1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Metaversa: LCD goodness (small update 17/07/05)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Nexxo, 11 Apr 2003.

1. OneMadPoptart

OneMadPoptart What's a Dremel?

Any updates for us Nexxo?

I love watching the progress on this project :thumb: Keep it up.

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Small update: Metaversa has been put on hold a bit while we are modding the kitchen... the joys of home improvement. The kitchen area is a building site and the new kitchen is in boxes in the living room, so I've had little time or space to work on it. Another delay... :sigh:

On the positive side, meanwhile Enak has applied his l33t CNC skillz on making new mounting collars for the blocks, thus allowing them to be mounted to the Xeon mountings on the K8T-Master 2Far Opteron board. Given the peculiarity of the mountings and the cramped layout, a bespoke solution was sort of necessary... The blocks came with Athlon K7 and P4 mountings only, and since the original designer has stopped making them (indeed, seems to have fallen off the planet), I had to turn to Enak to design and manufacture new collars:

[​IMG]

A Phaze II block with its new Xeon mounting collar.

I cannot emphasise enough how tricky a proposition this was. The blocks (and collars) are a complex shape with exact tolerances, and Enak only had the original K7 collars to work from. He made a special effort to keep the design of the Xeon collars in keeping with the original aesthetics of the blocks. As such the result has surpassed even my (pretty high) expectations. All for a fee that seems laughably cheap.

If you want a CNC job done, and you can afford it (you will --prices are very reasonable), and you know where to find him, maybe YOU can hire... the Enak Team! (cue music: Ta ta-taa, dum-dee dum...) :D

He's doing my side panels next. :D

3. Captain Slug

Captain Slug Infinite Patience

Yummy. I loves bare aluminum :blush:

4. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Well done Enak :clap:

5. DETN8R

DETN8R What's a Dremel?

Sorry if Im bugging you but im still dying to know how you made the GPU support.

btw, that block looks great

6. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

So read the thread :rolleyes:

7. DETN8R

DETN8R What's a Dremel?

thats funny. I dont remember asking you anything.

8. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Thats funny, i'm a mod telling you to read the thread :rolleyes:

would you like me to link to the exact post, and get you some ice cream while im at it?

9. DETN8R

DETN8R What's a Dremel?

oh sure, i would love to see where he put all the measurments and dimensions.

Thanks.

10. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

Come on Nexxo UPDATE.

I want to see more. You know you want to.

11. seanblee

seanblee What's a Dremel?

You're also rude...

Last edited: 19 Dec 2004
  12. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

And you are possesed of no manners in dealing with a forum moderator.

Nexxo, awesome mod. I've incorporated a few of your smaller touches into my own rig, but you still consistently amaze me. This is beautiful, when will it be done?

13. Morpheon

Morpheon What's a Dremel?

A modder is never late...nor is he early...he finishes precisely when he means to....

we all will have to wait for Nexxo the White to finish this one :D

14. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

Ever been outside? You might like it.

15. Chrizzle

Chrizzle What's a Dremel?

Just because they run the sight doesn't make them right. When they're wrong people have the right to tell them so. Compact theory, crush the infamous thing, etc.

16. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xen0phobiak
    Thats funny, i'm a mod telling you to read the thread

would you like me to link to the exact post, and get you some ice cream while im at it?

You're also arrogant and rude - didn't realise those were necessary qualifications for being a forum moderator?

You do realize that you'll quite likely be banned for doing something like that. Not only do you insult a moderator, but you take it a step further, and spit in the faces of all the moderators, as well as the modder whom we gaze upon his fair works here. It would likely be best for you to aplogise for that remark.

As to Det and Xeno's standoff, Det really could have replied better to Xeno. The support is really right there in the thread.

17. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

This is a bomb mod, with a level of detail the few of us go into...at least yet. I think it's kinda disrespectful to have a 12yo level pissing match in the middle of it. Nexxo has been incredibly supportive, both in his comments to others and the help he has given freely. I for one would like to thank him and say that I definatly feel he has upped both the bar and the inspiration level here.
    :rock: :thumb:

18. Morpheon

Morpheon What's a Dremel?

...this coming from a guy with well over a 1000 posts... :rolleyes:

19. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Jeez! I turn my back on this thread for a few weeks and I find there's a bitch-slapping contest going on! :eyebrow:

Thank you, Jumeira_Johnnie. Now some of you guys (you know who you are): behave. :grr: I must admit I did not go through the effort of posting exact dimensions of the GPU bracket because: 1. I have no scanner, and no access to one for now; and 2. I figured if I could make a simple template with a ruler and a piece of cardboard, anyone could do it. But given the interest, I will see if I can creat a thread in Modding Guides with the exact dimensions. Everybody's cool now? :)

20. TheDon

TheDon What's a Dremel?

Looking really good. I too know the joys of home improvement so I will be waiting for your next update.