1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Ignis (w/c mATX Case) -- BAWLS HOT MOD-ITB WINNER!!!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by 3N1GM4, 23 Mar 2004.

1. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

looking sweet man. Nice work.

2. Meelobee

Meelobee What's a Dremel?

The saw I used looks most like the coping saw u posted.

I used this: [​IMG]
    It's called a figuurzaag in Dutch, I assumed in English it's called a Figure-Saw..:yawn: (What are they called?)
    It takes loads of time to cut metal with one of these (there are metal blades for it) but the result is much better than u would get with a Dremel.
    Also, this doesn't have the risk of accidently making a scratch on the pannel.

I used it to cut this:

[​IMG]

3. Mondak

Mondak What's a Dremel?

I also really like the idea of multiple smaller holes rather than just one BIG hole. is the areas raised at all from what the case was originally? If so, how did you make sure it is even on both sides or from both directions?

Great work overall. I am following along until you are done.

4. ellism

ellism What's a Dremel?

looking great, love those four frunt ducts. bet that was anoying, the peices falling out n all. like it.

5. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 What's a Dremel?

actually it was quite easy, all i had to do was put a small piece of wood under them, and hot glue them to the front, and then slapped some bondo on them...

and they arent raised at all, they are all smooth, and even... looks great :D

6. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 What's a Dremel?

unless you were talking about the fan cut outs... and that wasnt really all to annoying, but more or less aggrivating...

7. JEEVES

JEEVES Minimodder

yeah thats a coping saw, just a much longer one than i showed. yes they are good to do detailed cuts (that is what i used to cut detail in all my previous wooden projects, not cases) but i would agree that there is no room for a slip up.

8. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 What's a Dremel?

well just ordered my new mother board and it should be here this friday :D :D :D no more random restarts... (one happened when i was typing my original response) so yeah im happy, got some work done today, nothing special, i'll wait till i have more for a substantial update

thanks to all who have been following this.. :D :rock: :dremel:

9. Xgamer

Xgamer What's a Dremel?

Thats a swcheet window man :rock: Keep up the good work :thumb:

10. JEEVES

JEEVES Minimodder

Update 3

woops using my bros comp, logged in as him,

11. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 What's a Dremel?

Update

Alrighty, let me start of with the finished side panel... cut sanded, bondoed, and sanded again

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

then i began on mounting the radiator....
    -------------------------------------------------
    first i drew out where i wanted it to be, after a couple of tries got it right...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

after some testing, i went ahead and cut it out
    [​IMG]

then i went ahead and screwed it down, and slid in the mobo (new YAY), here you can see how close of a fit it is in there, it is a tiny ass case...
    [​IMG]

due to power cords and ide cables, the rad will have to be mounted "upside down"
    [​IMG]

and here is a shot with the front on, looking into the radiator from the front
    [​IMG]

more to come in the following weeks, so yay, more work done, and more to come... :rock: :dremel:

12. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 What's a Dremel?

anybody :confused: :waah: :waah:

if anybody knows of a tiny pump that puts out a good amount of water, please let me know, b/c i dont think i am going to be able to fit my pump this tiny little case

13. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

wow thats a tiny case good luck fiting all those hoses.What are u planing to water cool. and just a suggestion ditch the sound card and use on board audio and put the pump there u should also put the res outside the case on the back mod on :rock:

14. slater

slater Mummy Says Im Special

Whats your budget? I would suggest a MCP600 or a DangerDen D4 they are both pretty small. The smallest pump i know of that is eaven worth using is the maxijet1200 they are quite tiny but performace is bad compared to the other 2

btw. This is looking great! :thumb:

15. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 What's a Dremel?

well, my budget is anything really.... some things can be pushed back, but right now i have around 90 bucks (US) and plan on getting a job really soon (its pretty much guarunteed) so i can save up then...

i am also thinking about trying shrink down a ATX or mATX psu and fitting it into THE spare 5.25 bay and putting my pum where the psu goes.... im not to sure on how easy it that would be, but i think i could do it... with the help of a few spare Heatsinks i have around here :dremel:

but if i go with the smaller pump i would need it to be no bigger (LxWxH) than a typical cdrom drive...

another option i have, is to buy a laptop CD/Burner drive and using that instead, and that would save me considerable room and would be enogh for the pump... :confused: :confused:

any suggestion would be great...

16. slater

Could you possibly hang it under those 3.5" bays somehow. I bet thats where i would put it. Possibly make a custom bracket :thumb:

17. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 What's a Dremel?

well the way the mother board is set up, i cant because of the atx power supply cable, the ide cables, and the floppy cables, the only one that really bothers me, is the atx plug... the ide cables are pretty slim and well, probably would fit fine... if you were wondering the pump i have now is the Eheim 1046... its still working after about 1.75 years of continues use...

right now it is the first time it has been off for more than a day, as it isnt even hooked up now and im running air cooling on my case right now :waah:

well its an innovatek kit, so the res is attached to the pump like so
    [​IMG]

i can turn the res sideways, that isnt a problem...

and im not about to ditch my audigy 2 :lol: becuase i have the 5.1 surround sound, and need mic/line-in inputs... i could move it up right under the vid card, but i would be afraid of heat... though i do have a side fan that will be blowing half on top of the vid card and half on bottom of it so both cards would be getting cooled...

the only parts im w/c right now is the cpu, but would like to get a northbridge and gpu blocks as well...

Last edited: 5 Apr 2004
  18. slater

Ok i still think it will fit you just have to get round these minor problems somehow i would definatly give it a try tho.

The only other way is to bolt it to the back of the cae where the exhaust fan is now. Thats what im going to do in my rig as theres alot of wasted space there. Athough i guess it can be too good for airflow

1046! and i think my 1250 is weak :rolleyes: What kind of w/c system are you going to be using 1/2" tubing? or is it one of those low performance, low noise, low cost jobbies? If you using a 1/2" system i would consider a better pump a very worthwhile upgrade :thumb:

19. Caffeind

Caffeind What's a Dremel?

interesting work so far, looking forward to the next post :)

20. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 What's a Dremel?

its the innovatek kit, ive had it for almost 2 years, and it has worked flawlessly... though a stronger pump may be a bit better i suppose...

it uses 3/8 tubing if irc... im not to sure on what other pumps put out, but 5 l/m isn that bad is it?... :(

thanks for all the reply's and i might have another update in a lil bit, but for now, i need to wait on a few things in the mail... :D