So this is the start of my first project ever, my first project here at Bit-tech, and more importantly, the first time I held a dremel in my hand. "Omg", you might say. This can't have a happy ending. Well your wrong. Give me some slack, and judge after I have showed you what I have done so far. So what am I about to do? Read on.. The original case: This is a Aerocool 201S case from the Norwegian shop 3dfxcool.no, that I bought last fall. Well, I loved it for a couple of weeks, but then it started to look really boring and dull. About that time I bought my first Watercooling system, so that just pushed me over that edge where I just sat in my chair, doing nothing, to an experience I won't forget.. Planning: Theme: (Green/Black with brushed aluminium) From day 1, I wanted to make the case more attractive, by making it more transparent. First I played with the idea of making a casebuild, and just making a complete acrylic case from scratch. But, with my previous experience in this business (none to be exact), I decided to just keep it "simple", and mod my case. And today, I must say that I am happy I did. So what I am going to do is: -New mb tray in frosted acrylic. -New (don't know what it is in English, but its where you put your dvds, harddrives etc), also in frosted acrylic. -Acrylic windows in each side door, and top. All windows covered with green tinted film. In the windows i'll cut out a desing, and all honour to Deviate for that. I couldn't find anything myself so I had to borrow. -And last, but not least, get rid of that stupid plastic front, and replace it with a acrylic plate that i'll ting. Hardware: -Pentium 4A 2GHz -Abit IC7 -1GB Twinmos Winbond 400DDR (2x512) -Sapphire Radeon 9800pro -Couple of hdds and CD-burner and a DVD-rom (This is my old stuff, I wouldn't have bought this today) Watercooling: RBX waterblock (my Maze 4 block got a rift in the acrylic top.. splash!) Black Ice Extreme 2 AC waterblock, chipset (P4), "twinplex" AC waterblock, GPU (ATI), "twinplex" AC watertank, "aquatube", Titan Aquabee 500, waterpump Tygon hoses Parts: This project will be done in 3 parts. Part 1: Internal modding. Mb tray, and that thing I have no idea what's in English. Im also going to build a small wooden box that will lift my case from the ground. This is so that my radiator that will be placed in the bottom of the case, can get fresh air. Pictures below will explain it all Part 2: Side/top doors, and aluminium plates on the wooden box (so it will go with the rest of the theme (Green/black and brushed aluminium) Part 3: Front, halfmoon and other exterior stuff The Sketchups: In the front im going to make a half-moon, where the start, and reset buttons will be placed. I'll make the out of acrylic, and then put som leds in them. In the front itself, I'll place the watertank, and two or four Usb contacts. Not quite sure yet. Hidden floppy (Right now you might wonder where on earth im going to place it, but wait and see) Here we go: (Before I show you what I have done, it might be a good idea to tell you that I do NOT own a digital camera, and that this projects evolution (at least for you guys) depends on the good will of my friends, that lend me their cameras from time to time. Also, the cameras that I have borrowed, doesn't take especially good pictures.) With that out of the way, lets start modding and 'ing So, the first thing I started with was the wooden box. Not much to say about it so one picture should be enough. I gave it a couple of layers with silver paint so it would blend in a bit till I have those aluminium plates for the sides ready. Then I stripped down the case, epoxyed the box to the bottom, and cut out the holes for the radiator fans. Then I had to give back the camera for a couple of days, and when i got it back my new mb tray was done. One piece of acrylic, sanded with 60-600 grit. I drilled holes for the spacers, and glued them. Then it was time for a test fit. Hurray, it fits A quick fit with the top on, just to be sure that everything was as it was supposed to be. To hold it in place, I melted a acrylic piece to the bottom, and screwed it. It ain't moving at all (but I have some really irritating sounds (the kind you get when you pull long nails over the blackboard in school. That kind)) With that finished, I moved on to the drive cage. Pictures explain better than a thousand words (especially when your English is a bit rusty) Well, things is going forward, and before you know it, it's time for a little test fit. And what do you know. It fits. Hurray.. Another test fit inside the case. To keep it in place I glued a acrylic plate to the sides facing the front, and screwed it in the holes where the drive cage were.. When your dremel is a bit old, and your dremmeling isn't so good, you'll get some uneven holes. But no worries, the won't show at all. Same thing here as above. Even worse to be honest, so I'll keep the result And there you have it. Part 1. Will be back with the side doors, since im almost done with them.. But you guys are so spoiled, so i'll keep you waiting a bit longer Part 1 everybody. Stay tuned..