Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Rekarp, 4 Jul 2004.
Looking real good there... keep up the good work.
Quick update. Went to fry's tonight and picked up my psu, HD, and socket
I ran into a problem with the psu and hinge. The hinge's bolts keep the psu from sitting flush on the case.
i will be replacing the switch on the psu with the socket
Oh yah i found anoughter snag with the door lock and the radiator. The cam lock hits the radiator preventing it to close. this will be fixed tomarrow.
Thx everyone for all there support in my project
mmmmm looks good m8, what size of HDD is that? just wondering
Its a western Digital, 160gig, 8mb cache, 7,200 rpm. I got it for 59.99 after $30 rebate
Crap thats a good price. If it was sata I'd ask for one
Hmm... almost makes me want to mod the compaq my mom uses. That a presario 7000? Looks just like ours although we picked up the green front for it. Actually ours has 3 5.25" bays so it's probably a different model. "THE Athlon 800MHz processor" could do with an upgrade though... shame it's slotload. Maybe it would take any mATX board though, can it take a standard PSU as well?
Nice work so far. That heatercore is sure a beast... looks like it just barely fits in there.
Today i fixed the issues of the closing door and the hinges preventing the psu from fitting. I soldered the socket in and mounted it in the psu to. I have run it to anouther problem tho. Seems that i have 1/2" clearance between the door and the radiator and pump. This will make my window mount reservor very thin. I could make one side thinner than the other side like this
The front will be UV reactive and the rest will be regular plexi.
First i removed the top of the psu and disconnected the switch. The switch was connected by 2 brown wires so these were clipped off.
Next i conneted the two brown wires from the switch
with a cap. I then drilled a hole in the side of the psu to allow the pump cord to enter.
I then soldered the ends of the pump to the socket, leaving the black end of the pump off and connecting a red wire for a switch that will turn of the pump.
Put back together
I then fixed the cam lock with a washer. This allowed enough clearance between the radiator and the cam lock.
Heres what the case looks like right now
Close fits all around
Now i have to wait till i get the rest of my parts and plexi in before i can continue.
ha ha ha looks sweet, and don't worry bout the room cause what is modding without a challenge?!?!?!?
Looking good so far
Can't wait to see the finished thing, the concept looks great
Hang on, i think i missed something here.. why did u put an addition connector? i read the theread, (well most of it ) can u explain?
That's a bit dangerous.... exposed AC terminals. Or I completely mistook that and that's the new power plug for the pump so it can use a normal power cable.
I guess it helps to read the post more carefully. But oh well I'm too lazy to go back and cancel this post.
Hey what kinda slot fan was that for you graphics card?
Hey, this is really dangerous
Don't you know, what happens when somebody puts his fingers into the terminal?
Was thinking the same thing, i guess if u want a new hair style...
The socket is hooked up to the pump??
yeah. but if it isnt for some reason, and the computer is on (thinking about this, this probly won't happen) but they'd be exposed...
But no power is going to the socket intill the pump is pluged in, covering the socket. Ill go back and edit it to make it more clear in a little bit with better pics.
Ah, now i understand, you just use it to get the cable for the pump into the case and it isn't connected to the psu plug
Then it's ok
But i would have done something more usefull, so you need to plug in two cables....
You could have connected the pumpcable directly to the psu plug
So you would just need one cable.
I stuck on this mod untill i get my arcylic in. But i did order my mobo and other components for it. Updates next week!
Well i got alot done over the weekend so klets go to the pics!
first i sleeved the psu
I took of the cover first
My female molex remover
Removed plugs and floppy connectors
Sleeved and heatshrinked
Removed ATX connector via paperclips
Completed except a good paint job
Next i did my fan rheobus. Used the plans that i found on bit-tech except no leds yet.
Topside. For the heatsink i cut up a old p1 one.
I also wired in a switch for 12volts since i cant get it thu the bus
well for my first major soldering job i think i did very well
Separate names with a comma.