1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Logs - You Choose the winner! September 05.

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 30 Sep 2005.

1. sadffffff

sadffffff What's a Dremel?

you could also "just get" a premodded case... i dont see your point.

i would also say the beer cooler is smaller than a minifridge. and its a heck of a lot neater than an insulating cup, mini fridge or vacume flask. you havnt made a valid point other than your personal preference. which is fine but you didnt have to express it by calling a mod an utterly pointless folly. try to be a little more sensitive

2. Mattt

Mattt Minimodder

Thanks for belittleing my of hours of hard work, it realy helped contribute to this thread. :eyebrow:

3. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

pelt beer cooler tea warmer

4. woodshop

woodshop UnSeenly

beer cooler!!

5. HellRazor

HellRazor What's a Dremel?

Just ignore that guy dude...its an awesome project and just because he thinks it pointless doesn't make it so. Most of our modding is technically pointless, we do it because we think its fun, and our results, however impractical are awesome to look at. This one DOES serve a pourpose, who hasn't wanted to keep a cup of coffe hot, or cool that beer (is 12:11 to early?) down and keep it cold?

6. Rh1n0x

Rh1n0x What's a Dremel?

>> *Feeding Frenzy. <<

call it Aquacomputer love :p

7. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

Its got to be Feeding Frenzy, the custom wiring is impressive, but 3 loops is mental!

8. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

:clap: Well said, sadffffff. There was really not a lick of constructive anything in that post, much less constructive criticism.

Let's keep this thread to what mod we like most, not what mod we like least. :hip:

9. Vigfus

Vigfus Born to be...

http://www.little-gamers.com/index.php?comicID=590

Very fitting for the occation, don't you think?
    If i were bothered about other people not liking my mod i would've never posted my "Wellpapp". I didn't think that would go over very well, but someone might like it, so i posted it.

10. dutchcedar

dutchcedar What's a Dremel?

The beer cooler. Hands down. Thumbs up. :thumb:

Such design, fabrication, precision and accuracy can be put to no better use than chilling beer. That it was designed in a computer and a lathe was used, gets bonus points, but the homemade wood centering jig... well, that just shows exceptional skeels that go beyond the ability to purchase hardware. :rock:

My only reservations about this project are the references to tea. :worried:

11. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

Ok, a few elaborations:

1. Sorry Mattt, no offence, it is very well done.

2. Principally I think it's unfair (and lets not forget that this IS a competition for a real prize) to have a none-case-mod in a case-mod-project-log competition. Or maybe i missed the point?

3. I have a thing against wasteful use of energy and you can't get much worse than keeping a drink cool/hot using a peltier. It's analoguous to having a water cooled system that has a constant flow of water from the cold tap!

4. Who has a beer long enough for it to get warm? I'd much rather have a ready supply of cold ones to keep 'em flowing.

5. When complete it will actually be quite large, so more encumbering than a simple foam insulation surround.

Ok, I think I'm done, off the top of my head. I by no means hold these opinions with any great fervour I just want to defend/explain my earlier points.

Couple of editions since first posting:

I wasn't actually flaming anyone so don't please start.

8. The reason i made my initial point was in reaction to the feeling of, 'Yeah, i like beer as well!!?' Like it made you cool or something? When it was a vote on the best project.

Once again I say, I don't mean any offence just don't want to people to think I was starting something. (hehe, probably too late for that.)

Last edited: 30 Sep 2005
  12. PrometheusCon

PrometheusCon What's a Dremel?

Peltier Beer cooler Cheesecake! :D

again...

13. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

I will vote for my fellow Austin Modder:

MiniG5ized

14. Vigfus

Vigfus Born to be...

Sorry, i didn't make the comic. Just thought it represented the situation. You know, X saying bad stuff to Y and such...

15. Mattt

Mattt Minimodder

1. none taken, and thank you :thumb:

2. would have to let the bit-tech staff awnser that, they were the ones who picked the final 5.

3. the device uses under 60watt's so less then a common light bulb. the electroincs is designed to be energy saving, the pelteir is not always on, only when the temperature increases/decreases above or below the temperature set by the user.

4. I personaly take my time over beer and like it not to warm up while im drinking it, on hot days you can notice a change in temperature of the beer after just 1 or 2 mins.

5. It also does a whole lot more then a foam surround, and its not as if its been designed to be sold in the shops.

6. you missed :p

7. not going to get into.

8. I dont think so, most made technical comments about my design and others befor casting there vote.

16. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

Cool, glad that's all cleared up. :thumb:

17. Lancer

Lancer What's a Dremel?

MiniG5ized for President!!!

18. NoMercy

NoMercy What's a Dremel?

Vote: Contender 3 - Feeding Frenzy

Reason: The informative commenting and ideas :)

19. iMaGiNe

iMaGiNe What's a Dremel?

go for the coolermaster.. not only is he my older brother but that case is really nice and i like the ideas he keeps firing at me on what he should do... sigh... wish i was bright and exciting for once :waah:

20. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

Beer cooler please :) The rest don't have anything really going for them in terms of overall outcome yet and are far too early in their stages :(

Tags: Add Tags