Well, this is my first mod. I was hesitant to post it here since there are some absolutely amazing case mods, and all I'm doing is hacking up an old Powmax budget case to make it a little prettier and more efficient. After receiving a good bit of positive feedback from friends online and off, I decided to go ahead and give it a go. One thing those other, amazing ground-up mods and my little fixer-upper have in common is a huge level of anal-retentiveness. I'm a perfectionist, and hopefully that will actually come in handy for once with this project. Please, feel free to provide me with feedback and suggestions. As I said, this is my first mod and I'd love all the help I can get. First, I'll introduce myself and my PC. I'm Will, 24, and a Software Analyst for the USAF. I learned quickly after enlisting that mixing play and work is a bad idea. I'm retraining into something more physical (and fun) next enlistment. I'm going to college online, and I've been happily married 4 years. My marriage and job severely limit the amount of time and money I can invest into this (or any other) project. This is my PC. It isn't all that much to look at...I'm on a budget. POWMAX case 450W POWMAX Power Supply ECS K8T800-A Socket 754 Motherboard AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Newcastle Core 1.6Ghz Processor (OC'd to 1.8Ghz) 2GB Rosewill DDR400 SDRAM ASuS N6600 AGP 8x nVidia 6600GT VGA Card NEC 16x DVD-R DL 2x Maxtor MAXLINE III 7L250R0 250GB IDE Hard Drives 15" Westinghouse LCD We'll start off with some stock pics of the case in it's original form. Unfortunately, I wasn't expecting to do a worklog of this until after I got started on it. Actually, please expect some inconsistency with the pics throughout this project...I only get the camera when my wife's not using it, and I kept forgetting to take pics early on. My apologies. Front view: Side open view: Rear view: As you can see, it has a clear panel on the side, which I'm not a huge fan of in the first place. I'm more of a clean, sleeper style guy. There's also very little room for additional airflow in the case. The lack of airflow was causing every single component I could monitor to yell at me that it was overheating. To solve this problem, I went REALLY ghetto at first. I ordered 4 Thermaltake 8cm fans, rated at 27CFM and 21DbA. They're quiet, and flow decently. Here come the pics for my original idea. I originally wanted to use the fan mounts that are obvious on the front of the frame, but I couldn't mount behind them due to the HDD rack, and I couldn't mount in front of them because they wouldn't fit behind the ugly Bull/Fox/Whatever head in the front. So I mounted them on top of the mounts and against the frame itself using bolts/nuts into the 3 1/2" drive bay section. I also filled in the rear with exhaust fans and the side with another intake fan. I mounted yet another intake fan in the PCI slots to blow across the Zalman cooler for the video card with bolts/nuts, too. Like I said...Ghetto. With a capital "G." Side, Open. Front, Closed. Side, Closed. Rear, Closed. Being the anal-retentive perfectionist I am, obviously this would not do for long. Plus, I got the build-fever...you know what I'm talking about. So I set to work sketching my project and breaking the whole case down. I'm not going to detail that process here, just get to the good stuff.