1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project: Marshall Amp

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by El Rando, 15 May 2009.

1. ModMinded

ModMinded Are you throwing that away?

Nice work! I just modded a peavey bandit +112 amp, sticking a regular pc inside. I like this scratchbuild! :D

2. DonT-FeaR

DonT-FeaR I know what a fk'n Dremel is ok.:D

love it!

3. El Rando

El Rando I know what a dremel is

Back again for another small update

@ everyone :- Thanks for your interest and kind comments.

@retrogamer1990 :- haha yeah I see what you mean. It's actually my dad welding there.

@Buddharoxor :- Nice amp dude. That an MG series one?

@ModMinded :- I was actually thinking of doing the same thing when I get more money and time but with a full size half stack. All that space you would have mmmmmm.

Anyhu, got some more parts today. 2 Logo's and a power button. Thought I was gonna have to make the logo's but these seem just fine for the job. So thumbs up for being a bit lazy.
    [​IMG]

What they look like on the case.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Decided to show the messy insides of the case. Not as bad as I thought but I still need to work on it after I've got all I intent to do done.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's how I got the dvd-rw to float in the middle of the case.
    [​IMG]
    We made a bracket type of thing using acrylic so that the dvd-rw would squeeze into place and stay there. Holes were then drilled into the acrylic which was tapped so that we could screw it in from the top.

So that's all for now I'm afraid. Should be getting the button fitted and read to go on Friday and I should be getting the material to cover the case tomorrow or Thursday.

Until then, I hope you like what you've seen.

4. Mark_Hardware

Mark_Hardware New Member

Wow thats sweet man! Kickass!

5. Buddharoxor

Buddharoxor Fubar'd at birth

Yea its an MG100 HDFX :p

Where did you pick up the knobs and marshall logos?

6. DonT-FeaR

DonT-FeaR I know what a fk'n Dremel is ok.:D

very cool :)

7. El Rando

Thanks for the comments guys.

Got the knobs from Here

Do have an update but I think I'll post it with the wrapping up of the case. Then final pictures :thumb:

8. El Rando

Well it's 23:38 on august 13th 2009. Today is the deadline because I am catching the early boat tomorrow to heysham. Unfortunatly I have not made my deadline so I've gone and let not only myself down but also others that are enjoying this log. So I'm very sorry. However, don't think that this is going to stop me. I am definitly not giving up this project until it is completely done so I have arranged something to be done. I have asked my dad if he could finish off the work while i'm away and then send it over to me to be fully fixed up and ready to go.
    I will not be updating this for a a while due to these circumstances.
    Once again I am very sorry to those that are interested but please don't be disheartend.

9. [+]EXEcuteER[+]

[+]EXEcuteER[+] Cracking up the Plex

The idea is cool, but i'd have prefered to use the big 1960 box as the case. with 4 big fans instead of the speakers. more psace = more stuff in th ebox.

10. El Rando

So I am back for Christmas and just started finishing the case.
    Dad didn't do anything for me. He said he'd prefer me to mess it up than him so nothing was done...until now.
    Well not much has been done but it has given the amp a bit more character so I'm a bit more chuffed with it.
    Basically I have put 2 pieces of vinyl on. the Gold one is the for the look where the knobs are placed and the black is to cover up any shiny aluminium that comes through when the mesh is put on top.
    Also started to work on the power switch but not much has been done so I'll leave that for another update.
    Anyhu less talking, more pictures :-
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT: If you're wondering why I have the exact same position for the photos it's because I just left my web cam where it was and couldn't be bothered to move it (except for the last one). So apologies for no fancy arty shots, bit different when you're using a webcam haha.

Last edited: 7 Dec 2009
  11. *Alex*

*Alex* New Member

looking awesome man i really liek ware its going

12. Autti

Autti New Member

Props to this case, such an original idea. Oh and the fact that i love Marshall, my mates mode four is so much fun to wake the suburb with.