1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Industrial Hell update overall pics 11.14.2005

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by flacowboy, 11 Oct 2005.

1. flacowboy

flacowboy What's a Dremel?

this is new/old mod that i am doing it is a old case that i modded last year sorry no pics and got in such a hurry that i didnt take any pics before i started but as it is it just a antec case i think its the 1040 anyway i am not sure where this is going yet my gf has given me a few ideas anyway on to the pic as of now i am doing the front bezel i am adding plexi to the both the drive bays and the lower vents this is what i have so far and i am think of doing a lightening and rain themed mod so on with the pics well in the middle of this i did change my mind of course and am now doing a industrai mod the outside is going to look like a old old factory well here you go
    coments welcome here project industrail hell

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 14 Nov 2005
  2. flacowboy

update

here we go agian here i am working on the roof of the factory getting it ready to prime i am going to have it look like it been somewhat caved in the is the reason for the long window i am going be useing a felt time cover over this opening and hole in the roof for blow holes on with the pics

[​IMG][/IMG] this is before it been sanded but the window cut

[​IMG][/IMG]

sanding and sanding and sanding

[​IMG][/IMG] here my bird wanted to help
    [​IMG][/IMG]

this was a small up date

Last edited: 8 Nov 2005
  3. flacowboy

update

here is the start of the off side very time consumeing and tedius but worth it i am useing balsa wood and bass wood strip to simulate brick work i used a hacksaw blade to score the wook every inch and then glued them on to the off side
    [​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG] close up o fthe scores

[​IMG][/IMG]
    here is the start of the off side

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

4. flacowboy

here i am working on the front of sorts i want to have steps coming on it leading to a doors that can open and close depending on weather the puter is on or off as the rad will be behind the doors and i made these with sculpy i wanted them to look old and degraded and i made some of the lighting elements as will i made hanging lamps shades dont worry about how rough they look as they will be painted to look rusty and chipped on with the pics [​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG] this is a close up looking cracked and beat up

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

hope u like please comment

5. flacowboy

update time

this is a bout 5 to 7 hours worth of work if not more this is the left side with done all but the attaching the winsdow though it is cut i am debating weather to tint the window or leave it clear i wanted this to look like it was there was a hole blow or busted in the side that u see thru

[​IMG] i used cutoff disks to space the peices

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/flacowboy/205745.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/flacowboy/205644.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]]

[​IMG]]

[​IMG]

i used fleck stone paint to paint this this paint also gave it a stone like texture and i really wished that i had a better cam to show you guys how well it really came out it look awsome i am gong to try and browwer a good cam so i can get some decent pics hope that yopu like this so far and any comment is welcome as of now i am waitng on the store to get some more wood strips as i have bought them out they are supose dto get some more on sat and i hope to get the right side done then i am working on that now am cutting some windows in in will have a update soon i hope have a good nite

6. flacowboy

please let me know what you think as this is my first major mod any feedback is good feedback this rig is going to be water cool and i need some ideas that i can use to cover the pump up as i want it to look industrail any help?

7. TMM

TMM Modder

I love the stone texture, it looks awesome! :dremel:

8. flacowboy

thanks it was my g/f idea to tell the truth i was just going to go witha flat grey this came out much much better

9. Wicked Li'l Bender

Wicked Li'l Bender What's a Dremel?

Just one or two Ideas...
    (1) Use some grey tinted putty and a toothpick (slightly different from the brick color) and use it as a grout between the bricks... annd then put some thin, but rough looking layer on the brick tops where the exposed tops in the blowout area are.
    (2) In the blow out area, make some of the bricks look slightly skewed away from the side of the case, like they had been disturbed in the blowout.
    (3) Paint the inside of the case to look like a cement floor and walls. then using yellow and black "caution" lines to mark out safety areas and hazard areas (like around fan intakes) and Voltage warning labels on the wiring. You can even extend that if you are using water cooling to read "Warning: High pressure line" Or "Live Steam line"
    (4) Have fun!

10. flacowboy

had already planned on the tape deal and the paint inside but thanks for the thoughts

11. SGT_Snacks

SGT_Snacks What's a Dremel?

It's looking great :D I really like it

12. papeniglio

papeniglio Minimodder

I admire your patience and attention to details!! :rock:

Very original.... Keep working on it!

13. flacowboy

oh i am i am hopeing to get it grouted today i am testing a clear on the brick at the moment casue if you dont seal it with clear it will wash away with water easy i am going to put a black grout line in i hope have to do a lot of testing first and see how it looks and how hard its going to be

14. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

Your project looks awesome. I was just thinking that maybe the brickwork would be slightly black and grimey down at the bottom, and near the tops of chimney stacks it would be all black and sooty.

Are you going to make your own water cooling pipes? You could make some cool industrial looking ones. And perhaps make a resevior that looks like an oil tank. (like these)

It looks amazing so far, keep us updated! :D

... one more thing.... It would be seriously awesome if you made a chimney that smoke/steam came out of. :thumb:

15. flacowboy

not sure what the res is going to be i was thinking about a electrcal box but that may change the tank inst a bad idea not sure of the pipes yet they may be tudes inside conduit that is worn that so u can see the water flow thru the i am leaning toward red water

16. SGT_Snacks

SGT_Snacks What's a Dremel?

Red water, and make the inside seem steamy "Not with real water, obviously" to give it a warm, or baking look, yet be freezing :) Some class Irony

17. flacowboy

maybe i am looking at yellow leds and dim white one hanging from the top of the case and red leds lighting the bottom aimming up

18. noobidoo

noobidoo What's a Dremel?

pics don't work

19. flacowboy

seem to be working for me
    just checked them and they all working

20. flacowboy

have just finished retraceing all the mortor joints in the side panel i like how it looked but the more i looked at the more i saw that the lines were blured i also clear coated the side as the paint i used to make the brick look like brick wasnt water poof i have to work today so that is good for the clear then tonite when i get home i am going to fill in the joints with a black mortor i did a test peice and i love how it looked so should have a pic update tonite or in the morning
    you woudnt belive how tedius that was lol but at least it looks a lot better and more even see ya later