept those new ones are ugly as hell)!