1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project Iced Blood - Mayhems/Primochill Sponsored - COMPLETE 15/02/16

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by stealth80, 5 Feb 2015.

1. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Haha might just be the angle of the photo, its all gotta come out anyway for the radiators to be flushed :thumb:

2. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

I decided to drop the motherboard and PSU in the case tonight as a temporary fit just to see what extra cables I'm gonna need and basically to see how the fans look, and I love them lol :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For a start i need a braided 8 pin tax extender, cable is just long enough!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 5 Mar 2015
  3. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Just ordered a whole load of stuff including all the fittings, a 7th fan for the 240mm rad, the Mod My Toys Compression fittings, braid kits, pwm extenders, Sata adapters, Fan Controller (Bitfenix Recon, pretty much the only white fan controller!) and 2x pwm hubs. Will have a busy few days i think.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BB-002-BX

Also the Cable for the RoG Front Base was too short as i expected, got to cut this and inline splice some extensions to lengthen it as Asus don't make a longer cable!

4. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

So much room in these cases. Still considering the Core X1 for a mini-ITX build :)

5. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

This case is huge, if the wife wasn't getting a new Sofa and moving the living room around a little there's no way i could fit this in.

Today I got the partition wall finished with LEDs fitted to the acrylic, so now the wires are well and truly hidden! I also had a delivery which was made up of the primachill tubing, and the 45 and 90 degree fittings (12 of). I got most of the CPU loop complete but i don't have the white compression fittings yet for the GPU and I'm still waiting on some funds to buy the EK CPU, GPU and motherboard chipset block

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

So as the 240mm radiator was added later on into the planning stage, it also happened to form one of the lower points in the CPU loop. Therefore i needed to add an additional drain to the one already planned for the res. So this weekend i got that finished which required some metal work on the rear grill to provide an opening for the actual drain point:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Today i had a couple of deliveries arrive including the Bitfenix Recon fan controller, 2x PWM hubs, a braiding kit, 8 pin red extension and the final Enermax Vegas fan for the 240mm radiator. I spent quite a lot of time wiring everything up and tidying up the looms from the fans in the ceiling of the case and also tidied some of the wires around the back of the partition. I also braided the CPU loop pump wire and the front panel header cables:

[​IMG]

Got the wife to take the pictures as she better with camera than me, took the picture of the text with the lights off and no flash, but i think the exposure was too low, however the text doesn't appear as pink as normal lol

The front of the case, pretty much the only finished area : )

[​IMG]

Both fans fitted to the 240mm radiator:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New XSPC fittings fitted to the res/pump combos, wanted to use the black chrome ones which I already had but seems theres a global shortage of black chrome

[​IMG]

8. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

THINGS TO DO:

1) Cable management around motherboard area and towards front of case above the trunking.
    2) Wait :wall bash: for the rest of the White Compression Fittings to be shipped ..... fit those and route the tubing for the GPU loop once its here.
    3) Get the CPU block, GPU and Chipset Blocks ordered and fitted once delivered.
    4) Receive Mayhems coolants and flush kit and start bleeding/leak checks :clap:

9. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Looking awesome there! :thumb: Also, congrats on your MOTM nomination!

10. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Thanks !

11. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Really looking forward to getting this finished the EK blocks should look great. Unfortunately I have to RMA the Asus board as the MEI chip appears to be faulty :wallbash:

12. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Just ordered the remaining 2 red compression fittings and the chipset and CPU waterblocks and as some people have asked how the case looks externally at the moment i figured I should add some pictures. These were quite difficult to get right as the lighting in my room is quite dim and the flash seems to over power the colours in the case:

[​IMG]

Excuse the Intel Cooler, need something to keep that chip cool while she's been snapped!

13. Vognen

Vognen Minimodder

It's all coming along real nice! Keep up the work :)

14. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Thanks! Getting close to the finish, cable management needs improving and I will have some of the blocks soon can't wait, I've really enjoyed doing this :D

15. rrmitko

rrmitko Minimodder

Looks great:thumb:

16. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Hmm pictures are playing up, I'm in the process of uploading everything to imgur, but then i have to edit all the links ... :wallbash:

On a brighter note I've just had clarification from Mick at Mayhems that my package has been despatched with something pretty major as a bonus :thumb:

17. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

18. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Update 06/03/15

[​IMG]

Just had some goodies arrive from Mayhems!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A pretty large box in which contained:

2x 1 Ltr Pastel Red

[​IMG]

2x 1 Ltr Pastel Ice White

[​IMG]

1x 1 Ltr H2O Pure

[​IMG]

2x Blitz Pro 2
    2x 15ml Red Dye

[​IMG]

1x Blitz Clean Basic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and 2x something else .....

[​IMG]

Thanks again to Mick at Mayhems!

19. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

What's in the box ?

2x Mayhems 360mm Havoc Radiators! Quad pass, triple chamber, can't wait to try these, but first I need to paint the primer to match the case, back to annoying the wife!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice paint free threads!

[​IMG]

Ready for painting, a quick layer of white primer (although it's primed I feel going white needs to be over white primer ) before painting

[​IMG]

Using this months CPC to blank those fins almost made me cry!

20. Icelander

Icelander Minimodder

really like the white color paint job :)