Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Rekarp, 4 Jul 2004.
Next relocating the drive button.
spots to solder
Cutting and polishing the diamond plate. My diamond was scatched and banged up when i got it so i decied to polish and buff it out since it was aluminum
Guild set up for the jig saw
Blade is a medium cut bi-metal jigsaw
Before on left and after sanding, buffing, polishing on right
still have scratches from the polish will fix soon
list of products used in order of application
fine metal sandpaper
Turtle Wax Rubbing compound
Meguiars Scratch X
Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish
Lookin' good. How much did that metal cost you?
got it for $14 shipped from ebay
Questions?? Comments?? Comeon people I would like some feedback. Bad Good?? Anyways I painted the case today and its great. will post pic tomarrow when i get a camera!
i like, seems to be going good. love the whole diamond plate idea
Not a bad job on the modding, though your soldering could use a little work .
I love the diamond plate. I can't wait to see how the case turns out.
great finish mate! did you pollish before you used rubbing compound?
I like it so far, but your soldering isn't that good.
yah yah im just started soldering. I prefer the dremel Well i painted the case, finished the psu, and the DVD-rom cage. I placed the mesh in the vents and finally its all coming together.
For the psu i stripped off the paint and sanded it down to give it a somewhat mirror shine.
I did the same to the DVD-rom
the case as is
Looks Good! Very professional look to it...
Almost impossible to tell it started as a Compaq... nice work!
Nice work there!
I just love the diamond-plate
oh dude that looks so sweet, i just can't put my thought into words!!!
thanks for all the support guys (and maybe gals)
Well i set up the system today outside the case to install all the stuff and make sure every thing worked and it did . I ran it with a stock heatsink since im still waiting on the plexi for the reservor. I also made some memory heatsinks for my 5200. The system is as follows: Chaintech 7NIL1, 2500+ Barton, Geforce FX5200, 512 Cosair Valueram, 160 gig WD HD, DVD-rom, 350 watt generic psu
Well heres the current setup
things i have to do
Complete the drive cage by taking off all paint
relocating DVD-rom led to panal
Leds for top vents
test the water cooling system
some how light up front fan intakes via behind the radiator (probuly cold cathod)
Mount all parts and put it together
never thought, that the case would look so good, really great work
proof positive that you can mod away and use mesh and checker plate and not have it look like someon has driven it though a Halfords* window display backwards
*car spares / modification shop for the Americans, noted for a particularly fine brand of gaudy crap
OMG where did you get that alarm clock? The yellow is soooo 2005
sry for the delay in post. i had no access to a camera. And yes that clock is from the year 2005 lol (seems a mod is itstore for it )
Well i did alot of electronics and stuff like that. Got 2 peices fo arcylic in .waiting on the rest.
This is the finished piece of arcylic. This will be the back side of the reservor.
THe window sticker was from directron. It was made very well, does not come unstuck. I drilled 2 holes of the appropriet size and screwed in the barbs, no tapping required. Note when drilling arcylic go very slow. Will keep you from cracking it
Under some UV action
The fans have been led. I ran 4 green leds in series connected to the 12 volt line
Some eye candy
But some bad news. After placing the components in i realized the weight cracked the bondo here
So i cut the bondo with a blade and I added epoxy to the joint to make sure it wont move. This will then be covered with a filler and sanded and painted with the final coat.
After the case is done i will do the keyboard and mouse
Separate names with a comma.