1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project, Lian Li In The Mix

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by icutebluezone, 31 Jul 2008.

1. icutebluezone

icutebluezone The meaning of life is to MOD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hi again all. Just wanted to start a Project log for my Lian li PV-V1000 that I just got and going to mod.

To start off I seen the case on trademe and was like :eek: I want it so i looked up to see what thay costed new and only 1 shop in NZ has them. Cost is about $400 shipped. So I bidded on the case on trademe and won it Whaaawhoooo. Case is the Lian li PC-V1000A not the plus II version. the case is in mint order and had a 525w psu in it and stock 120mm front fan and 2x Panaflo 120mm fans and thay are fat as fans not your normal 25mm fans. Also the case had all the stock screws and parts so sweet deal for $252 shipped.

To start you off here are sum photos of the case as i got it.

The box. Alot nicer box them my Lian li PC-V2100B was in. Nice design and info on the Lian li PC-V1000A box.
    [​IMG]

Now for the case. Lets start stripping. The case that is. lol
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The person i brought the case off did a little mod on it by cutting the grill out of the rear 120mm fan. Didnt do to bad of a job but needs smoothing. and 1 of the Panaflo 210mm fans
    [​IMG]

Side panel off.
    [​IMG]

Opened up to show its insides. :) Ugly Wires
    [​IMG]

2nd Panaflo 120mm fan and a plastic box with screws and parts in.
    [​IMG]

5.25 bay adaptor for floppy drive or 3.5" device and the rear 120mm fan cover.
    [​IMG]

:duh: Ugly wires again thay have to go.
    [​IMG]

The PSU is a TK525WTX P4. Has to be removed.
    [​IMG]

Other side of the case.
    [​IMG]

Front 120mm fan.
    [​IMG]

The filter was NASTY with dust in it :nono:
    [​IMG]

Remoed the PSU. Tested it and tested the fans on it and all go. Its missing the fan grill. Luckly i had a 120mm grill in my bit box. also the main 20 pin plug had cable sleeving on it but it sucked so i removed it and gave the PSU a clean out. Its like new now. :) It can go in my bits box mite make a desk PSU with it 1 day.
    [​IMG]

Case getting empty now.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bottom of the case its got the nice wheels on it and still has its rubbers.
    [​IMG]

Empty. Removed front USB ports and all.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Closeup of the rear 120mm fan hole.
    [​IMG]

Ok now thats the case stripped and ready to mod and cleaned. I got my new lian li side panel with window in it. Its very nice Had to get the black version as couldnt get the silver version.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Test fit. PERFECT fit. But i new it would be Lian li rules.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats it for now. Im working with card board now to work out the inside panels that im going to be putting in to cover the drive bays and the middle devider. Also trying to think of a name for the project.

This is a samply of what i want to do.
    [​IMG]

Will have photos tonight of the card board panels in the case.

Last edited: 1 Aug 2008
  2. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

Get a black sidepanel(other side) and black front bay covers.

3. icutebluezone

Yeh that would be nice, looks nice with the black and silver. Thing is getting anoth black side panel for the other side. :) Black drive covers easy to get.

Last edited: 31 Jul 2008
  4. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

Well looking at the picture you posted above, the door would work on either side of the case. so you could always get another windowed one if you cant find a plain one and put a mural on the back of the motherboard tray.

I actually just got a Lian Li too.
    Its the Lian Li Lancool Metal Boned K10.
    It uses the parts from the 6x series.

5. icutebluezone

yeh tru only thing with the side panel on the other side is that the little hump part will be at wrong end.

Nice one lian li cases are mint.

Just working on the drive cover at moment. designing it up in Turbo cad and making it out of cardboard to test fit it. I love the look of the black and silver mite go it. mmmm got to find a side panel.

6. icutebluezone

Time for a update. A card board update. :)

Got the drive cover sorted out and fits perfect. Sum photos of making it and it in case.

Making where it will go.
    [​IMG]

Cardboard template cut out.
    [​IMG]

Panel bent up ready to test fit.
    [​IMG]

Drive cover inplace perect fit. the front of the panel at the front of the case has a 15mm tab on it to hold it to the drive bays.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Other side of the drive bays.
    [​IMG]

Front on view of drive bays. there is a 15mm tab that will hold the panel to the mobo tray.
    [​IMG]

I have started on the bottom of the case. Started making a panel to go round the PSU and hide the cables. This is the 1st way i was thinking of doing it but not now.
    [​IMG]

Just had to test the window on it and on baby its looking good and fitting.
    [​IMG]

Going to do sumthing on the side panel of the drive cover dont no what yet.
    [​IMG]

This is the way im going to do the bottom panel.
    [​IMG]

Will be removing the HDD bay behind it. Also you can see the overlaps into the top drive panel. There is about 15 to 20mm room for cables to go from the bottom into the top part.
    [​IMG]

Thinking about spining the HDD holder round so the plugs are on the over side of the case so thay are hidden more. Or remove the HDD holder and use sumthing differnt to hold the 3 HDDs in there.

I have designed the panels up on CAD also. Screeenshot of it. If any one wants the sizes i have the file saved to my pc.
    [​IMG]

Still working on the bottom cover. will have a update tomorrow on the bottom cover and i mite smooth up the rear fan if got time.

Also the Left side panel cannot be put on the left side as the rails are differant i checked.

7. Nooby4Ever

Nooby4Ever 2 left hands

I'm aslo modded (modding) that case ! Hehe i can't wait to see more !

8. icutebluezone

Sweet yeh bloody nice xase and easy layout. Kind of like it more then my Big PC-V2100. Have you got a project log?

9. Nooby4Ever

Nooby4Ever 2 left hands

yes (in dutch) but not on this site (btw: it's my first casemod , i mod very slow and after 1 year , only mod in june and august, it's still not finished)

10. icutebluezone

Oh ok have you got a like i would like to have a look not that i can read dutch but can look at pictures. :)

11. nickhelton

nickhelton What's a Dremel?

Call it Bertha :D

12. icutebluezone

LOL. :eyebrow:

13. icutebluezone

Just a small update for now. Going into town to see what i can find. ie: alloy sheet and mesh sheets plus anything i mite find the i could use.

Middle tray panel.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Inside the case panels installed. There is about a 10mm gap from the side panel and the drive cover.
    [​IMG]

The card board I used was like 2mm fat going to be using 1mm to 1.5mm alloy on the panels.

Also i have got 3 black drive covers that i didnt use in my PC-V2100 case. :) will test to see what iit looks like later.

14. zeroinfinity

zeroinfinity hmmm.

Interesting. Won't the cardboard compartments restrict air flow?

And that case looks like my Mac Pro. Nice..

15. icutebluezone

Cardboard panels are just templates for now going to be making metal or alloy panels were the card board panels are. Air flow will be ok im installing a 120mm fan in the top of the case and a vent under the bottom 5.25" bay there is a front 120mm fan for HDD's and a there will be 2 120mm fans for the mobo part plug the PSU has its own 120mm fan. Yeh looks little like a MAC.

16. icutebluezone

CAD designs and sizes. If anyone wants to do the mod.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Removed the 2nd HDD bay holder. will remove the little PSU wall later on. will be able to use the holes closest to the other hdd holder to hold the PSU cover in place.
    [​IMG]

Have finished making the template for the bottom PSU cover.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tested the black drive covers in the case.
    [​IMG]

Smoothed up the rear 120mm fan hole.
    [​IMG]

Also tested the rear 120mm fan cover.
    [​IMG]

Also i went in to town to a couple shops and didnt find any sheets so im going to have to go in to the main town tomorrow and look for sum and going to email a shop that i have have metal off before.

Thinking of installing a key start on the pc put the key start in the front were the power button was. But thats only a idea at moment.

17. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

project jackson.

doesn't matter if it's black or white? HARRRR.

18. icutebluezone

LOL nice one man. :naughty:

A fast photoshop. :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 1 Aug 2008
  19. jokkos

jokkos too busy to mod *sigh*

hmm those black drive covers don't even look too bad, considering the black side panel the black/silver combo could work.

20. icutebluezone

Yeh thay are the spear ones off my Lian li PC-V2100. :naughty: Still dont no what im going to do I think trying to get a black side panel for the other sides going to be just about impossible. :( Would love to do Black silver theme. As i have black fans and silver grills. Have you see if i can find sumone with a black version of the case and swap the side panel with my silver one mahahaha. look out people with the Black PC-V1000. :worried:

Tags: