1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Lament: HellRaiser Cenobite PC -=FINISHED=-

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ARTbyTROY, 24 Feb 2005.

1. Slink

Slink B7

I can only see this winning countless awards.

Well done that man.

2. ARTbyTROY

ARTbyTROY Mod it Til it Bleeds!

Ladies and gentlemen...

We have first POST!

Pressed the button on the box and it fired right up, video on the little LCD and everything... bit of bad news now, after extensive troubleshooting I have determined that the slim line CDRW/DVD is defunct (there is in fact a blank CD now stuck in it). I have contacted the company I bought it from and now await a call back... I hope they are cool about it as it has only been a month since I bought it.

[​IMG]

I am hopeful that I get an RMA without any "You were using it other than intended" BS, still happy though even if I have to foot buying a new drive... the monster kicks and breathes, it is alive.

3. Pistol

Pistol Guest

Dude, it KICKS?! I didn't see anything about legs in the log!!

jk, lol, great work on the face, its sculpted very well

4. ARTbyTROY

06/08/2005 Update... Finished.

I am not going to worry about the slimline CDRW/DVD drive being broken for now, I can replace that later and use the USB 2 CDRW/DVD drive to install Windows. I am calling this one done.

[​IMG]

http://www.casemodgod.com/Hell183.jpg

Below shows everything all lit up and the momentary keyboard button that controls the UV LEDs for the eyes is pressed.

[​IMG]

And with the Lechter mask on...

http://www.casemodgod.com/Hell185.jpg

Looking down itnto the head, a red Laser LED in the forehead and the Laserpod do a nice job lighting up the brain etch.

[​IMG]

Here is a shot of the ceiling... mmmm, lasers.

[​IMG]

http://www.casemodgod.com/Hell188.jpg

The pictures don't give the full effect of this mod, there are lights in motion that just don't come across in pics.

[​IMG]

http://www.casemodgod.com/Hell190.jpg

[​IMG]

http://www.casemodgod.com/Hell192.jpg

[​IMG]

http://www.casemodgod.com/Hell194.jpg

The back of the mod looks as good as the front...

[​IMG]

http://www.casemodgod.com/Hell196.jpg

[​IMG]

Fill port and red LED switches...

[​IMG]

http://www.casemodgod.com/Hell200.jpg

[​IMG]

Had to add the final touch...

[​IMG]

Lastly, the keyboard, mouse and mask...

[​IMG]

I will install WindowsXP on it later tonight and post some more pics...

5. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Active Member

WOW!
    Amazing work.

6. kaotic504

kaotic504 New Member

that is truely wicked!

7. ARTbyTROY

Thanks, I am just glad its over.

Check out the new HellRaiser mod video, 2+ minutes of a mod in motion... Windows movie maker rocks.

8. Sheldog23

Sheldog23 New Member

That is too good. A great tribute to Hellraiser and horror.

So what do you plan to do with it now? I mean is this going to sit on a desk in your den and be you daily gaming PC? I think that might creep me out late at night.

9. ARTbyTROY

I haven't really decided what I am going to do with it now... other than knowing I am going to enter it in as many mod contests as I can. It is one of those things, if I got rid of it I think in the long run I would end up wishing I still had it. Plus I know what went into it (time, effort, money) and if I were to ebay it I doubt it would go for near what I feel it is worth. I collect horror anyway and "Lament" would be the coolest piece of horror memorabilia in my collection... unless I get offered stupid amounts of money for it I am leaning toward keeping it.

Your second question stumped me bad, I have been so wrapped up in figuring out if/how the mod could be done and doing it that I never really thought about what I was going to use it for if/when it was done. If I do make it my den gaming PC and it begins to creep me out I will just throw a blanket over it, like that kid did in Poltergeist when the toy clown was eyeballing him.

10. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

Red x's?

site down?

11. Pitbull

Pitbull New Member

to hot:|:| nice work

12. Sheldog23

Sheldog23 New Member

That scene scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. Totally changed the way I viewed my toys. I don't think the blanket would help the creeps at all..you'd think they might even make it worse. :worried:

That would be cool the have in a den full of Hellraiser collectibles though. Congrats on having the coolest den around then. A great conversation piece at the very least. Have fun gaming on it anyhoo.

:thumb:

13. [WP@]WOLVERINE

[WP@]WOLVERINE New Member

This mod is one of the coolest ive ever seen!! The theme is right up my alley :) The whole thing is extremely well done and the final result is absolutely kickass!!! Hats off also for not making it with pinhead since that has been done a few times already (my own hellrasermod included) This one would definetly make it in to my list of the 10 coolest mods ever :thumb:

:rock: :rock: :rock:

14. ginx

ginx New Member

wow the most original stuff ever man, its too bad about that CD ROM, hope your issues get resolved with that, but the "case" if you can call it that, lol its awesome as hell. i hope someone sees this and puts it in a magazine, def. deserves that sort of attention.

15. bootupbuddha

bootupbuddha grunge modder

I am speechless, so I am borrowing G4m3R_X3ro's post.

16. Dekode

Dekode New Member

That is amazing~

17. Isuo

Isuo New Member

I can't add anything new. So I will just have to say, that the case is AWESOME!

18. ARTbyTROY

Bit members rock!

Thanks everyone, this forums was the biggest motivating factor to my getting this mod done... sadly I admit, more-so than my own forums. I have been excited every day to come home and check your comments before working more on the mod.

I am not normally one to easily let things go, even though I am calling it done I have already been thinking of a few more things to do to it. I have been trying to figure out how to hinge both the chest section (with the res. and LCD) and the removable motherboard tray to make the HDD pump controller and pump fittings more accessible... among other things. Mainly minor stuff/extras that will make it just that little bit better. It could possibly be considered a sickness, but I am not letting this mod die before it is as good as I can make it... it is merely at rev. 1.0.

More to come.

19. Sva4g3&*

Sva4g3&* New Member

Wow, this is my first time seeing this thread, and I must say, it is a job very well done. Kudos.

-Rob

20. G4m3R_X3r0

G4m3R_X3r0 New Member

Man between you and Defyant, I have no pants to crap in!! Simply amazing work!!