1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project : Little Boy *Small Update 09/16*

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Cecil-San, 6 Feb 2004.

1. 1st time modder

1st time modder What's a Dremel?

you should put some fan-guards so others arent tempted to stick their fingers into the fan. :hehe:

2. RR5

RR5 What's a Dremel?

Shoot man, put me down for one. I'll take build 2 :) :lol:

3. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

yeh thats sweet man good work

4. Shikamaru

Shikamaru What's a Dremel?

With the kind of air flow those fans must be pushing, maybe his comp would deicide to roll off ? :D Guess teh weight should keep it in place. Very nice work Cecil (this from Tsukhime?) ;)

5. y_N_e_M_a

y_N_e_M_a What's a Dremel?

mmm very nice indeed. allthough some fan grills wouldnt go astray. how loud exactly is this thing?? enough to blow your eardrums out or pleasently screaming?

6. Indigoue

Indigoue What's a Dremel?

Hmm, that looks a lot like something i started on a couple of years ago. But yours, is quite a lot more... attractive. :)

This.
    [​IMG]

7. Zogthetroll

Zogthetroll What's a Dremel?

looking good. I like how the finished control panel came out. as for the 1' extension cord, those are available, check www.directron.com or www.cyberguys.com i think. they are marketed for the purpose of plugging those wall-wart connectors into so you don't loose 2 or more plugs on your surge protector.

8. Cecil-San

Cecil-San What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the input everyone, I appreciate it...

Ah..no no...fan grills are nooo good....probably on the rear since thats where all the "sucking" comes from...but not on the front...its your fault if you stick you hand/foot in there....hehe.. :nono:

Its decently loud...nothing ear shattering..but loud enough...shakes the floor round it also...hehe

Indigoue, looking good! Might I ask why you stopped? Seems like your off to good start...Is that copper, would think that would be expensive? decently big too...what was that originally???

Thanks...I didn't see any 1' extensions...altho i did see the Y VGA splitter...I think I might try that if I can't find anything else...

9. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Yeah, I didn't see any 1' extensions either. A direct link would be really awesome :thumb: I know cyberguys makes 1' power extension cables, is that what you're referring too?

If you're stringing a vga cable through your case (especially stuff like those cheap splitters) make sure that the cable is well away from any other sources of interference. Having an AC cord too close to your vga cable can cause un-due amounts of stress, cause it makes everything look like crap.

Some real good work here, keep it up :thumb:

10. RR5

RR5 What's a Dremel?

This is totally kick A$$ :rock: on

11. Cecil-San

I'm actually looking for VGA extensions that are about a 1' in length...the power cords are no problem...only 3 wires inside those..easy to cut and resolder.....a friend of mine swears they make the VGA extensions..but I have yet to see...we have a pretty good PC warehouse in my area that deals w/ alot of networking and general PC stuff..so I might try there...or...like I said...I may try that Y splitter..

I didn't notice any diff when playing on it at the LAN..so...guess the A/C cords arent causing any problem...

Hehe...happy you like it RR5...once agian, more to come...this is just the beginning..=]

12. y_N_e_M_a

y_N_e_M_a What's a Dremel?

they make them because i have one thats around 30cm(12") long and another thats around 1.5m long. im prtty sure you can buy them, someware

13. RR5

RR5 What's a Dremel?

14. Cecil-San

Sweet....you are a google expert :rock: ....I appreciate you help...I'm going to check the local resources 1st, if I can't find them...I'll use your suggested link...

I'll try to update soon..not sure when I'll have time to work on it...as I have to finish up some school project 1st...but..I'll keep ya posted!

Thanks again for everyones help! And keep up your projects if ya have them..I enjoy checking the boards everyday to see whats new... :clap:

15. FourDee

FourDee What's a Dremel?

=> ATTENTION this is the bomb squad. Slowly exit your vehicle with your hands in the air :D

=> ZOOM => Result : shaved ***** ( everybody likes 'em :D )

Nice work :thumb:

16. xrain

xrain Minimodder

i think you need to make up a grill for that thing, shiny metal spinning fans can be quite mesmorising, and they hurt like a bugger too :wallbash:
    (personal experiance) i had a table top fan with the grill off and some how my finger just moved ever closer to it then ZZZZTTT! YEETOW :waah:, got a nice little cut by it, if not paint swirls on it like on the hypnotiseing disks, if your lucky one of your competitors will happen to stare at it for a long period of time. bill.... bill?..... bbiiiiillllll?....... wake up dude....... it works! muwhahahahha! :naughty:

17. Providence

Providence What's a Dremel?

Seriously though, it really is your own fault if you get cut by a spinning fan.

Good work so far. I would suggest getting some cable and sodering some extensinos so that the wires wrap completely around the inside of the tube, then sleeve it. The LED fan doesn't look very good in there, and I don't see the purpose...all that air coming in from mega fan #1. MegaFan...thats a good name for the project, right? Little boy is so...deceiving.

But yeah, great work, that control panel is great in there. :thumb:

18. Altron

Altron Minimodder

Natural Selection.

19. xrain

xrain Minimodder

they look so innocent :p and tempting, lol, you want to see if it hurts so, hmm maybe if i put my hand in just a lit...ZZZTTT YEEowww ok yes it hurts, maybe if i tryed it this wa.. zzzttt.. ok that didnt work, mabe if i.....

its called haveing nothing elce to do except cut yourself in a spinning fan. lol but this industrial fan might just do more than scrach you, lol trust me if i was sitting next to him in a lan i probobly would cut my self a few times, out of curiosity.

id prolly have to put a grill on it if i made one, my cat would prolly sleep in the tube, then i would get home and turn it on.... lets say my cat would hate me for weeks. but he got a free buzz cut :lol: my mom would come home and say, "why are there chunks of cat fur on the floor?"
    "what fur?" :worried:

Last edited: 31 Mar 2004
  20. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

Updates?

We haven't heard from you in a while -

Any guess as to when we will see the next update?