1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project LANPARTY Assasin! - 25% Complete

Discussion in 'Modding' started by madmodder, 5 Oct 2004.

?

A Clear PSU with Green Fans & UV green Cable sleeving,so which Molex would look best?

Poll closed 29 Nov 2004.
  1. UV Green Molex

16 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. UV Yellow Molex

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Mix of UV Yellow & Green Molex

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. madmodder

madmodder What's a Dremel?

This is my first ever project, and it's not highly ambitious, so please go easy on me!! :hehe:

"Not another Acrylic case" I hear you scream! Yes it is :D

A quick rundown of what I want to achieve! I want to make a UV reactive green case, green fans, uv reactive green cable sleeving, etc.. with a few ambitious mods such a Zapwizards backlighted Slot loading DVD drive (green or blue LED) It all needs to be bought or built, so it's an ongoing project!

Here's a couple of pics of the case to get started!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Like the LANParty Logo? ;)

I've put 5 green LED fans in there I had knocking around, I'm going to try and get some UV green paint for that blowhole or drill some more holes and put a sixth fan in, what do you think?

Good so far?

Last edited: 18 Nov 2004
  2. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

hello. welcome to the modding family ;)

the color plans sounds good. what are the speccs you are going to use? is watercooling an option? are you going to paint the case uv green, ar are you planning to apply some window tint?

Nice to see a full sized plexi case again :) Good luck with it :thumb:

3. madmodder

I feel all warm and fuzzy now :D

This is being built to create a ultimate gaming system and it's starting to look that way ;)

Heres a list of mods and specs I'm planning to get you all going:

Planned Specs:

DFI LANParty NFII Ultra Mobo - With The Green UV ports (Naturally)
    AMD Athlon XP 3200 With Akasa Green LED cooler
    1GB 3200 RAM - Advice on the best??
    120+ HD with Akasa Cooler
    Audigy 2 ZS sound card
    Not sure of the graphics card - Any recommendations?

Drives:

Aopen Slot Loading DVD drive with Mods
    Sony 52x CD/RW
    Mistsumi 7 in 1 card reader and floppy
    Thermaltake hardcano 12 :naughty: (Need something to power all those fans)

Outside:

Silver 17" TFT monitor
    Wireless logitech Keyboard and mouse set (Optical of course)
    7.1 surround sound speakers (Probably creative labs)

Aditional case mods:

Going to paint the molex connectors UV green
    Thinking of covering the blowhole behind the mobo and putting a punisher skull Underneath the LAN Party Logo

Last edited: 5 Oct 2004
  4. broots

broots What's a Dremel?

I have 2x 512MB Corsair XMS PC3200C2 Running at 230Mhz They're working excellent, at least for my system.

My gfx card is a Sapphire 9800Pro Ultimate, which has heatpipe cooling. A great card in my opinion, - no annoying fans.. ;)

Best of luck w/ the project. :D *subscribed*

5. G4m3R_X3r0

G4m3R_X3r0 What's a Dremel?

Anyone else see his picts cuz i can't... and i wanna see this.

6. madmodder

*Edited* Thanks for the heads up G4m3R_X3r0

I think it was my free image hosting giving up, probably gave me 1mb bandwith or something crap like that! :miffed:

Anyone know good FREE image hosting that generous with the bandwith, walagtta used to be quite good but I don't think their up any longer.

*Update* I fixed in my LANParty Mobo, looks cool :D

7. madmodder

[​IMG]

Added the punisher skull on, gonna put one on the other side to even things up a little, what does everyone think of having red leds for eyes for the skulls, or red flashing eyes? Would it look just tacky or ok?

[​IMG]

LANParty Motherboard :rock: You know it looks good :D

8. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Moved to modding as I'm getting red "X's" (checked your host and it said you'd exceeded your daily limit). As pics are a requirement of project logs, you'll need to find a more reliable host (with a higher bandwidth). Ask around the forums and you may find something... :)

When you get the pics sorted, let a mod or admin know and we'll move it back to project logs.

Happy moddin' :dremel:

9. diskreet

diskreet What's a Dremel?

i think for this case to really stand out you might want to look for the dimmest UV lighting you can find. Im sick of these purple looking UV lights. if its dim but there is no/little purple then it will look better. other than that i suggest leaving the case clear, and painting everything else black and UV green to match the mobo.
    for example: UV green chips on gfx card/memory
    black metal covers on CD/DVD/HD drives
    UV green cables
    UV green sleeving/black heatshrink.

if you want a serious mod i cant stress the importance of sleeving enough to you, especially in a case you cant hide wires!!!

and your avatar scares me :worried:

10. madmodder

I wouldn't dream of not using sleeving! UV green of course and I'm going to leave the case clear, wouldn't dream of painting it because that would just look naff.

What would be the best way to colour the drives black because it did cross my mind that they spoilt the look somewhat, rather than painting the hard drive I was going to polish it to a mirror finish. :thumb:

As for the UV lighting, I think there are white UV lights which in my opinion would look so much better than purple! Or even a green cathode that lets out UV if it's available!

And finally...Whats wrong with my avatar :eyebrow: ....MS paint is great isn't it? :thumb:

11. diskreet

diskreet What's a Dremel?

its scary thats all. original definatley but weird.

12. confusion89

confusion89 What's a Dremel?

hey hey nice case

ok man ive been lookin for that case and i want a clear case so bad but cant seem to find one how much did u pay and where did u get it from!!>?thanks

13. madmodder

I got it during a special promotion, but be aware i'm in the UK, only cost me £60inc

Haven't seen many sold in the U.S. Why not keep a eye out on the U.S.A FS Forum? or on E-Bay.com?

:thumb:

P.S: Glad you like it :D

14. madmodder

Wow..haven't posted on this in a while..the project was put on hold for a while due to lack of funds (what's new) but due to pressure from my fiance who is getting my old system it must be completed!! :D

I'm waiting on some bits in the post, UV cathodes to name one :thumb: :baby:
    When they arrive it's time to have some fun! and pictures will follow suite.. :hip:

Still not been moved back to project logs any mods reading this *hint hint* :p

15. seforin

seforin What's a Dremel?

hey that punisher logo was that custom made or just a sticker? I have a idea of a skull theme i was doing for my pc, but im waiting for my uv paint to come, i was going to get a black keyboard and spray paint on the logo of the punisher, but the one from the recent movie that looks like driping paint (anyone have this image, its nowhere on the internet ><) And since its clear uv paint you wont notice it on my keyboard until it was neon lights on, but is that a sticker you used or painted on?Or something else

16. madmodder

What it is, is a "etched look" sticker kit for acrylic cases and windows.

I had it ordered from the good old U.S Of A, only cost me a £5 though..

Heres the link

The guy is really helpful and has a wide range of decals.

There is a wide range of punisher logo's on the google image search....how exactly are you going to fit it onto a keyboard though :confused:

17. madmodder

Posted a nice poll for you all to vote on...I'm torn on the colour molex to use..I know it's pretty petty but I want it to look right! :naughty:

18. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

UV green molexes... Keep up with the theme.

19. flapietoetoe

flapietoetoe What's a Dremel?

image host

i got a really good image host its called photo bucket it has unlimited bandwith i think and u can have as many pics as u like there is ijust one thing thats hard if u wanna register u have to be between 2 times
    the url is www.photobucket.com

20. invader crack

invader crack What's a Dremel?

(offtopic) has neone took a stab at ur toilet roll man on ebay :rolleyes: (/offtopic)

i like the idea for this case thou nice theme be nice to see this start coming together keep up the work
    :thumb: