Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Captain Slug, 5 Jan 2007.
the LCD looks great, looking forward till your next update
The new handle brackets are done. And I'm not surprised but the delrin rod that arrived is not precisely 1" in diameter so I have to take it to the machine shop to lathe it down to size.
Also made the hose separator. Which I can't seem to take a decent picture of right now...
The new brackets look superb and will definately match the quality of the rest of the case better than the old ones, great job.
Agreed. I like the new handles so far!
you don't think those clamps are to thin? maybe double up on them, idk. gj with everything so far, your defintely no slacker. so what are you planning on doing/have done with baby mk.V, is it still up and running?
The clamps are 1/2" thick
I scalped Mk.V for parts to make this machine. I still have the rackmount and it's accessories though.
I'm currently running on the machine I won in an article writing contest.
5 stars and a subscripting, I hate missing out on great mods, but just don't have the time to select them out of the endless choice there is.
I love the look of this case, and the new handles are looking great. I salute you Captain :salute:
The brackets look great. Gave an instant impression of lifting hooks seen in some industrial stuff. That seid though.. I hope they won't look as much PVC when you're finished with them.
damn you are really realing off the updates, you are working alot faster now and damn i am greatfull!
the case looks brilliant, and the work is up to its usual excellent standards
keep it up capitan
Borrowing a HDD bracket from an old project.
Loop attempt number one. Had a small leak inbetween the GPU block and radiator because the length I cut was too short.
Loop attempt number two. Had a small leak on the pump outlet NPT adapter. Worked on correcting it. Also small leak on lower barb on radiator because I didn't tighten it enough.
Loop attempt number three. Still have pump outlet leak so after dinner I'm going to go to Home Depot and get some RTV Sealant.
I'm VERY please with where everything is on the loop. Leaks in both the filling orientation and the standing position haven't touched any of the computer hardware. It has also been easy to bleed and refill (which can be attested to by the fact that I've done it three times in 4 hours). Once I get this last leak fixed I should be ready to send off all the steel parts to be powder-coated.
This project is amazing! I like the mobo-hider, and evry single detail!
Keep it up!
Nice work there, I liek the look of it. But do I see a piece of clear tubing from the rad to the GPU?
I made a tubing size adapter out of 1/2" OD clear polyester tube and needed to use clear tubing with it temporarily because I couldn't find the rest of the clamps that fit the thicker 1/2" ID 3/4" OD black tubing. The final loop setup will use nothing but black tubing.
Edit: Got the sealant epoxy and applied it. Have to wait for it to cure overnight before testing the loop again.
Looking v great, nice to see the loops.
simply amazing work. i remember playing that game at the arcade, i alos remember dropping almost 20 bucks just so i could say i beat it. lol.
Congrats on the front page Capt. I love the look of this project, it's just getting better and better..
You sure stand out with you mods.. Cant think of anyone with something near your stuff!
I love it
very nice looks great.
wow this project is amazing
curious do u cut the metal peices urself or get them done bysomeone else cuz the precision is amazing
Everything in this log so-far has been done by me using my diverse collection of tools.
Separate names with a comma.