1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Metaversa: LCD goodness (small update 17/07/05)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Nexxo, 11 Apr 2003.

1. crimandevil

crimandevil New Member

Thats pretty cool, it's something I've been working on (when I have the time and cash) for a while now since I do HTPC stuff I wanted something like Koolance's EXOS for it but you know something that actually matches the rest of the A/V gear. Although I'm doing a custom case rather then retro fitting an existing one but it did occure to me to do that, just too much extre work IMO.

2. djfrexx

djfrexx New Member

the case looks verry nice

3. waitandbleed

waitandbleed New Member

Nice lookin mod! Keep it up!

4. scooby

scooby Member

Hey Nexxo, I have been reading through your work log and I must say (just like everyone else) SUPER JOB BRO!!!! Your attention to detail and your patients has really paid off. I too try to follow the clean streamline elegance toward my modding, and you my friend do it so well.

I am soon going to go water-cooling for the first time and have a few questions for ya. I notice a few posts back that you said you where using ½” barbs on most of your setup and that you are using 3/8” tubing am I correct on that? I am planning on using ½” setup myself and would like to get your input on those nice hose clamps from Pi-thon. What would be your recommendation on that, like hose size and clamp size with using ½” barbs?

TY, Keep us all posted and never stop modding :thumb:

Scooby :cooldude:

5. BIOHAZART.RU

BIOHAZART.RU New Member

6. Nexxo

Nexxo Stopped treating this country as if it was his own

The Pi-Thon website has a diagram with all the relevant dimensions to help you select the right clamp. If you want to slip your tubing over a 1/2" barb (irrespective of whether the tube is 1/2" ID or 3/8" ID), you want a Hoselock 1A-08.

7. spookyman60

spookyman60 New Member

8. scooby

scooby Member

Thanks Nexxo, So it would not matter if I use a 1/2" or 3/8" tubing the 1A-08 Hoselock will fit? Just want to make sure since you have experience with it because I don't. :confused:

TY :D

9. Nexxo

That's right. The "hose ID diameter" in this case really refers to the barb OD (rather confusingly). As long as the OD of the tubing as measured when stuck over the barb does not exceed 0.830" (21 mm), you can use this clamp.

10. ralph.pickering

ralph.pickering New Member

Blast! There I was, thinking there had been an update :)

Hahahaha!! I know Nexxo is a psychologist, but I don't recall any mention of his patients, but perhaps scooby has insider knowledge :D
    just kidding.

11. koola

koola Active Member

lol - I thought the same thing!

So Nexxo, is there going to be an update any time soon?

You know you need to! :D

12. DETN8R

DETN8R New Member

I thaught he was done.

13. Nexxo

Not nearly --there is still some cosmetic work to be done on the side panels, and a permanent installment of a MO LCD. However money and time have been a bit tight, and I had some trouble sourcing a lasercutter etc. so things are on hold for a while.

14. pc-modd.dk

pc-modd.dk New Member

Nice work

15. Nexxo

Small update:

During my holiday this week I have had some time to tinker again. You will remember that I put a 5" colour LCD screen in the bezel.

People frequently muse what software they can use to meaningfully display useful info in a pretty manner. I find that Samurize is just the ticket. Usefully it recognises secondary screens and allows you to display pretty much whatever you want, in whatever way you want.

Below is my current config:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will probably tinker a bit more. You can also display HHD activity/space, Winamp stuff (inc. Spectrum and CD covers), voltages, temps, whatever. It comes with Speedfan and MBM plugins. Samurize can perform mathematical operations on the data it displays; note how it registers the SF800 flowsensor (connected to a mobo fan header) via Speedfan, and handily converts its RPM values into l/min. flow. Which is nice. :D

(EDIT: took better pictures)

Last edited: 17 Jul 2005
  16. kaotic504

kaotic504 New Member

umm...somone just made me regret selling my last 2 PSOne screens... :(

17. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

i've got 2 if you want em kaotic

18. Cardan

Cardan New Member

how much? im lookin for one

19. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

Ok ok ok, i have enough, just a few pages too much too take in. Man... this mod is wicked. You have read this already by other users, but i guess every praise, makes you feel better. So feel good, and go go go.... stop reading and carry on modding.

P.S how much have you roughy spend? I read somewhere that somebody else was being nosy. So i guess if you think i am, am sorry, and you dont have to say.

Good luck :)

20. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

It's alive...it's ALIIIIIIIVVEEE!!!
    /me falls over

Nice job, Nexxo. I like how that screen turned out. I've been meaning to get into samurize, but I'm just so damn lazy.. ;)