1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress (Project Log): Epitome, BitFenix Prodigy/ATX build [Updated 8/8]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Fridge Gnome, 13 Jun 2013.

1. Fridge Gnome

Fridge Gnome Blue Everywhere

I used an acrylic cutting knife, a routing table, and a few different files to make the bottom acrylic piece. It isn't illuminated, although I originally intended it to be. Since it goes over some of the PCIE slots I would have had to rig some sort of lighting thingy under the case to properly light the whole piece.

I can say it looks quite nice with simple white LED strips behind it. If you have more room in your case I highly recommend it.

Little bit of an update to give today. Progress is going excellently so far.

I replaced the original white portion of the front Prodigy panel with an acrylic one that I cut out. It's super shiny, and I was able to use a blowdryer to remove the bitfenix logo with stickiness intact, so I plopped it back on the new acrylic panel.

[​IMG]

I also did some work on the back of the case. I painted the PSU white, installed the harddrive and mount, and I got a little sleeving work done too.

[​IMG]

In the front of the case, I sleeved and installed the northbridge fans. They cover up the whole for the usbs and stuff nicely, and should also get a little more airflow going through the case.

[​IMG]

I am having to repaint the fitting portion of the GPU blocks. I was lazy and didn't prep the surface right and now I am paying the consequence :/

That's it for now. Hopefully I can start putting the roof on this thing once the GPU pieces are done being repainted.

2. Fridge Gnome

Fridge Gnome Blue Everywhere

This project is pretty much done!!!

I ended up staying up late the night before I left to finish leak testing everything. But I got it done. Hopefully I can take more pictures soon.

On to the pictures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd also like to once again thank my sponsors for helping me afford this project and motivating me to get it done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And one last hi-res.

[​IMG]

Thanks for following the project, it's been a lot of fun for me. I'm extremely happy with how it turned out.
    For my first serious modding project, I never expected to be able to make something this cool looking.
    I hope to be able to post a few more updates on a few things I wasn't able to finish in the future too...

Thanks for reading!​