1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Metaversa: LCD goodness (small update 17/07/05)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Nexxo, 11 Apr 2003.

1. maeterlinck

maeterlinck What's a Dremel?

Have you got any more info on this? I had a look round the website and it did have any more than the price... :grr:

Cheers!

2. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

3. Captain Slug

Captain Slug Infinite Patience

Yes, yes it is. But it's still cheaper than Fluorinert, and it offers better thermal conductivity.

4. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

it's also non conductive. That's a major perk for someone who has had several leaks in past... (damn you aquarius springs, and broken swiftech pushfits!)

5. maeterlinck

maeterlinck What's a Dremel?

Thanks, I'd found that page - but it's only really a sales page. I'm talking about a page that actually tells me something about the properties of the liquid, temp coeffiecients, specific heat capacities etc.
    Any idea?

6. Altron

Altron Minimodder

That highly conductive (thermally, not electrically) fluid is pretty neat. I recall a thread discussing the feasibility of submerging a PC in it.

best of luck wiht your quest for more thermal conductivity, Nexxo.

7. Captain Slug

Captain Slug Infinite Patience

"Conductivity (electrical)76 microSiemens/cm ( in all accounts "0") Conductivity (Thermal) 0.00122 cal/sec-centimeter-C ( 84.5% of h2o) Viscosity @ 20 C 4.37 centiStokes Viscosity @ 40 C 2.50 centiStokes Freeze Point -12.5 C (9.5 F) Boilinig point 99.44 C (211 F with no flash or fire point)"

They replied to my e-mails with links to more specific chemical comparison analysis, but that was a few weeks ago and I can't find the reply anymore.

8. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

31 Pages later, 2 and a half hours down, i finished reading.

Just wanted to say how impressed i am with this project and will definatly be following to the end [if you can ever 'end' a mod].

/subscribed

9. Swafeman

Swafeman Minimodder

According to bsodmike.com, the circuit is done and shipping Monday

10. Caffeind

Caffeind What's a Dremel?

wow, im very impressed with this one... really i am... its fiven me a few little ideas, and some very original work you have pur into this... just incredible :rock:

you better be putting some sort of window in that comp...

oh and if your having lighting, id suggest a sort of techy-ice lighting design...

this computer is also sticker worthy, theres a place on ebay that do the little domed stickers (where the lian li sticker is). all you do is give them a pic of what u want and BA, clever and nice little touch to an already amazing mod :D

keep goin man, im so damn impressed

caff.

11. DETN8R

DETN8R What's a Dremel?

Hye Nexxo, I was just thinking: You havnt posted many pics of whats going on the inside top of the case, it may not be alot but I would still like to see some pics of it. Also, thanks for the help in the Extreme Cooling forum.

12. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

This is perhaps one of the longest project logs around (besides the Media PC, of course :hehe:, but thats on hold). Hurry up and finish already! Heh heh, just kidding. Take your time, though, so this will turn out to be a great mod. :thumb:

13. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

There was me all worked up thinking there had been an update when the thread was near the top of the list :waah: We neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed updates fast :D :D

14. SlackeR

SlackeR What's a Dremel?

yeah i agree.. this is one of my personal favorites.. i LOVE that it is clearly still a computer.. Not clear, nor rusty.. Even though i love the HL2 case too.. and the sleeping (hopefully) orac3..
    so.. post something.. anything.. pictures of pump?? tubing?? ANYTHING :D

15. Shikamaru

Shikamaru What's a Dremel?

Just noticed on bsodmike's site that he's made a blunder (or at least he claims it was a software error :p) and he's posted a pic of the new PCB:

[​IMG]

Can't wait to see it completed!

16. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

Hey nexxo, how about an update :grr: ? we havent seen a real updade in this project since "15-02-2004, 15:34 "

17. Shikamaru

Shikamaru What's a Dremel?

Give the guy some time. He's on holiday and should be back soon and he's also waiting for that circuit thinggy to be completed by bsodmike.

18. Morpheon

Morpheon What's a Dremel?

Man I love this project but its taken over a year now......

The hardware that cost soo much is now worth half of what you paid for it and there are far more efficient system setups now (i.e. AMD64)....I love your work and respect the kind of time it takes to build a truly awesome rig but man by time its done your performance will be close to that of the average computer dude. Hopefully you can upgrade the parts and not take another year to modify them to fit...other than the protection circuits....which really aren't needed but only for innovation...why dont you finish up....theres not much on your rig that hasnt been done before (so far) and I just hate to see all your time and work getting only a few "Nice but its not that greats" Ha. I will probably get flamed for saying some of this but its just taking so long and I just dont see why...you probably have a job and family...so that would make sense then....I am still in dental school so I have time to mod

Anyway.....its really nice but its no Orac3 (what happened to that project anyway?) I have been working on my system for almost 2 years now but I have been using and upgrade since I started it.

I hope you get to finish it before next May.....and get to enjoy the rig before its too late :dremel:

19. Uncle Psychosis

Uncle Psychosis Classically Trained

Mate, have you read the thread? People *love* this mod.

Sam

20. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Well, I'm back from holiday with a nice tan... somewhat surprised to find my log still on the first page!

Well, when I designed it I had easy upgradeability in mind. So when it is finished, it is going to be a simple matter of a mobo swap to put in a dual Opteron setup (even the layout of the mobo is exactly the same). Everything else can be simply swapped to upgrade. So far however you will find that a 32-bit system is not significantly slower than a 64 bit system --the software simply isn't there to exploit the added grunt.

I would disagree that not much on my rig has not been done before. There are some original mods in there, but you got to look for them! Moreover some more are in the pipeline, which I still have not seen done by anyone else, even though they seem so obvious. Many things have been adopted by others (which is fine with me, btw :dremel: ). Even G-nome gives me some credit for inspiring him with parts of Orac. As for the time it takes: I have an insanely busy and demanding job, and a marriage, and that makes for a busy life... A man does not live by mods alone, I'm afraid.

I have some pics to take of the hew parts made to accomodate the new pump, and next week I hope to be leak testing the new circuit. Patience is a virtue. :D