1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Industrial Progress 12/29/04

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Rekarp, 4 Jul 2004.

1. JavaDog

JavaDog What's a Dremel?

Sucks about the bondo, a lot of people don't realize that bondo is only for filling small gaps/holes and not for structural use.

Structural use, Tiger Hair (bondo with fiberglass in it) or actually using Fiberglass and Resin, those would be the best.

Either way, very nice case, can't wait to see it finished... :thumb:

2. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

man that does suck about the weight CRUSHING the bondo, but like Java Dog said fiber glass, mmmmmm fiber glass good stuff, well anyway remod the broken mod!!! ( the bondo that is)

3. Silenced`

Silenced` What's a Dremel?

nice and clean mod :jawdrop: :rock:

4. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

great work here - brave stuff too (eg soldering on the CD Drive when you haven't done much before).
    (Don't be put off by the lack of comments - people just haven't seen the thread yet.)

Keep us updated... :thumb:

5. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

It's got a cool industrial look to it indeed. /me like!

6. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

Oh no i got on the second page... :duh:

Well with school and all i can only work on this on weekends

I painted my keyboard and waiting for the leds to light it.

The surrounding edges of the board will be fitted with some aluminum to keep the look from the case.

After i saw some person on this site build a heater core shroud out of arcylic and mount it on top of his case (dont remember the name) i decided to rebuild the shroud. Its almost done but i ran out of arcylic.

And i wonder if anyone has thought of this but think of a glow pad and stick it under a case. You get this effect.

well thats it for now

edit/ pis removed because they are gone :duh:

Last edited: 11 Oct 2004
  7. Cisko

Cisko What's a Dremel?

nice mod , i like it :thumb:

8. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

opps double post

i also fixed the bondo by just dremeling it out and i left the seam there. doesnt look bad at all

edit/ same

9. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

well tommarow i will get the leds (hopefully) and my mouse comes on friday.

I also decided to add a switch on the keyboard that will open the dvd-rom like a mac.

suggestions, comments?? has anyone done the glowpad under the computer or am i the first???

10. Poppa_joe

Poppa_joe What's a Dremel?

The glow pad is sweet but I have seen them done before. Nice work on the case. Are you planing on puting any diamond plate on the frount of the case? I think a small peice would look nice and follow the theam well.

11. huren

huren What's a Dremel?

shucks nice mod there man , loving the treadplate and the wiring ;D

12. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

thx people for support. Well i finished the shroud, painted and all. Ran into problems tho. First the shroud was thicker than the older one so i had to cut iff more material off the motherboad shelf.Then the cam lock needed to be adjusted. That was fixed by addng anoughter washer (still rubs it but its good). Mounted the motherboard and almost everything. I still have to finish the electronics and such. Its very confusing to look at (so many wires!!!). I have to finish the front piece of plate to make it shinny :D . Got my mouse its a MX300 and im going what zap did to his except no window. LEDs failed to arrive from LSDiodes and hoping they will be here monday :sigh: . Just have to do lots of little things to it. Dont have pics because my mom has the camera so hopefully ill get it tommarow.

13. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

Update

:clap: Yah a long over due update. Well the case is nearing completion but i need to do alot of work on the keyboard and lots of wiring as you will see. The watercooling is running but i have not pressed the big on button because of the wirering issue. The mouse has a new led :D . The keyboard still need to be fitted with 18 leds and a switch so thats a daughtly(sp?) task. The reservor is finaly done with some setbacks like leaks and stuff (all fixed). The shroud is done but i dont have pics outside of the case for it. Well pictures are better than words so here they are!

the reservor completed!! The water level isnt all the way up. Also i havent checked the flow rate of the pump yet but its moving very fast.

The shroud in all of its glory. It took alot of effort to get it to fit. I had to cut the motherboard mount just to fit it. Motherboard comes within a mm of it. The shord is built like a pocket were the heater core can slid out so i can replace the fans if needed.

The inside with the mess of tubes and other things

The mouse was the most nervous part of this mod yet even tho it just was replacing the led. I have never soldered something that small. I replaced the red one with a green 7600mcd from lsdiodes and then wired a 18000mcd with a 22ohm 1/2 watt resistor to the 5 volt source in the mouse. This one is the one that lights the optical part. I have to say that the mouse seems to track better with the brighter one than the red led.

And the wired mess in front of the case. Time to clean it up

:eeek: :hehe: :duh:

Questions and comments are wanted..... wait a minute they are needed!! needed!!

edit/ pis removed because they are gone

14. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

First off let me just say that this looks really cool so far. I saw this at the begining and thought it looked cool and it has (is) turned (turing) out to be nice.

I was in the middle of doing it. Thought of it a while ago after i saw the original glow-pad. Dang and i wanted to be one of the first

15. PhatMatt

PhatMatt What's a Dremel?

Where did you get the UV plexi and how much did it cost?

16. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

I'm def digging the modded mouse, haven't seen a green one before and I must say it looks excellent and fits nicely with the rest of the mod. Keep up the good work :thumb:

17. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

Thankyou
    right here
    It was like $12 without shipping.

Thankyou but i got the idea from zap's ammo box.

Well the water level is all the way to the top of the reservor and is in the process of leak testing. If i come back from school and no leaks than i will tackle the mounting of it on the side of the case

18. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Is it just me or is one of those tubes being bent, smushed, etc?
    [​IMG]

Once that mess in front of the case is cleaned up ;) This will look awesome. Good work. :)

19. -Enforcer-5716M4

-Enforcer-5716M4 What's a Dremel?

So you simply changed the led?
    [​IMG]

Can I do this to my mx500,or is it a slight chance that I'd might mess it up?

20. H2O-G33K

H2O-G33K What's a Dremel?

Nice reservoir - I did something similar a while back, but yours looks much smoother :)