1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress project:K.I.D (disaster 28/12/07)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by khanage0, 2 Sep 2007.

1. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

You're in... It's just a matter of time. Besides, did you really want to compete against Coolmiester? That would suck no matter what you build.

2. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

There are about 3 mods right now that i think should be in motm, and the slr is the only one of the three in there :confused: Where is bsg and kid? I think you'd win over slr, i love slr, mainly because of it's side panel/window. Your case has many excellent features, from the paint to the side & front panels, now the interior features... I'd say keep it up, don't be in a rush, and you will be in next month's motm along side bsg, which i think would be a very close match - so even if you didn't win, at least you'd have fought with some great competition :rock: which is an honour i think :D

3. khanage0

khanage0 Minimodder

thanks for the commets guys:thumb:
    wanna get it done soon so probs gonna be finished before the next MOTM,like i said before im not gonna stop or slow down just on the off chance that i get nominated,at the mo im on a bit of a roll with it so dont wanna disrupt it or get into a situation where i don't wanna do it if ya get what i mean.
    i really don't expect to win,but its the thought that im doing this an people think its worth putting in that matters to me,but hey this is my first but not last project so maybe next time

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

If you keep updating regulaly, you'll keep us all Happy!

5. khanage0

khanage0 Minimodder

don't worry man i'll keep updating till its all finished an that includes the case feet:D.....lol
    take ur time mate an maybe it wont be finished as soon as i thought;)all the hardware in an running but not finished so it'll still be a project....hmmm

thanks again for all the support guys:thumb:

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

You know, I completely forgot about them...

You want the 4 from Watery after a quick polish?

7. khanage0

khanage0 Minimodder

how long are they mate?

8. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

9. khanage0

khanage0 Minimodder

got a couple more bits today:D

first up is a new display for me phase unit,the one that came with the unit was an orangy/yellow one which really was'nt gonna fit in too well with the case so i started searching for a blue one,after a couple of hours searching the net i was left scratching me head,the only one i could find was green an that was £48+delivery:(so i thought where else may have them an thats where good'ol'Ebay came to the rescue i eventually found some one selling 2 white ones so that was gonna have to do an i was well happy £25inc delivery:Dfair enough not the blue i was after but better than what i had
    [​IMG]
    after plugging it in i was even happier caus it seems more blue than white:D

the other thing i got was L.E.D's 20 uv ones to be exact and resistors so i can have them wired into groups of 3 or singular an 10 m of wire to hook them up
    [​IMG]
    i wired some up to see what they were like an they seem very directional so im gonna have to install the loop an hardware sooner than i really wanted caus im gonna have to use the pc an work on it at the same time caus the hardwares in the pc im using at the mo:sigh:but im hoping to get the loop an hardware in over the week end.its gonna be a big step in the project caus i really wanted to get some more done before doing it.but on the brighter side the cpu's gonna be sub zero:D

theres still loads i wanna do so this project is far from finished(polished rad grill for the inside,more cable management,probs more alluminium and whatever else i think of in the meantime)

any suggestions/requests welcomed

10. Cyprio

Cyprio G5 Supermodder

Regarding the UV LEDs mate if you want them to be 'softer' and not directional i have heard you can sand the glass a bit...

11. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Sounds excellent :thumb: and roughening/sanding the leds as cyprio said will help disperse the light.

12. Teyber

Teyber ******

nice! you shoulda hit me up though, chilly1 sells a blue and a red one for 25$, just plug it into the k-type probe. thats like what... 13 euro?(or pound w/e)
    nonethe less thats a beautiful temp diplay
    anyways im lovin it

13. khanage0

khanage0 Minimodder

Cyprio;thanks for the tip man,think im gonna use em more as spots tho hoping it'll look more effective throu the window just seeing the tubing,suppose it'll work to my benifit fitting the loop an phase before the lighting,at least i can get the lighting exactly how i want it rather than how i think i want it.
    4mvagusta;thanks dude
    Teyber:duh:gonna be looking out for another display soon man,im gonna be making a caddy for my dvd an wanna wire another display into it not sure what type of display but i'll let ya know if i need to find out more bout the chilly1 one

really looking forward to ythe weekend now :Dlook out for a BIG MAJOR update probably sunday:thumb:

14. khanage0

khanage0 Minimodder

well ive got the water loop an phase all done:D all filled an leak testing as we speak an so far all is good,cant post any pics at the mo caus im on the kids pc.

i honestly cant beleive ive got this far,still got hell of alot to do but its turning into the pc ive dreamt about for months,im just so happy its unbelievable:D
    imho its looking hell of alot better than i ever thought it would an its nowhere near finished yet.

only real problem ive got at the mo is where to mount the hard drive caus its a fair bit tighter than i thought it would be,but i am gonna be making a caddy for the dvd so i'll probs make it bigger to accomodate the hd an possibly a small tft screen all moulded an painted to compliment the case obviously

will post pics tommorow when ive finished the leak testing an its all running an i hope you'll agree its looking good

15. khanage0

khanage0 Minimodder

gonna be a bit of a delay on the pics :sad: killed me mobo when i instaled the water,not a leak but the board just wouldnt post :cry:
    got another one tho today an the pc's running fine :D but the wiring an stuffs all over the place,gonna do a tidy up tommorow then pics will be posted :up:

16. theAlien

theAlien I know what a Dremel is....

to bad that the 1st mobo is dead ............ just good that you already have a new one :thumb:
    eagerly waiting for pics ................

Alan

17. khanage0

khanage0 Minimodder

sorrry for the delay in posting pics,in all the chaos of re doing everything with the new mobo i seem to have lost me card reader:duh: an only just found it lurking in the bottom of a box of bits of pipe an stuff....lol,so will get pics posted soon:thumb:
    another bit of bad luck i had was the new phase screen dieing on me:sigh: so now im back to the greeny one.
    only had time to clock the cpu to 3.6 at the mo but its sitting at a cool -42:brrr: in desktop according to speedfan an the evaporators at -47 according to the mach display,anyone know what the most accurate software is for monitering -temps?

18. khanage0

khanage0 Minimodder

more bad news:waah:all the pics i took of the blocks being fitted are either screwy or not there at all,im having a run of reall bad luck at the mo.

but heres some pics of the loop all installed just before filling,will take some pics of the loop all filled an working just as soon as ive had a chance to get the cabling tidier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

still alot i wanna do but its starting to take shape now:D

19. Supergnome

Supergnome What's a Dremel?

Nice!!!

Case is looking very good, makes a big differance having the black motherboard in there rather than the MSI one you used to size it all. Must have been a right pain getting that board back out, and the new one in.

Pleased to see it's all going in the right direction now tho, but what we're all waiting for is the first screen shots of the overclocking, try not to pop anything.

20. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

once again mate i love this pc.

i really want it and think that this will be a good entry for cpc

Tags: