1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project M8 (CaseLabs M8 workstation mod) COMPLETED! Final pics on page 33

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by p0Pe, 13 Apr 2011.

1. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

This what I've been thinking from looking around.

Plus, hard piping doesn't have to be straight, could be curved nicely with more practice. :)

2. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

I have done a pipe bending thread on other forums,i can do one here if its wanted?

EDIT: I have put one in my build log
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p=3168866&postcount=155

3. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Dyes look cool, but always cause problems regardless.

At least it's not clogging the blocks!

4. Phyonics

Phyonics What's a Dremel?

Shame about the tubing :(

My tygon tubing has discoloured, but its been in use for 5 years. It started to change after about 1 year. I haven't changed the coolant in my setup at all and it is still going good now. I did; however change the CPU block when I updated the hardware 18 months ago. I looked in the old block and there was some minor deposits. I wouldn't buy clear tubing again, I'd use coloured stuff, then it doesn't matter what colour the fluid is.

5. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

Im not dead guys! But the case took quite a shaking yesterday as we where rammed on the highway on the way home (some ****tard drove up in the rear of our car as he did not keep enough distance between us and him)

Luckily the hardware is OK, and I think the cable system is what saved my grafic card from not being torn out of the motherboard. And now I can officially say that this case is strong enough to be thrown around the inside of a car, without getting a single scratch on it (other than quite a few on the side-window, but thats an easy fix)

I am at the moment waiting for a present from Corsair so i can get this baby done, and get the final pictures taken!

So until monday, here is a little teaser:)

[​IMG]

Last edited: 13 Oct 2012
    Waynio likes this.
  6. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Scary how anyone can get a car knowing the amount of people who don't seem to think of them as extremely dangerous heavy lumps of metal on wheels that can cause a lot of damage if driven without care.

Had to dive out the way of stupid joy riders a few times, good job I was on foot & good job they didn't stop, when almost bashed in for no reason the angry green rage monster within isn't very friendly. :D

Teaser photo really does look extremely awesome p0Pe, nice choice for a teaser, good restraint. :D:rock::clap:

7. B NEGATIVE

I dont think my LD V8 would of escaped so lightly....

8. Squigly

Squigly MODfiend.. ~twitch~

glad to hear your ok!! but whats with the teaser!!! WE WANTS MOOOOOORE!!!

9. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Glad to hear your both ok Hans!

10. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Say the word, and I'll bring some guys out to let him know what he did! :nono:

Joke! :) Glad to hear you are good! And secondly, I'm happy that the case survied as well! :)

11. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Really? You don't have a dedicated baby seat to strap a PC into?
    I feel for ya, man. There's a stretch of road near my house I call "The Gauntlet" that the police aren't allowed to patrol because it would be harassing bar patrons. :eyebrow:

12. ziza

ziza What's a Dremel?

Waiting the next updates on the project, and I am glad that you are ok so as the case.

13. KoSoVaR^

KoSoVaR^ Professional Sleever & Modder

STOP TEASING US!

14. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

Hehe Thank you Waynio. The car is going to the shop tomorrow to be fixed. We hope its just a new rear bumber, and rear door, but chances are the frame are damaged aswell:wallbash: (At least its not my car, but the brother in law´s, and he was driving:eyebrow:)

Hah, it might not have. The M8 is really sturdy, and even though it weighs 32 kilo, it got out in one peice:rock:

Working on it:) Need to 3d print one more part, and then i can take the final shots. I should also get a package today with some new hardware:)

Thanks Nate! :)

Haha thanks man!

I was looking for one, but they dont make them to fat, square babies:hehe:

neVaR!

Waiting for a package today, and might snap some photo´s of the inside:naughty:
    And then i will have to find a DVI to vga adapter so that i can connect the old fokes screen to the pc and get working on that last part.
    I am at vacation at their farm, so I have plenty of time this week:clap:

15. Attila

Attila still thinking....

You're not very lucky with automobiles. At least you are OK, and the build also. I'll be watching for the final pics. ;)

16. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I was thinking the same thing after not checking the thread for a while and not noticing this update about the car crash.

Just show's how good the cases are if they survive a battering from a car crash.

17. kelvinb

kelvinb BF3 Username - D0rmarth

Can I just ask where you obtained the vinyl graphics from (Case labs, Corsair etc..) they really stand out !

18. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

I made the stickers myself:)

Sad update.... the fluid has, once again, ****ED UP the hoses and it now again look like someone did the naughty dance inthere...

MAYHEM SORT OUR **** OUT FFS! Dont reccomend tubing A if it also ****s up with this shitty fluid!

Going to swap the hoses out a third time, pour the white fluid on JUST for the final photoshoot, and then this junk goes into the sink. Last time I will be using this fluid brand!

19. B NEGATIVE

Unlucky mate,this is why i parted ways with him,guy is just full of it.

20. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

3rd time, gutted. :(

These fancy fluids, they only seem good for photo shoots IMO especially if it looks anything like what my imagination is seeing the effect as. :lol::duh:

But it would be good to know the exact reason why it's happening.

Random thought, the filter in the res wouldn't be breaking up the blend causing it to go ugly faster by speeding the effect up would it?, if it is then the res is doing an awesome job of trying to keep the loop clean & it could be disturbing the blend.

This must be annoying by now. :sigh: